Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I know this may seem strange but I last night, I heard Northern Irish fellas speaking through the bathroom air vent, and my next door neighbours aren't Irish, and I live on a quiet road, so it wasn't anyone outside or inside. I always hear them at night, usually in my bedroom, usually late at night.
How you doing today brother? Were you able to give your GP a ring? Who do you want as our new manager?

Not self indulgent at all BR, if it helps mourn your auntie fill yer boots.

Sorry for your loss mate, whilst it's tough you obviously have some great memories of her to cherish.

Your description of her as 'Solid blue' says a lot that God bless.
My thanks to all for your kind words.

As I expect of a fair few families, a little Red crept into the households back in the day, but she was always talking Everton to me. She'd knitted little EFC Snowmen for Christmas baubles, and would be well up on what was happening around the club, even at 94! Everton was always in our conversations and it was conversation in a way that you just don't experience down here. To many, EPL teams are just teams, but to her, and I'm sure many of you, it's a part of your life and that always shone through.

I'll miss her, and all of that Generation of course, but I'll also miss that Family/Club sentiment. (I do my best here though!) ;)

Hi mate good to hear from you. Thats great you've heard nothing since, hopefully thats all it was. Do have a word though mate with your GP even if just to address the dehydration and stress. It'll make you feel alot better telling him everything and will put your mind at ease which will relief the stress at least. Thanks for letting us know how youre doing we're all thinking about you brother, keep us posted buddy.,post more, Goodnight and God bless.

Weird one today. All my life I'd been told that only my Nana and me were blues - everyone else was Liverpool. She died years ago, but I found out today randomly chatting to my dad she'd never supported them and was only pretending so I wouldn't feel lonely. When stuff like that happens it just brings it flooding back that she's not here and never will be.

Weird one today. All my life I'd been told that only my Nana and me were blues - everyone else was Liverpool. She died years ago, but I found out today randomly chatting to my dad she'd never supported them and was only pretending so I wouldn't feel lonely. When stuff like that happens it just brings it flooding back that she's not here and never will be.
What an amazing granny. No wonder you miss her mate, our oldies could teach us all lessons, most of them struggled and had nothing (money wise) but had massive hearts and plenty of time for us. We used to go see dads mum on Saturday and mums parents on the Sunday - great times. Sad that today so many people are wrapped up in themselves theyve no time for others. We should count ourselves lucky mate some kids today dont know their dads nevermind their grandparents. Cherish those memories mate and do her proud make plenty of your own with kids and grandkids when the time comes.

Hey lads a few of you might be able to relate to this and thought here would be as good a place as any for advice. So I’ve a history of depression and suicidal thoughts and stuff like that, I’ve posted on here a few times over the past few years even.

Well I thought I generally had everything mostly under control for the last few years even with the pandemic but it’s all come crumbling down these past few days. I’m 24 and I’ve just lost my best friend, my dog that I’ve had since I was 12.

He was old I know and I was beginning to accept he was gonna pass soon but unfortunately he got into an accident and due to his age the vet wasn’t able to do much. I got to say a little goodbye to him but not anything close to what I imagined.

This is the first real time in my life I’ve had to grieve for someone or something I truly care about and it’s absolutely tearing me apart. I’ve basically done nothing but lay in bed and cry for 2 days and I’m now currently writing this in the middle of the night because I can’t get the little lad out of my head.

I know some people might say he’s only a dog and get over it or whatever but I’ve had him for half of my life and literally every part of my life that I remember he was there too, I’m trying to imagine how I’m gonna be without him.

I just feel awful about the whole thing between feelings of guilt, sadness, anger and anxiety about his life and my own. I loved him as much as anyone else in my family and like I said he was my best friend. I know I’m a grown man now but I feel like a helpless child without him and I don’t know what I’ll do.

I’m in a real bad place now honestly and I’m gonna miss him so much, I really don’t know how I’m gonna cope not seeing him around or feeding him or anything. He’s just gone and I barely got to say goodbye to him.

I’m just a mess now even thinking about him the poor fella. I’m gonna miss you so much little buddy.

Attachments

• 6753D19A-2C98-4822-BD32-6CAF22976C40.webp
    6753D19A-2C98-4822-BD32-6CAF22976C40.webp
    103.4 KB · Views: 63
Hey lads a few of you might be able to relate to this and thought here would be as good a place as any for advice. So I’ve a history of depression and suicidal thoughts and stuff like that, I’ve posted on here a few times over the past few years even.

Well I thought I generally had everything mostly under control for the last few years even with the pandemic but it’s all come crumbling down these past few days. I’m 24 and I’ve just lost my best friend, my dog that I’ve had since I was 12.

He was old I know and I was beginning to accept he was gonna pass soon but unfortunately he got into an accident and due to his age the vet wasn’t able to do much. I got to say a little goodbye to him but not anything close to what I imagined.

This is the first real time in my life I’ve had to grieve for someone or something I truly care about and it’s absolutely tearing me apart. I’ve basically done nothing but lay in bed and cry for 2 days and I’m now currently writing this in the middle of the night because I can’t get the little lad out of my head.

I know some people might say he’s only a dog and get over it or whatever but I’ve had him for half of my life and literally every part of my life that I remember he was there too, I’m trying to imagine how I’m gonna be without him.

I just feel awful about the whole thing between feelings of guilt, sadness, anger and anxiety about his life and my own. I loved him as much as anyone else in my family and like I said he was my best friend. I know I’m a grown man now but I feel like a helpless child without him and I don’t know what I’ll do.

