2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to forget Peter ‘ Sailor ‘ Harburn if you saw him. We signed him from Brighton in 1960, I think, watched him in his first game at the start of the season, Jesus! We lost 2-0, he’ll be on your list if you saw him.

Not long after he came he was out injured for a few weeks, his wife thought she heard burglars in the garden and he ran out to confront them and ran straight into the garden washing line and nearly blinded himself, I kid you not, don’t what became of him or where we managed to off load him.

That’s one thing Everton have always excelled at since I started watching them in 1948-——-signing absolutely bleedin’ useless footballers!

Was it Carl Tiler we signed and he played the first half of the Mersey derby, we got smashed 5-0 and substituted, at half time and never played for Everton again.

Try not to forget Peter ‘ Sailor ‘ Harburn if you saw him. We signed him from Brighton in 1960, I think, watched him in his first game at the start of the season, Jesus! We lost 2-0, he’ll be on your list if you saw him.

Not long after he came he was out injured for a few weeks, his wife thought she heard burglars in the garden and he ran out to confront them and ran straight into the garden washing line and nearly blinded himself, I kid you not, don’t what became of him or where we managed to off load him.

That’s one thing Everton have always excelled at since I started watching them in 1948-——-signing absolutely bleedin’ useless footballers!
Hadn't heard of him (bit before my time), so looked him up. He signed for £6500 from Brighton, played 4 times in 5 months and was then sold to Scunthorpe for £4000. Happy days

We can probably give him a go once we’ve played 32 games this season. Then make a decision on whether to re-sign him in summer based on how he gets on in those

The Dyche magic has worked on Gomes but getting Dele to play well would be
too much for even Harry Potter's leadership group.

He was utter crap before his injury so he would need a massive improvement injection.
No, EFC is saddled with the professional victim/playboy/chancer until June.
Great to see Xmas cheer has improved your posts in this thread!

The Dyche magic has worked on Gomes but getting Dele to play well would be
too much for even Harry Potter's leadership group.

He was utter crap before his injury so he would need a massive improvement injection.
No, EFC is saddled with the professional victim/playboy/chancer until June.

Have you just called a man who was raped as a child a professional victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back