Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Deal Of The Decade.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why. Why is he ever mentioned. He's not very good and we have no reason to believe Moyes thinks he is. [Poor language removed] Stephen Hunt.

As mentioned, I think Moyes likes the engine on him and he's "decent". I dont want him eithe but with stuff like Moyes having a bid rejected, Hunt having a winge and Reading saying they'd sell their players (Doyle etc), plus Moyes came out in an interview saying he's gonna look to the lower divisions or cheeky gems like he did with Cahill etc just leads me to believe he could be with us in January. Hope I'm wrong.

AJ's average, I was never a big fan of his. Watching him at Goodison once again reminded me how average and one dimensional he was.

Saha's been a bit up and down as of now but he's still settling and trying to get games under his belt. I have no doubts about his quality and he is different to what we have. More cultured and he can score all types of goals. He's a complete footballer.

Both good deals, lets hope Big Lou can stay fit.

Hmmmm.... the price we sold him for was ridiculous IMO, way too expensive. But he could be the player to keep Fulham up. He's been on very good form the past 2 weeks (he won a penalty for once! But still had pudits questioning him which was stupid).

Good point, Kenada. The fact is that Fulham are a team that appear distinct possibilities for relegation. If AJ playing for them means they do enough to avoid relegation, then he was a good purchase.

I still like AJ a lot and although he's no Yakubu or Saha, he's a good, honest professional. I wish the diving [Poor language removed] all the luck for the future :lol:

i wish to see
castillo start a play by bringing it from the back
threading it through for marouane, who with some fancy footwork takes it past 10 openents to the byline before knocking over with some 'nike ad' type behind the leg cross which is met by king louis who performs miraculous acrobatics to beat the goalkeeper from a 'quite frankly no-one can score from there' angle.

all done with panache, viveur and a bit of vavavoom.

it has to propel us to victory though or it'll be a waste of a good goal

now that will instantly create 3 good deals and a great summer in the market.

Selling AJ (for could be up to £13m) an bringing in Saha for pay as you play deal with UTD (£2m at most).

I take my hat off to you both Mr Moyes an Mr Kenwright.(y)

What do you think?

Well done Mr Kenwright on gaining 20 million from the McFadden and Johnson deals and giving us 15 million to spend in the summer.

I applaud you Kenwright ffs.

If Saha can stay on the right side of fitness and I believe he can, he is far better than AJ. Not as easily pushed off the ball and his ball control is far better.

Ha s to be said Saha seems a better provider of chances then AJ too, cross for Lescoots goal was sublime. Vetter finsher can shoot form distance as well, much more presence.

hmm perhaps, maybe we could hold onto him then and loan out vaughan.

i think that with him pushing for a spot in the pecking order, it would force all our other strikers to step up there game.

i'm still debating whether or not buying fellaini with the AJ money was worth it. lets not forget we should compare fellaini's current run of good form with AJ's best for us as well (which also happened at the beginning of his career here), and i'm really not convinced yet that we got a better player.

Utter bollocks. They are as different as chalk and cheese.

AJ had ability but was at best an average Premiership forward. Fellaini could be the best midfielder in the league in a year or two.

We got an amazing amount of money for AJ, but I am certain that we will eventually sell Felliani to one of the major Champions League sides for £30 million plus, assuming that we have not been elevated to such a position after our takeover by the richest men in the world ever, or their mates.

The only risk with Saha was over his fitness. He's always been a superb player. You can only assume for the money we paid that Ferguson thought he was a crock who would give us limited game time, and indeed Moyes set low expectations when he signed of around 20 games a season. At the moment that is looking very achievable and he is looking like a snip. Hopefully him and Yak will go from strength to strength and we may get on for two strikers that can manage 20 a season.
Yeah if he stays fit then its a great signing but lets hope he doesnt have any plans on joining VDM in the sick room anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back