2023/24 Dele

Yeah but why would Spurs even come in to negotiate, if we add on more games or reduce the first payment fee it would be ditto. Spurs should have something to gain within the current contract length right...
Because they will receive nothing if we play Dele Alli 6 or fewer times. And that's probably what will happen due to our finances.

I'm sure they would rather receive something than nothing.

Honestly believe the injury is a lie so the club can avoid playing him

I'm not sure I believe it, but if that's the route we are going down it's equally possible that the club don't want him fit because when he's injured there is an insurance policy which covers at least some part of the wages I believe, once a player is out for a long enough period of time

Back in the day we actually couldn't find an insurer for big Dunc because of his injury record

Because they will receive nothing if we play Dele Alli 6 or fewer times. And that's probably what will happen due to our finances.

It just feels like once Spurs come to the negotiating table, they will have a cost. They cannot exert their influence beyond the contract length and can possibly only charge a very nominal fee to Everton in the form of a transfer fee payment if anything while stating very publicly that it is for Dele or do something left-field like setup a Charity under his name with the transfer fee for the mental health of footballing professionals (not a good look asking for money when he has stated that his illness predated his Everton transfer).

We would or should not offer a longer contract to Dele under the current circumstances with all the uncertainty regarding his on-field performance. So support and rehabilitate him for as long as necessary (even beyond contract length) and he is free to sign on free with anyone willing to take a punt on him.

Alternatively, we renegotiate a nominal fee upfront with a sell-on, make him a superstar within December and sell to Saudi in January.

So it seems to me more like a question of whether Dele's contract will be negotiated or not.

Daniel Levy would 100% rather deprive us of a player than receive a tiny amount of money.
Its madness to me that people think Daniel Levy, 1 of the best in the footballing world would pass up on 10m to *checks notes, help out another Premier League team and a multimillionaire footballer.

BUT IF DOESNT HE GETS NOTHING THEY SAY.

Im sure he would rather have nothing than watch 10million playing football weekly.

Its madness to me that people think Daniel Levy, 1 of the best in the footballing world would pass up on 10m to *checks notes, help out another Premier League team and a multimillionaire footballer.

BUT IF DOESNT HE GETS NOTHING THEY SAY.

Im sure he would rather have nothing than watch 10million playing football weekly.

Anything that may even slightly benefit us in any way, will not be entertained by Levy. He’d rather see Dele Alli never kick a football again and retire than give us an opportunity to wriggle out of the deal we signed. He certainly isn’t going to renegotiate to try and claw back about £3m.

They have already received something - they got a massive earner off the wage bill.

A transfer fee is just icing on the cake.

Given it's now Oct and he's still nowhere to be seen the whole point does seem rather moot.

At this point, I expect both clubs know that he's finished at this level.

Everton's best option is to get him fit enough to go out on loan and save themselves six months' wages from January.

…I think this is accurate but I doubt anybody would want him in January. Clubs will know we’ve been done good style by Spurs, we just have to take our losses.