Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

He's pretty much exactly what we need and genuinely an improvement on Lukaku, so however it "makes us look", we have to do it, in my view. I'm pretty sure almost no one in the league is turning down half a season of diego costa up top. It's the same length as a January - May loan and gives us more time so sort out a permanent solution.

That said, whether this works out really is dependent on how arsed he is to play his best for us, seeing as he's not playing for a move, arsed about staying first choice here, or trying to stay at Chelsea. It could end up being a massive disappointment if he treats it like a holiday.

A snidey cheat. If we can use him for 4 months, get him to promise to behave in an honourable manner befitting our club*, or be docked wages then use the mercenary for his goals. It gives us longer to find that striker we need.

How fired up will he be when his mind will be planning his life back home? I expect it will be not much.

*except in the derby

Makes no sense. He's been out in Brazil since the end of last season and has barely trained. He's at least 6 weeks away from been match ready. And then its gonna take him a bit longer to be fully match sharp. By the time he's up and running he'll be at Atletico.

Seriously we got the money, go buy a match ready striker right now.
who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back