David Moyes

Lopetegui would have been a better appointment than Moyes for us, neither would be my preference though when Dyche's time's up

He's doing at West Ham what he done here. Took over when they were around the bottom half of the table and made them a top half team with the occasional European qualification. If the Europa conference was round when he was here we probably would have had a great chance of winning it as well.

I'm a fan of his due to the job he done here but we also had many fans back end of his reign here that wanted a change as they felt it had become scale under him.

He's got some talented players there and they probably feel he's underperformed this year but when you look at the clubs ahead of them he's probably got them around where they should be.

United and Chelsea are going to get their act together at some point and now you have Newcastle emerging. They probably look at Villa and think they can emulate that but it's wishful thinking for me.

….i feel much better having Dyche in charge for the next 5 years. Dyche is a top Manager, I’d love to see him with better players at his disposal.
He’s not having better players at his disposal, they won’t want to play for him, so
He’s not going to attract them.
Look
At Onana looks great in a Belgium shirt,
Yet he can’t wait to get out of Everton

He's doing at West Ham what he done here. Took over when they were around the bottom half of the table and made them a top half team with the occasional European qualification. If the Europa conference was round when he was here we probably would have had a great chance of winning it as well.

I'm a fan of his due to the job he done here but we also had many fans back end of his reign here that wanted a change as they felt it had become scale under him.

He's got some talented players there and they probably feel he's underperformed this year but when you look at the clubs ahead of them he's probably got them around where they should be.

United and Chelsea are going to get their act together at some point and now you have Newcastle emerging. They probably look at Villa and think they can emulate that but it's wishful thinking for me.
Anybody can do a Villa, it just takes a 10/10 transfer window.

I know they spent a lot of money, but the majority of it was spent very well.

Plus they have a very good manager.

Now? Yeah for sure, we would be pretty foolish to sack Dyche now and appoint Moyes.

But if Dyche was to leave in the future, I reckon hes incoming.
Dyche should be sacked and Moyes definitely should not be in the frame,
Kenwright isn’t back in the boardroom. We need to get away from this mentality of getting players back and getting managers back.
Moyes is a much better manager than dyche, but let’s go and appoint a manager we can build something with and wants
To coach players and make them better and build a team we enjoy watching. Instead of this dour Toss of a coin football

Yikes. Hadn't paid attention to that at all. Worse GD than us. Conceded 70 in 36, next worst is 63.
Very un-Moyes

Blames the sale of Rice for that moaning that the back four aren’t being protected.

Wouldn’t have Moyes back. Kendall proved that returning is 99 ex 100 a big mistake

Kenwright isn’t back in the boardroom. We need to get away from this mentality of getting players back and getting managers back.
Moyes is a much better manager than dyche, but let’s go and appoint a manager we can build something with and wants
To coach players and make them better and build a team we enjoy watching. Instead of this dour Toss of a coin football
I look at this way.

If Dyche has been sacked, we arent in a good place and we probably need to be realistic with the managers we can attract.

But lets see where we when the time comes.

Why should Dyche be sacked?

He's been one of the best performing managers in the whole league this season.

Without the deduction we'd be in 13th, with a chance of finishing 10th-12th, if results go for us in the final 2. Martinez got us 47 points 2 seasons in a row after we finished 5th whilst we had Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu and a load of other decent players.

The points deductions have also pychologicially hindered our season too so there is a chance that without them, we'd have performed to more like 10th place standard.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back