Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Deal Of The Decade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Selling AJ (for could be up to £13m) an bringing in Saha for pay as you play deal with UTD (£2m at most).

I take my hat off to you both Mr Moyes an Mr Kenwright.(y)

What do you think?

An absolute masterstroke bringing Saha in, i genuinely believe that S.A.F has made an error of judgement letting him go ! Louis' confidence will be bursting at the seams now and i think we are going to reap the benefit for a few years to come.

Hmmmm.... the price we sold him for was ridiculous IMO, way too expensive. But he could be the player to keep Fulham up. He's been on very good form the past 2 weeks (he won a penalty for once! But still had pudits questioning him which was stupid).

But Saha on his day is world class (as showed on Saturday) and for pratically free is well worth is.

The thing is...Saha is still a gamble on fitness. And he's 30.

AJ is 27 and we could've got a few years out of him. It just showed we didnt supply him right IMO.

It's a gamble on Saha remaining fit and injury free and there's still a way to go before we know if it has paid off.

On the pro side on the little I've seen it looks like he's a far more skilled ball player than AJ who could not imo have placed a shot with the delicacy of Saha's third.
Saha looks like he has a fair old bag of tricks when he has the ball in/around the area - more so than AJ who was/is restricted to heading straight for goal.
He isn't as able to make defence stretching runs into space as AJ was, but that shouldn't be a problem as long as we have two 19/20 yr olds who can do that all afternoon without tiring.
The question in my mind is whether that will allow him to be played effectively alongside the Yak who is not exactly the most willing runner.
Will they end up as an either/or alongside one of either Vic or Vaughany? It's nice to have options, and if he remains fit he will be a great asset but I can't help feeling we would have been be better with a fast running striker who can play wide and can also shoot from outside the area - another of AJ's weaknesses.

The only risk with Saha was over his fitness. He's always been a superb player. You can only assume for the money we paid that Ferguson thought he was a crock who would give us limited game time, and indeed Moyes set low expectations when he signed of around 20 games a season. At the moment that is looking very achievable and he is looking like a snip. Hopefully him and Yak will go from strength to strength and we may get on for two strikers that can manage 20 a season.

An absolute masterstroke bringing Saha in, i genuinely believe that S.A.F has made an error of judgement letting him go ! Louis' confidence will be bursting at the seams now and i think we are going to reap the benefit for a few years to come.

Well i dont think SAF is missing him, i mean most of the time he leaves Tevez on the bench and has even left Rooney and Berbatov on the bench, so i doubt Louis would have played for them this season.

Their loss is our gain tho for sure.

Well i dont think SAF is missing him, i mean most of the time he leaves Tevez on the bench and has even left Rooney and Berbatov on the bench, so i doubt Louis would have played for them this season.

Their loss is our gain tho for sure.

Well, a Manure supporting friend of mine said if Saha was fully fit and not injury prone they wouldn't have bought Berbatov. Berbatov is an awesome player...but he wont be as efficient in front of goal like a fully fit Saha.

Saha is just a goal scoring machine on his day.

I certainly dont feel that the striking postitions have been weakened with Aj going, in many ways i think they have been improved in terms of overall quality and Vic and Vaghan getting anopther year under there belts, that said if Saha get injured in the next game and is out for three months we might all be singing a different tune.

I suppose the question needs to be asked though is will we see the 13 mill or Faddys 6 mill being spent on squad additions or has it already been this summer?

Last edited:
That's well gone that, mate.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see (and I've said it before) - Baines out for £6-7mill. Stephen Hunt in for £6-7mill when January comes around.

Good deals.

I'd also include getting the money we got for McFadden and for Bent could be considered good deals as well.

That's well gone that, mate.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see (and I've said it before) - Baines out for £6-7mill. Stephen Hunt in for £6-7mill when January comes around.

Why. Why is he ever mentioned. He's not very good and we have no reason to believe Moyes thinks he is. [Poor language removed] Stephen Hunt.

Why. Why is he ever mentioned. He's not very good and we have no reason to believe Moyes thinks he is. [Poor language removed] Stephen Hunt.

Because we had a 5m bid turned down deadline day so Moyes obviously thinks he can do a job, personally don't rate him myself

I can't imagine AJ being to happy at being shunted out to the wing.

hmm perhaps, maybe we could hold onto him then and loan out vaughan.

i think that with him pushing for a spot in the pecking order, it would force all our other strikers to step up there game.

i'm still debating whether or not buying fellaini with the AJ money was worth it. lets not forget we should compare fellaini's current run of good form with AJ's best for us as well (which also happened at the beginning of his career here), and i'm really not convinced yet that we got a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back