Deja Vu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because according to some on here, the right players weren't available so left it till summer to spend what little money we had.

Which even if its true (which is unlikely that one of the top teams in the prem couldn't attract the "right players" from the whole world) begs the question how pathetic is it that said top team have to make a decision between buying players in Jan and in Summer.

Same old crap, same old excuses will be trotted out and we'll continue to bang our heads on that ceiling.

There's no choice. There's sell to buy. It's the lies that wind us up, but it'd make them look bad and we'd 'protest' (I think it'd be fine for them from the majority) if they told us the truth- that to protecf share prices player trading EACH WINDOW is essentially a separate business to everton football club and other windows apart from the odd £5-6m - it'd at least stop the gullible actually believing there was big amounts of money to spend. We have SOME I'm sure but that £6m from the jelavic sale is obviously very precious money as unless he sells he has no more, so it's fully understandable that we would wait

What annoys me is figures like £40m being fed through people like Greg o keefe when we all know that's absolute fantasy land

I want to be proved wrong but haven't for years.

that had typical everton written all over it, done with this ****e now **** off everton hype ourselves up every season, we will finish 7th as usual, bottlers

If you can't see how failure from us to invest in January has cost us big time then you're blind.

We needed a top class striker. So do lots of other teams. There aren't many around which is why we see Jones, Jelavic, Holt and others in demand.Apart from Mata going to Man Utd, not much happened for anyone in the window and that's mostly down to the fact that quality players aren't available in January.

Even if we bought Messi martinez would still play his schoolyard pals osman and naismith.

The fact he took pienaar off before osman, which disjointed the team and left baines isolated says it all.

moyes with neville all over again this. Barkley makes a mistake and is dropped osman cocks up game after game and is rewarded as usual

Second season in a row we've been in a solid position in the table, chasing European football. Season season in a row we've been told there is money to spend. Second season in a row we've been told to wait until the Summer. Second season in a row we've slipped down the table as a result.

No fit striker in the team, Leon Osman starting games. Would any other team with top 4 aspirations be happy with that ?

The worst thing is it was so predictable, and so preventable.

Sadly nothing will change, hopes will rise and fall each season and every transfer window until enough investment is brought into the club to take the club to the next level.

We will see in.the summer brennan, im.well sceptical if their was anything to spend in jan myself, but will give martinez - not the board, the one chance to prove me wrong, if however in.the summer we do not have at least a 15-20m+ positive spend then martinez will have shown he cant be trusted and that hes just providing a charasmatic cover for our board.

Second season in a row we've been in a solid position in the table, chasing European football. Season season in a row we've been told there is money to spend. Second season in a row we've been told to wait until the Summer. Second season in a row we've slipped down the table as a result.

No fit striker in the team, Leon Osman starting games. Would any other team with top 4 aspirations be happy with that ?

The worst thing is it was so predictable, and so preventable.

Mate, I reckon we get the club we deserve. Accept these owners and their pisstakes year in and year out - expecting CL football and also demanding it be done on a negative net spend - and you get the slap in the face you rightly deserve.

Until these shysters are gone forget a top four finish.

Oh well we'll be fine in the summer when all our loan stars return to their real clubs and we're left with Naismith and Kone as our strikers and Osman leading the midfield. Disaster. Nice one Bill.

Martinez has dropped the ball big style. Naive against the [Phrase removed] and spuds, not getting a forward in, signing Kone.

No Europe again it seem. 8th place written all over us.

No way will we finish out the top 7. To qualify though we might need City to win the LC and the two FA Cup finalists to be from the top 6.

Moving Osman to left wing and takin off*Pienaar, then bringing on McGeady instead of Traore are the two dumbest things Martinez has done this far as Everton manager, closely followed by the team selection for Villa.

Mate, I reckon we get the club we deserve. Accept these owners and their pisstakes year in and year out - expecting CL football and also demanding it be done on a negative net spend - and you get the slap in the face you rightly deserve.

Until these shysters are gone forget a top four finish.

I'm concerned about us getting Europe full stop now, never mind Champions League.

Moving Osman to left wing and takin off*Pienaar, then bringing on McGeady instead of Traore are the two dumbest things Martinez has done this far as Everton manager, closely followed by the team selection for Villa.

All kenwrights fault though.

disjointing the team taking off pienaar for osman said it all.

favourite.

Oh well we'll be fine in the summer when all our loan stars return to their real clubs and we're left with Naismith and Kone as our strikers and Osman leading the midfield. Disaster. Nice one Bill.

Yeah the closer we get to that reality, the less confident I get about defending the loan policy to people saying similar. We all know there's no money, so we have to rely on a lot of loan players again!

Status
Not open for further replies.