2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was so good for us at the start of the season. But progressively gone down two levels it seems.

He started off by being massively effective and clinical. Then he had a period mid season of still showing regular glimpses of quality but lost his end product. Now he seems to have neither.

Clearly too inconsistent to be good enough for us in the future. Maybe a decent option to have off the bench next season due to his pace.

Nonsense kev. He would have kept us up for sure. But probably was the wrong manager for us because some fans would never be onside.
You are joking arent you

We would have been relegated already if he was still here. the form indicated it.

I really could not care less if you think the fans hate rubbed off onto the teams performances, if thats what you are suggesting.

He was so good for us at the start of the season. But progressively gone down two levels it seems.

He started off by being massively effective and clinical. Then he had a period mid season of still showing regular glimpses of quality but lost his end product. Now he seems to have neither.

Clearly too inconsistent to be good enough for us in the future. Maybe a decent option to have off the bench next season due to his pace.
But you can say this about any player we have, they have all had poor periods, look at Richarlison, a 9 game run with zero goals until he ended that with 2 at Burnley and even they were pens....in a game we lost

But you can say this about any player we have, they have all had poor periods, look at Richarlison, a 9 game run with zero goals until he ended that with 2 at Burnley and even they were pens....in a game we lost
I don't think it's comparable with Richarlison because I feel Richarlison is the chance taker not the chance creator and really he's fed on scraps all season.

Most players can't make a living off of being clinical. Volume is more important and the only volume he produces is shots from way too far away.

Nonsense kev. He would have kept us up for sure. But probably was the wrong manager for us because some fans would never be onside.
Not a chance! And not a chance we’d have seen the pre match stuff at Goodison, or the scenes at Finch Farm either!
And it wouldn’t have been “Spirit of the Blues” at Leicester or Watford either!

In the first few months of the season Gray was operating between the lines, and to good effect His control when running with the ball meant he was running at pace at the opposition back line. Since his injury he doesn't seem to have got the same space to work in. Last night was typical - Watford were giving no empty space between the back and middle lines.

That Rafael knew a bargain when he seen one? 13 goals and 8 assist between them, quality, without these two players we are now a championship side
I'm not criticising Senor Benitez at all. I am criticising the club for giving him 1.7m and expecting some kind of productive season when we needed a serious overhaul. Why he took the job in those circumstances is beyond me.

I'm not criticising Senor Benitez at all. I am criticising the club for giving him 1.7m and expecting some kind of productive season when we needed a serious overhaul. Why he took the job in those circumstances is beyond me.
O yeah, I agree on this.
From a visual point of view too, that goal against Arsenal and the one Townsend got earlier in the season are the highlights IMO.

He’s being asked to be more displaced and hold the shape and pit in covering shifts, it’s not his strong point but wouldn’t fault his application. Won’t do him any harm. I don’t think he has as much licence under Frank as he had under Benitez, but then again we’re at the business end now and all that matters is the bottom line.

I also wonder is this the fist time he’s played this many PL mins in a single season.

Status
Not open for further replies.