Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Happy birthday for Tuesday, mate!

Spending time with friends and family sounds like a great idea. It's easy and understandable to get yourself down thinking about who isn't here to celebrate these landmark days with you, but when you can remind yourself who IS there and get lost in their company for a little while it can make things that little bit easier for you.

As for the relationship issue, I'm no expert on such matters but it sounds like the only real solution there - however awkward it may feel - is to talk to them.

Good luck with it all and enjoy your day!
Thanks mate, I appreciate it. The relationship is a awkward one, as we were previously really good friends before we started dating so I don’t want to be too heavy handed, but I also can’t really go on feeling like I’m a chore to her

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. The relationship is a awkward one, as we were previously really good friends before we started dating so I don’t want to be too heavy handed, but I also can’t really go on feeling like I’m a chore to her
It's a funny thing - I get your approach totally: You don't want to risk the relationship by steaming into that conversation; but if you keep letting your current feelings fester, I fear a long, drawn-out end will come anyway.

It's not easy, I know, and you may not get the answer you want when you bring it up, but you'll get closure one way or another and be able to move on, be it together or separately. Obviously I have my fingers crossed all works out as you want.

It's a funny thing - I get your approach totally: You don't want to risk the relationship by steaming into that conversation; but if you keep letting your current feelings fester, I fear a long, drawn-out end will come anyway.

It's not easy, I know, and you may not get the answer you want when you bring it up, but you'll get closure one way or another and be able to move on, be it together or separately. Obviously I have my fingers crossed all works out as you want.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate it, it’s probably time to have that discussion to be fair

Been really struggling lately, have my birthday on Tuesday, and it’ll be my second one since losing my grandmother (though my last one I didn’t feel it as much as it was still raw and lost a few friends over this year. Doesn’t help that I’m currently feeling like I’m not a priority for person I’m dating. Got a few weeks booked off work after today though so I think I’m just gonna try and take some time to see a load of my friends and family while I’m off
Good advice re: being honest. By asking him / her where the relationship is going, your giving them the opportunity to finish it, or, continue. As for your gran, it emphasis that in life for many people, they often go unrecognised. Wise people with bags of experience. Speaking personally, I think about my grandparents a lot. It's even more so in other cultures.Take the time off to be good to yourself buddy, take care.

Good advice re: being honest. By asking him / her where the relationship is going, your giving them the opportunity to finish it, or, continue. As for your gran, it emphasis that in life for many people, they often go unrecognised. Wise people with bags of experience. Speaking personally, I think about my grandparents a lot. It's even more so in other cultures.Take the time off to be good to yourself buddy, take care.
Thanks for the advice and kind words mate, I appreciate it

Been really struggling lately, have my birthday on Tuesday, and it’ll be my second one since losing my grandmother (though my last one I didn’t feel it as much as it was still raw and lost a few friends over this year. Doesn’t help that I’m currently feeling like I’m not a priority for person I’m dating. Got a few weeks booked off work after today though so I think I’m just gonna try and take some time to see a load of my friends and family while I’m off
Some great advice already given mate. You sound like you need a break - abit of time for yourself. Take it and catch up with family and friends. Reminisce, share stories about your gran and others. Grieve as long as you need mate you've lost a part of your heart. But have that conversation with your girl after your break. All the best brother.

You need to put yourself first mate. You will no in your heart if she is the one for you and if she feels the same.
It doesn't have to be the end of your friendship either.

@Woolverhampton_Blue how are things, chief?

Is the sun out where you are? Footy on? Hope you’re making the most and feeling a bit better.

Had a lovely few days thanks mate. Went for a hike around the Wrekin in Shropshire with some friends yesterday, had a barbecue and watched the game at my brothers today. Hoping I can carry the good vibes over into next week.

How long you been seeing her mate? Don't know your situation obviously so could be miles off but does she potentially still see you as more of a mate?

Could never imagine going from being just mates with someone to fingering them silly behind Baa Bar lol

How long you been seeing her mate? Don't know your situation obviously so could be miles off but does she potentially still see you as more of a mate?

Could never imagine going from being just mates with someone to fingering them silly behind Baa Bar lol
Ive been ghosted I reckon, so I suppose I have my answer lol On my birthday too, you’ve got to love it