2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible comment.

He was very brave to tell his story and ask for support. He may never play for us again but I trust he will leave as a more content person.
Get where you are coming from but he's not on a normal person's salary is he?

Basically it has cost us a small fortune to help him deal with the stuff from his younger days. He's very fortunate that the football world has given him the means to deal with this in a way that many others in similar circumstances do not. What happened to him was despicable and he's done a lot of good by talking about it but it would be even better if he used some of his fortune to help others. And, maybe he has or maybe he hassn't, his choice, but it would also be nice to see some gratitude from him towards the clubs that have helped him.

Basically it has cost us a small fortune to help him deal with the stuff from his younger days. He's very fortunate that the football world has given him the means to deal with this in a way that many others in similar circumstances do not. What happened to him was despicable and he's done a lot of good by talking about it but it would be even better if he used some of his fortune to help others. And, maybe he has or maybe he hassn't, his choice, but it would also be nice to see some gratitude from him towards the clubs that have helped him.
You think money is helping him deal with his life? You know what he does or doesn't do with his money as far as helping others? I sure as hell don't. You don't think he's grateful in private to the manager and the club for helping him? You've just about completed the stereotype bingo. The only advantage to having money and having mental health issues is getting private help, it doesn't cure you.

And, maybe he has or maybe he hassn't, his choice, but it would also be nice to see some gratitude from him towards the clubs that have helped him.

He said this.

"Everton were amazing and supported me. I will be grateful to them forever. For them to be so honest and understanding I couldn't ask for anything more during a time I was making the biggest decision of my life - doing something I was scared to do. I'm happy I've done it."

In a thread packed with bad takes on a person's struggle, that's right up there.

Congratulations.

Mate, you may well be right, but you can't say stuff like that on this forum.

You have to be 100% supportive, nothing less is tolerated.

Charity FC.

You gotta put him on the top 20 worst signings when you see the return on the £100k p/w he is paid, we`ve paid him c£7.1m since his last appearance!

He last took to the field in an Everton shirt on 13th Aug 22, 71 weeks ago - 71 x 100,000 = c£7.1m

Dele joined in January 2022, we`ve paid him c£9.9m for 13 appearances, £762k per appearance and in another 7 appearances we have to pay Spurs whilst still paying the player £100k p/w.....

It`s an outlay we just can`t afford, unfortunately.
Mate, it was Christmas Day. Have a day off.

Last edited:

Mate, you may well be right, but you can't say stuff like that on this forum.

You have to be 100% supportive, nothing less is tolerated.

Charity FC.
You can be critical of the signing, critical of the money spent on him, critical of his performances should he kit up again. Calling him a professional victim as another poster has? That's poor. And untrue. Also, why would you want to be personally critical of someone who was abused as a child? What goes through your head to criticise that aspect of his life?

He isn’t right. Neither are you.

This thread remains a disgrace. With people who are uneducated about trauma making blasé and frankly disgraceful comments.
I've said some bad stuff about him in the past regarding his gaming addiction, lack of passion for the game etc. But that remarkably brave thing he did, coming out to the world about his most private and horrible events instantly changed my outlook. Addiction turned out to be escapism. Hat off to the lad. Hope he finds happiness in whatever life brings him.

Lesson I've learnt. Don't judge too quickly.

Well done Everton for supporting him.

You can be critical of the signing, critical of the money spent on him, critical of his performances should he kit up again. Calling him a professional victim as another poster has? That's poor. And untrue. Also, why would you want to be personally critical of someone who was abused as a child? What goes through your head to criticise that aspect of his life?
Thats the spirit, unwavering support.

Charity FC strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back