David Moyes

….i’d like him as our new DoF. I think he’d be a terrific working alongside Dyche, especially with limited budget.

Genuinely no clue why anyone would think this.

Moyes has never negotiated transfers, that's always been left to the owners/DOFs/chairmen wherever he's worked

Naming no names, but the youth coaches at Everton did not have time for Moyes when he was here and felt that he wasn't interested in it at all, so he hasn't got the track record of being great at being in charge of overseeing the structure of a club

A DoF is supposed to oversee the whole football operation of a club, transfers are one part of what he does

The idea here is a bit like the logic that Steve Walsh would make a good DoF when he had previously been a head scout. The jobs are different and there's no saying that you'll be good at all of it when you take on the bigger role

Moyes: Manager first (if he wants) then move upstairs for DoF (nice retirement plan for him - he is 60 now after all)

Graham Potter: 1st Team Mgr (with his staff)

Carsley: 1st Team Assistant Manager (get him some experience for when he has to take over after the boo boys have chased Potter off for being mid table. :D
I don't think any of the three would agree to that.

Moyes has never negotiated transfers, that's always been left to the owners/DOFs/chairmen wherever he's worked

Naming no names, but the youth coaches at Everton did not have time for Moyes when he was here and felt that he wasn't interested in it at all, so he hasn't got the track record of being great at being in charge of overseeing the structure of a club

A DoF is supposed to oversee the whole football operation of a club, transfers are one part of what he does

The idea here is a bit like the logic that Steve Walsh would make a good DoF when he had previously been a head scout. The jobs are different and there's no saying that you'll be good at all of it when you take on the bigger role

….he centrally managed the scouting network at Everton, I know that he was very hands-on in respect of meetings and following recommendations. He insisted the pitches at FF replicated Goodison in terms of exact size and surface and worked closely with Academy coaches and players.

To think Moyes has never been involved in contract/transfer negotiations is a bit of a stretch. He’s old school, he was around before DoF existed.

He’s firm of mind, he knows a footballer, he’ll have a network of contacts, he’s respected and he knows a strategy. Dyche/Moyes dream team.

A fella who jibbed us when he had his feet firmly under the table, when the club was relatively stable (certainly compared with now) and he was probably as close as it comes to having a job for life in football management. Yet fellas are talking about bringing him back into the current s"" show? What is it about Evertonians wanting to bring back former employees?

The one thing I'd give Moyes credit for, was his eye for a budget player, which is something we'll need to do in the short to medium term. If he brought that to the table as a DOF, he could do well. But I'd rather he had a more progressive manager to work with than Dyche.

I don’t get this thing about Lee Carsley….did he play for us? Yes. Has he achieved anything in club football? No. Is he worth employing as a young coach who we can ‘grow’ with? No - he’s 50 years old!

I’d rather we steered clear of Moyes and dyche to be honest Moyes for the way he left and for acting the big balls in the following transfer window and Sean dyche for being Sean dyche

….he centrally managed the scouting network at Everton, I know that he was very hands-on in respect of meetings and following recommendations. He insisted the pitches at FF replicated Goodison in terms of exact size and surface and worked closely with Academy coaches and players.

To think Moyes has never been involved in contract/transfer negotiations is a bit of a stretch. He’s old school, he was around before DoF existed.

He’s firm of mind, he knows a footballer, he’ll have a network of contacts, he’s respected and he knows a strategy. Dyche/Moyes dream team.
imagine the strikers goal records with these two... crikey

The one thing I'd give Moyes credit for, was his eye for a budget player, which is something we'll need to do in the short to medium term. If he brought that to the table as a DOF, he could do well. But I'd rather he had a more progressive manager to work with than Dyche.
Moyes as a DoF - thinking outside the box but I can personally see that working. He would also play hardball unlike some of our other DoF's who were seemingly incapable of manoeuvring transfers, were incapable of identifying prospects or incapable of overcoming the machinations of boardroom power brokers who knew little or nothing about players or player fits.