2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there’s other viable options, he should not be starting on Sunday.
Unfortunately we can't register players currently meaning all our options are 'unviable' as they are all garbage.

Look at yesterday's bench, who would you replace him with?

Other than putting richie to the left and starting with either DCL who appears useless currently, or Rondon who we all wanted no where near the pitch just a month ago, what other option is there?

Unfortunately we can't register players currently meaning all our options are 'unviable' as they are all garbage.

Other than putting richie to the left and starting with either DCL who appears useless currently, or Rondon who we all wanted no where near the pitch just a month ago, what other option is there?
I’d give el ghazi a chance to start with. Ali, put richy on the left, play DCL or Rondon up top. There’s options there, which need looking at. I get the you don’t change a winning team tactic. But he’s been absolutely terrible for months now. His only thought is head down and when can I get a shot off… it’s alright once in a while but not every time you have the ball. He’s been in positions to cross and he’s shot, to pass forward but then he’s turned back and went inside. Decision making is awful, hasn’t changed since probably his younger days at Birmingham, can’t see him changing much now. Sell if given the chance.

That was a disgusting performance by him last night, fair play. Impressed he lasted as long as he did and wasn't hauled off at half time. Him being on the pitch put us at a huge disadvantage.

I’d give el ghazi a chance to start with. Ali, put richy on the left, play DCL or Rondon up top. There’s options there, which need looking at. I get the you don’t change a winning team tactic. But he’s been absolutely terrible for months now. His only thought is head down and when can I get a shot off… it’s alright once in a while but not every time you have the ball. He’s been in positions to cross and he’s shot, to pass forward but then he’s turned back and went inside. Decision making is awful, hasn’t changed since probably his younger days at Birmingham, can’t see him changing much now. Sell if given the chance.

Safe to say El Ghazi won’t be playing for Everton again whilst we need points.

it's not his attitude at all, he works hard

he's just not very good.

That's it. Simple as that. He has the talent, but he doesn't have the brain. Not attitude, not application. Simply decision making. And the same applies to Anthony Gordon.
You look at Silva and De Bruyne not blessed with blistering pace or physicality. But their decision making stands them out as elite footballers. You barely see them waste a pass in the final third, yet our offensive players barely make a completed pass in the final third.

I agree to a point. I was one of Rondon's most staunch critics and DCL hasn't performed anywhere near to what he's capable of, but equally has Gray?

If something isn't working, it'd be irresponsible to carry on with the same tactic due to the mere hope that he, Gray, will come good. We've got to adapt.

For me, I'd put Rondon or DCL up top, move Richarlison to the left - arguably his strongest position - and bring Gray on from the bench, where's been effective.

It may not be an ideal scenario although when balanced against the current situation it may be worth it. DCL has the higher potential, but there's questions there.

Rondon has surprised me as of late albeit his limitations aren't going to go away.

I agree to a point. I was one of Rondon's most staunch critics and DCL hasn't performed anywhere near to what he's capable of, but equally has Gray?

If something isn't working, it'd be irresponsible to carry on with the same tactic due to the mere hope that he, Gray, will come good. We've got to adapt.

For me, I'd put Rondon or DCL up top, move Richarlison to the left - arguably his strongest position - and bring Gray on from the bench, where's been effective.

It may not be an ideal scenario although when balanced against the current situation it may be worth it. DCL has the higher potential, but there's questions there.

Rondon has surprised me as of late albeit his limitations aren't going to go away.
I agree with all that.

I would assume that lampard is thinking about his pace and being able to carry the ball up the pitch. Same reason Gordon hasn't been given a break. Richie isn't as good at travelling with it, so Gordon and gray are the outlets to move it it forward. Take one of them out, and it makes the transition harder.

But like you, I'm not sure that outweighs the negatives of gray. I would expect a few changes come Sunday. I trust Frank to get it right.

I was particularly annoyed with him last night. It showed that he wasn’t working hard enough and it’s pointless running past him to receive the ball because he simply won’t pass and when he does its
too late and erratic. He has been poor since he returned from injury.

I think Rondon would have been more effective than DCL last night. We should have gave him half an hour and had Richarlison playing off him.

I think Rondon would have been more effective than DCL last night. We should have gave him half an hour and had Richarlison playing off him.
Aye. Rondon, for all his deficiencies, doesn't give up, knows how to cause a nuisance of himself, hold the ball up and has been getting at least one chance.

Can we say the same about DC as of late? Let's not get carried away about what Rondon offers, but right now I'd have him over Gray and DCL.

How that's a sign of a sad state of affairs is another discussion entirely.

Aye. Rondon, for all his deficiencies, doesn't give up, knows how to cause a nuisance of himself, hold the ball up and has been getting at least one chance.

Can we say the same about DC as of late? Let's not get carried away about what Rondon offers, but right now I'd have him over Gray and DCL.

How that's a sign of a sad state of affairs is another discussion entirely.
I agree mate, who’d have thought it eh? Imagine seeing this post 6 months ago. No doubt someone will vault me in the future?.

I was particularly annoyed with him last night. It showed that he wasn’t working hard enough and it’s pointless running past him to receive the ball because he simply won’t pass and when he does its
too late and erratic. He has been poor since he returned from injury.

If it wasnt so frustrating it would almost be funny seeing Mykolenko and Richarlison show for the ball and Gray elect to dribble into someone or balloon a shot.

Hes very similar to Bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.