2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any sensible person will welcome the 10m and think we have done really well.

If the squad was not so threadbare I would say it was a brilliant deal.

I was ambivalent about him staying or leaving, if he stayed it was another body in the squad but not one who will affect our season in any meaningful way.
His sale means more money for Gnonto in January.

does it though ? Players who have been sold recently, have had transfer fee's that have vanished into thin air.

I think I'd rather a 7/10 Danjuma over an accoasional 9/10 Gray.

He looked amazing when he burst through at Birmingham, and I thought Leicester did well to sign him.

He was offloaded after a couple of seasons and Bayer Leverkusen were only too happy to send him our way for a paltry fee.

I just think we need consistency rather than flashes of brilliance. It's a decent fee for a player who blows very hot and cold. (for me anyway)

Hopefully we get a tad more out of danjuma. Gray would of been a decent option . 8 million ok great but could we replace him for that?

Say dajuma picks a knock up and harrison and mcneil have set backs , what do we do ?

Gray and Iwobi out for around 30m

Replaced by Beto, Danjuma and Harrison for probably less money (don’t know the loan fees) and nothing up front for Beto which is great for ffp.

That business is great even without taking into account Dobbin looking like he could break through a bit too.

What I’m worried about is Mina and Coady replaced by only Branthwaite which means we’re an injury away from Keane or Godfrey

I don't have anything against him, compared to most players that have come and gone he was super successful.

He goes with my blessings.

May his bank account runneth over, his wives be plentiful, the stadiums be full of goats and his neck remain unroped and left unstoned.

Replaced by Beto, Danjuma and Harrison for probably less money (don’t know the loan fees) and nothing up front for Beto which is great for ffp.

That business is great even without taking into account Dobbin looking like he could break through a bit too.

What I’m worried about is Mina and Coady replaced by only Branthwaite which means we’re an injury away from Keane or Godfrey
Danjuma loan fee was 3 mil and no loan fee involved for Harrison as per the relegation clause in his contract, we just have to cover all his wages.

Danjuma and Harrison will cost a fair bit more than Gray and Iwobi, just hope we can afford to pay it.

Iwobi is worth 22m. Gray is worth $10m. That is how they are viewed in the market.

There’s not some imaginary number to value Gray, it’s staring you right in the face.

Why? Because that’s what someone was willing to pay?

Does that mean that bolasie was worth 27m?

On paper it sounds like a big upgrade, the worry is we’re replacing players we own with loans and don’t seem to have a pot to pee in. I hope money has been ringfenced if we want to sign them permanently otherwise it’s an unsustainable strategy.

On the whole, think selling Gray is good business and that we won’t miss him at all.

On paper it sounds like a big upgrade, the worry is we’re replacing players we own with loans and don’t seem to have a pot to pee in. I hope money has been ringfenced if we want to sign them permanently otherwise it’s an unsustainable strategy.

On the whole, think selling Gray is good business and that we won’t miss him at all.
I know what you’re saying but Iwobi could’ve left for nothing at the end of the season anyway so swapping him for Danjuma who can leave at the end of the season plus £19m net if the £3m loan fee is right is fantastic!

Good financial sense. Bad football sense.

We are short on wingers, would have hoped that money could have brought a right winger in.
I suppose the unattached market, Townsend. Incoming...

Status
Not open for further replies.