Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

@Spotty can you help ?
@Spotty can you help ?

I just wanted to know anyone's view on hearing voices is it normal to just hear random voices in the house when alone not from neighbours , or is that just a example of hyper anxiety. I don't really know what to to do like, I don't really get these voices while out, just when in the house alone.
It can be very distressing for people when they hear voices. Everyone's reasons for hearing them are specific to them. Anyone who says they know why people experience hearing voices aren't being truthfull. The best minds in psychiatry don't KNOW,but there are very sensible theories put forward. Firstly Jelav, some voices can be nasty - they tell people to hurt themselves or others, or to do something. These are called " command " hallucinations. Understandibly, they can cause people along of upset and distress. One of theories of why people hear voices I subscribe to is the stress vulnerability model. Basically, voices are how we might cops with too much stress in our lives. Using myself as an example, I can manage a bit of stress - I suspect we all can - but when it comes one after the other it becomes stressfull. How many times have we all said " I don't think I can cope with any more stress, when's it going to end?". It is not "normal" buddy to hear voices regardless of where you are or what circumstance. It could be down to trauma,PTSD, or drugs ( illicit or prescribed ). Might I suggest you visit your Dr buddy, have a chat with them and explain what's going on. There are of course medications which may help - anti psychotics - and therapeutic groups and therapies that can help. There are no " one size fits all " explanations mate for hearing voices and as I say, a wide variety of probable causes, but as I say, I would seek advice from your GP. Your NOT a freak or a " weirdo ", your just experiencing these voices as a response to something and there are people out there who can and want to help. Good luck and take care buddy and sorry if this has been a little long.

It can be very distressing for people when they hear voices. Everyone's reasons for hearing them are specific to them. Anyone who says they know why people experience hearing voices aren't being truthfull. The best minds in psychiatry don't KNOW,but there are very sensible theories put forward. Firstly Jelav, some voices can be nasty - they tell people to hurt themselves or others, or to do something. These are called " command " hallucinations. Understandibly, they can cause people along of upset and distress. One of theories of why people hear voices I subscribe to is the stress vulnerability model. Basically, voices are how we might cops with too much stress in our lives. Using myself as an example, I can manage a bit of stress - I suspect we all can - but when it comes one after the other it becomes stressfull. How many times have we all said " I don't think I can cope with any more stress, when's it going to end?". It is not "normal" buddy to hear voices regardless of where you are or what circumstance. It could be down to trauma,PTSD, or drugs ( illicit or prescribed ). Might I suggest you visit your Dr buddy, have a chat with them and explain what's going on. There are of course medications which may help - anti psychotics - and therapeutic groups and therapies that can help. There are no " one size fits all " explanations mate for hearing voices and as I say, a wide variety of probable causes, but as I say, I would seek advice from your GP. Your NOT a freak or a " weirdo ", your just experiencing these voices as a response to something and there are people out there who can and want to help. Good luck and take care buddy and sorry if this has been a little long.
I know this may seem strange but I last night, I heard Northern Irish fellas speaking through the bathroom air vent, and my next door neighbours aren't Irish, and I live on a quiet road, so it wasn't anyone outside or inside. I always hear them at night, usually in my bedroom, usually late at night.

Another father of two found on Father's Day having taken his own life. Desperately sad. If you are struggling with your mental health please please please talk to someone and let them know. I promise there are people out there WHO WANT TO HELP, AND DO CARE.

Please talk.
So sad. A friend of my daughter took his own life a couple of weeks ago. He was 24, had a baby. Was in the Royal Navy- seemingly had everything going for him. No clues as to why. Couldn't agree more - if you are struggling, talk to somebody, there are people who care and who will help.

I know this may seem strange but I last night, I heard Northern Irish fellas speaking through the bathroom air vent, and my next door neighbours aren't Irish, and I live on a quiet road, so it wasn't anyone outside or inside. I always hear them at night, usually in my bedroom, usually late at night.
Can be a host of reasons from stress to illness (for example dementia/vascular dementia can lead to hallucinations). Speak to your GP.

Hi brother id love to think you're over tired and maybe just rerunning what you've been hearing on the telly as north of Ireland politicians have been on the tv squabbling for days. You should go see your gp anyway mate and have a talk with them it cant be nice being frightened in your own home. Let us know how you get on with gp brother or if you just want to talk. you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Lot of good posts re: hearing voices. Please remember, we are unique individual beings, who respond to things like stress or pressure very differently. We try and cope with the stress of everyday life but sometimes it gets too much for us. Maybe the stress manifests itself in people hearing things - and we cope as best we can. If I may, a little tip for when / if people approach you stating they are hearing voices. Never go along with it and " placate " them. Tell them gently, " I don't hear voices, but I believe you think you can hear them ". Be supportive and encourage them them to discuss what's going on with a health professional. A friend of mine who is also a nurse became very unwell, hearing voices and seeing things. She was very stressed and needed a lot of support. Point I'm making is it can happen to all of us so we must try to look after ourselves. Be good to ourselves and try to recognise when it's getting too much for us and others. We ALL deserve a bit of peace of mind, for me it's the most important aspect of my life, it enables me to function but I never forget that how people attain it is very subjective. Some people function with a degree of stress, for others it's very debilitating. It's just about being supportive and non judgemental.

How you doing tonight brother? I hope you're feeling great and have a good nights sleep. Remember if youve trouble sleeping pop on for a chat mate. Sleep well and God Bless.

Pardon my self indulgence, but my Aunty, a solid Blue, passed away last night. Last family member of my Mums generation & whilst there are still relatives on Merseyside, it'll never be the same for me. To add insult to injury, this is the second time that Covid has conspired to keep me from being there to bid farewell to a family member.
So, I'll be wearing my Black Watch kit to work in her honour (dress code be damned!) and raise a glass to a generation that endured so much!

Pardon my self indulgence, but my Aunty, a solid Blue, passed away last night. Last family member of my Mums generation & whilst there are still relatives on Merseyside, it'll never be the same for me. To add insult to injury, this is the second time that Covid has conspired to keep me from being there to bid farewell to a family member.
So, I'll be wearing my Black Watch kit to work in her honour (dress code be damned!) and raise a glass to a generation that endured so much!

Sorry to hear mate x

Sorry to hear that. I still have my Dad and an uncle on his side but neither my Mum or any of her siblings are still alive. It is a strange feeling that your generation are now the family elders. Much love x

Not self indulgent at all BR, if it helps mourn your auntie fill yer boots.

Sorry for your loss mate, whilst it's tough you obviously have some great memories of her to cherish.

Your description of her as 'Solid blue' says a lot that God bless.

I know I was only on here a few weeks ago saying how well things were going. Unfortunately they've took a nose dive since them posts. I have terminal cancer which I've been living with for the last 2 years. It seems to have taken a turn for the worse and I'm in some discomfort and low level pain and my last scan reported worsening of my overall condition although interestingly the cancer hasn't really spread. I'm not really sure how I'm meant to feel at the minute it's just general disappointment at the moment. I'm trying to avoid being sad as I don't think it will do me any good.
Really sorry to hear that pal and hope you have a good support network around you x

sorry matey xxx