I’m in a real bad place now honestly and I’m gonna miss him so much, I really don’t know how I’m gonna cope not seeing him around or feeding him or anything. He’s just gone and I barely got to say goodbye to him.

I’m just a mess now even thinking about him the poor fella. I’m gonna miss you so much little buddy.
It's always difficult to lose a pet, we always had dogs in the house, over the years they've gone, one got hit by a car driven by a vet who got out and immediately put him to sleep so there was no suffering, others just went with old age, my mother never hesitated in calling the vet if she thought an old dog was in pain and was going to suffer for a while before dying.. there was always tears whenever we lost a dog, I'm crying here now just thinking about them.
They spend their life teaching us about unconditional love and at the end teach us about death.

We all get our comfort and support from different places but especially our pets. Their love and companionship are non conditional so it's hardly surprising your current feelings. Your obviously a kind hearted soul, so might I suggest giving a home - and your love and attention - to a dog who hasn't had any. Frankly, who better than you. Your little friend cannot be replaced but you can start a new friendship perhaps Baggzio.ive never had a dog mate for purely selfish reasons. I know I won't want to get too close but I'm a big softy and for some crazy reason, kids and animals are attracted to me.ill fall in love with the stupid mut and be devastated when we part. What a coward I am. Anyway my wife is planning to get me a dog ( as a surprise ). Your feelings are very natural Baggzio crying and being upset at losing something we love. I'd be exactly the same. It might be too early for you but there's a dog out there with your name on him / her. Talk to people about how you feel buddy there's people out there who want to help. Take care m8.

mate, your allowed to grieve - he was your baby your part of your family your mate,

i lost my dog (before my one now) of cancer and it was far far worse than losing my dad mate - they’re part of our lives and it’s not just a dog anyone who doesn’t understand that haven’t a clue. your pain /grief mate will get easier over time, it won’t go away it just will get a little better, if you wanna talk more or anything just to even vent, pm me mate x

mate, your allowed to grieve - he was your baby your part of your family your mate,

i lost my dog (before my one now) of cancer and it was far far worse than losing my dad mate - they’re part of our lives and it’s not just a dog anyone who doesn’t understand that haven’t a clue. your pain /grief mate will get easier over time, it won’t go away it just will get a little better, if you wanna talk more or anything just to even vent, pm me mate x
Nice one Matty, good of you to share your experience and reach out.

It's always difficult to lose a pet, we always had dogs in the house, over the years they've gone, one got hit by a car driven by a vet who got out and immediately put him to sleep so there was no suffering, others just went with old age, my mother never hesitated in calling the vet if she thought an old dog was in pain and was going to suffer for a while before dying.. there was always tears whenever we lost a dog, I'm crying here now just thinking about them.
They spend their life teaching us about unconditional love and at the end teach us about death.

We all get our comfort and support from different places but especially our pets. Their love and companionship are non conditional so it's hardly surprising your current feelings. Your obviously a kind hearted soul, so might I suggest giving a home - and your love and attention - to a dog who hasn't had any. Frankly, who better than you. Your little friend cannot be replaced but you can start a new friendship perhaps Baggzio.ive never had a dog mate for purely selfish reasons. I know I won't want to get too close but I'm a big softy and for some crazy reason, kids and animals are attracted to me.ill fall in love with the stupid mut and be devastated when we part. What a coward I am. Anyway my wife is planning to get me a dog ( as a surprise ). Your feelings are very natural Baggzio crying and being upset at losing something we love. I'd be exactly the same. It might be too early for you but there's a dog out there with your name on him / her. Talk to people about how you feel buddy there's people out there who want to help. Take care m8.

Thanks for the messages lads. The past few days have of course been tough but day after day it is getting a little better, trying to keep myself busy and only look at the positives. I still have one dog who's a sister of the one who passed, I've focused on not only getting myself out of the dumps but keeping her emotions up as well. Dogs are obviously smart animals so she definitely is missing her best friend too so my goal is to give her a happy fulfilled life now that she's on her own now too. She's obviously old as she's from the same litter as well so who knows how long we might have her but like I said I want to give her the best possible life I can now and that'll help me in the long run knowing I gave these 2 a great life, even if they weren't with us for as long as I would've liked.

A difficult time. I lost my father to a car crash and my mother a couple months later in childbirth when I was not yet 6 years old (1973). Today would have been my father's 75th birthday and I have been in a funk about it all day. I'm blessed beyond belief to have been raised by my father's brother and his wife whom I called Dad and Mom as they integrated me nearly flawlessly into their family where cousins became siblings and remain so to this day. But I remember my first Dad especially on days like this. It still hurts.

You all are such a wonderful community and I also feel blessed to have found GOT and EFC. Thank you for giving me space to somewhat anonymously vent my pain. It'll pass. Especially made possible when given room by friends to share.

Thank you all.

A difficult time. I lost my father to a car crash and my mother a couple months later in childbirth when I was not yet 6 years old (1973). Today would have been my father's 75th birthday and I have been in a funk about it all day. I'm blessed beyond belief to have been raised by my father's brother and his wife whom I called Dad and Mom as they integrated me nearly flawlessly into their family where cousins became siblings and remain so to this day. But I remember my first Dad especially on days like this. It still hurts.

You all are such a wonderful community and I also feel blessed to have found GOT and EFC. Thank you for giving me space to somewhat anonymously vent my pain. It'll pass. Especially made possible when given room by friends to share.

Thank you all.

What a lovely post mate.

Good for you x

Thank you all.
God Bless you Blue. Thats a beautiful post..You'll be in all our thoughts today brother.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back