2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever is genuinely responsible for signing off on this transfer needs sacking, if that’s Lampard then so be it. It was never in a million years going to work.
But it did work though, he was signed on transfer deadline day for nothing and he made key contributions against Leicester and turned the game against Palace that ultimately kept us in the premier league. That's what he was signed for.

Whoever is genuinely responsible for signing off on this transfer needs sacking, if that’s Lampard then so be it. It was never in a million years going to work.
Lampard I believe. Apparently, gammon faced Awwy Wednknapp called him up on deadline day and told Frank to take a chance on him.

Lampard I believe. Apparently, gammon faced Awwy Wednknapp called him up on deadline day and told Frank to take a chance on him.

Heard this a few times but I just don’t know why anyone would listen to Harry Redknapp on anything football-related in the year 2022, 7 years after he last had any involvement in the game.

Heard this a few times but I just don’t know why anyone would listen to Harry Redknapp on anything football-related in the year 2022, 7 years after he last had any involvement in the game.
Especially when Frank would have been busy sorting media, meeting people at the club etc on the day

….add him to a long list of dreadful deals, we have no idea of accountability because so many within the club could bring in their own players.

I suppose with Alli, he at least gave that vital little block on the Palace defender that allowed DCL to score ‘that’ goal & we should now be free of having to pay much in the way of a transfer fee.

Wouldn't just be Lampard he was appointed on deadline day!

Screenshot_20221214_185320_Chrome.jpg

But it did work though, he was signed on transfer deadline day for nothing and he made key contributions against Leicester and turned the game against Palace that ultimately kept us in the premier league. That's what he was signed for.
To be fair it was a gamble worth taking either way. If we got even half the player he was then he would have been a great pick up. It is almost certainly over for him at the top. Lost all the hunger and desire. Probably also lost the love of the game. He has millions in the bank and he will have other revenue streams, so money not a problem.

If he can't even cut it in a minor league like Turkey then his current contract is surely his last, and we are stuck with him until it runs out.

Doubt he'd even get offers from MLS or Middle East on his current showing.

Apart from the £15m* we owe him over the duration of his contract with us…..(*less whatever money whoever he gets loaned out to cover)

Status
Not open for further replies.