2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see how we can offer him a contract when he hasn't played during pre season.
I don’t think this is a massive issue, we’ve got three or four weeks of training before a decision needs to be made, I think professional coaches will be able to make a good assessment of his performances v other PL level players in training. You don’t get that luxury with most other signings after all.

It’ll probably become apparent quite quickly whether he is at or capable of reaching the standard required.

I don’t think this is a massive issue, we’ve got three or four weeks of training before a decision needs to be made, I think professional coaches will be able to make a good assessment of his performances v other PL level players in training. You don’t get that luxury with most other signings after all.

It’ll probably become apparent quite quickly whether he is at or capable of reaching the standard required.
Yeah, last season was the first in ages where everyone looked fit and ready every match, we’ve got a good clever coaching team and we don’t take risks on things like 80% fit Dom like the previous managers.

It’ll be up to Dyche and team to say if he’s worth a low money/pay as play contract and they are probably the coaching team I’d trust the most to get that right.

Yeah, last season was the first in ages where everyone looked fit and ready every match, we’ve got a good clever coaching team and we don’t take risks on things like 80% fit Dom like the previous managers.

It’ll be up to Dyche and team to say if he’s worth a low money/pay as play contract and they are probably the coaching team I’d trust the most to get that right.
Absolutely. I don’t have a strong opinion on Dele but for the first time in a while I trust the judgement of those making the decision, and even without him playing in the friendlies I’m sure they will have more than enough information to base the decision on.

Inclined to think so as well. We've definitely been more than open in seeing how he got on this summer. Hopefully it also meant that we set the correct expectations with the player himself early on and he's also been open to that.
And the fact he’s popping up and being officially recognised in the club’s SM posts.

I’d not be surprised if we’ve said to him we’ll offer you a pay as you play contract at the last possible moment. No games yet = no wages so no desparate contract requirement and that.

If blue bill was running the show I’d imagine it would be for sentimental luvvy reasons , if dyche offers the player a contract I’ll assume it’s because he thinks he has something to offer

We can take as long as we like mate, there is no deadline really.

We can take as long as we like mate, there is no deadline really.

Yes there is.

IMG_7780.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back