2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like a sulky kid with a smacked arsed when he came off the bench. And then proved why he been lefted on the bench, running up blind alleys, slowing it down when he had the young Patterson going pass and over lapping but just turning inside instead. Just no a team player in my eyes.

Yeah I was really disappointed with him today. I'm not a big fan but he does have that ability to whip in a decent ball and score the odd cracker but that was doing less than the bare minimum when he came on.

Like you said, Patterson had ran about 60 yards to overlap him but he just slowed everything down, ignored him and we went backwards when there wasn't a need to.

Played a big part in that Palace game with a sexual cross for Lewin to head in, and let's see some more of those today as he'll have plenty of six footers to aim at on set pieces. Come on Demarai lad.

My POY

Never hid, scored big goals, biggest attacking threat we have and did what was told. Yes, he's not top top level and can have drops in form. We also want him to be better than he can be.

And for a team with the weakest attack in the league...you still had a chance with him playing.

People around me screaming that he was lazy blah blah. He'd literally just ran about 50 yards chasing the ball. He put a proper shift in, out of position, in a horrificly tense game.

That said, he's a bit brain dead and should be nothing more than a squad player.

I like Gray, he did look nervy Yesterday but obviously understandable.

The kid has some craft but has unreliable output so ideally he would be an option off the bench.

When you think he cost £1.7 million when Bolasie cost £30 million or Walcott at £20 million he's been a great signing.

you can't be serious?

i don't mind gray, but POY?

scored big goals????

he scored 4 goals, 2 of which were pens.

his goals got us 3 points in total.

he's not someone we should be actively looking to sell. but POY ahhahaha

Opinions innit mate.

Only one who's been consistent to me. Tarko close like but I can't get over giving a defender when there's been games where the defence has been shocking.

I like Gray, he did look nervy Yesterday but obviously understandable.

The kid has some craft but has unreliable output so ideally he would be an option off the bench.

When you think he cost £1.7 million when Bolasie cost £30 million or Walcott at £20 million he's been a great signing.
Maybe the true impact as a great signing comes when we sell him now for 12m profit and re-invest in better/more potential/more impact/more consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back