2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for him that he has chosen to come out and be vocal about his struggles. Maybe this will provide a real platform to turn his life around. I really hope it does. I hope he has shown up committed to football. If he has, I hope that Dyche gives him a chance at redemption. If he is able to regain his form, he could be a huge asset for us next year. I think we all quickly forget that we did see one or two flashes in the run in under Lampard.

Not at all, I'm just not stupid enough to think that Spurs have ten million pounds worth of sympathy to donate to Everton for Everton to help a player Everton own.

To be fair he was a great player for Spurs and that's where his problems began. Maybe it would be better getting some fee rather than none because make no mistake that's where it's going. And there more importantly is a players welfare to speak of which is far more important. The best solution is if there is no renegotiation to be had, we obviously can't afford him, is for the player to have a fresh start on loan elsewhere. Spurs had us off basically, they must have known about the underlying problems, it's whether we did.

The sad thing is,this will be forgotten about very quickly and people will be straight on his back.

it happened with Dom and Keane after stories came out about their mental health problems, a few months later it was like it never happened.

So Mourinho didn't listen to him or care what was going on?

I would hazard a guess that the player didnt know what was going on, or more to the point, why. My, and Nikki's issues with MH, whilst not on the same scale became a whole lot easier to process and deal with once we understood why it was happening. And that it is actually normal.

Honestly reading through this thread a bit is actually upsetting. We have a depression and general mental health page on this forum, I’ve used it myself but some of you lot probably scoff at it or worse.

Should be ashamed of yourself if you’re not 100% behind this poor lad after his struggles. He not only needs help and support, he bloody deserves it after what he’s been through. This is far bigger than football itself, this is a human being.

Very proud of Everton helping him through this time, and who knows if Alli's form bounces back from this. He has a lot of work to do.

Regardless, what he's done and said will help many people and I wish him all the best for that. And of course, in the Hollywood version of this we stick by him, he regains form, plays in the 10 spot were missing badly and keeps us up. Is that worth 20m. Yes, every penny.

My thoughts are, there is a player in Dele, flashes were shown while playing for us. He genuinely changed the game when he came on against Palace. Give him time to get his feet back under himself and see what happens. We cant let a potential fee reduce his opportunities to show his worth. If he's not doing it, by all means loan or sell, but I think he deserves a chance, because, if he gets it right and plays even at 70% of his ability, we have a difference maker in our midfield.

I said it earlier in this thread- something happened in his life for him to go through with all these antics. It’s almost always a cry for help when someone is reverting to childlike behavior as an adult and it all makes sense now. Hopefully he get gets the help he needs. I don’t think we should go overboard and play him out of pity, but I hope the lads and people within are there for him to help him through those struggles. That is rough.

Some of the relies on this thread are really quite upsetting. Mental health really shouldn’t be a taboo subject in this day and age. He deserves our full support and hopefully it has changed the mindset of many on here that these players have the same struggles as many of us, all the money in the world doesn’t change that.
Stop and think, the pressure on this lad had been really intense and I am so happy he is finally accepting the help he desperately needed.

My thoughts are, there is a player in Dele, flashes were shown while playing for us. He genuinely changed the game when he came on against Palace. Give him time to get his feet back under himself and see what happens. We cant let a potential fee reduce his opportunities to show his worth. If he's not doing it, by all means loan or sell, but I think he deserves a chance, because, if he gets it right and plays even at 70% of his ability, we have a difference maker in our midfield.
At 70% of his capability he is easily our best player.
Hope we can get to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back