Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Keep having suicidal thoughts whenever I’m coming down. They usually pass fairly quickly but it’s still scary. Need to find a way to stay clean and sober before I [Poor language removed] things up or go over the edge.

Are you coming down now and wanting a chat to keep your mind off them I'm here or you can private message whichever you prefer?

Keep having suicidal thoughts whenever I’m coming down. They usually pass fairly quickly but it’s still scary. Need to find a way to stay clean and sober before I [Poor language removed] things up or go over the edge.
That sounds terrible mate :(

Probably a stupid question, but have you tried to avoid these things that are causing you to feel this way?

I know a guy who was living rough for 8 yrs mate in the streets of Ireland. He couldnt get into hostels cos of his needles he said he finally took a' blocker' and hasnt looked back, hes been clean for nearly 2 yrs mate.

Sounds rough mate, chin up, don't give up. I don't know if you've discussed this before here but what is your situation in terms of support? Friends/family, support groups (AA etc.), therapy/doctors etc.?

Woolv sorry your continuing to experience them thoughts. " they usually pass quickly ..." should not be minimised. What your saying is killing yourself - however fleeting - is an " option " your considering to release you of your problems. I may be wrong but I genuinely feel your self medicating using drugs? and or alcohol in order to cope with something that is deeply engrained in your thoughts. To be able to address the the latter you must be able to address the former. I believe therapeutic interventions like therapy will help you face the reasons for your occasional suicidal ideation. Once you have a better understanding you can, with help, address them.

The self medicating is stopping / blocking you getting to the bottom of your problems. Seek help from loved ones, friends and health professionals to address your " unhelpful behaviours " . Once your able to face up to your problems with a clear head, YOU WILL have a better outlook to life. Can I close by gently asking you if you are able to do some volunteering. In my humble opinion, your self esteem must be at rock bottom, and having someone say to you " thank you for helping me, I feel much better now " gives you - it gives me - a fantastic feeling. You have worth woolv, you have value, and I guarantee there are people out there who need help and support from someone just like you. So once you get back on your feet buddy and are able to, consider giving to people. It feels great.

If you ever feel the need to talk , or need a chat, please DM me and I shall try to give you some support. Take care and remember, you can come through this and yes, at some point in your life, people are going to need and depend on you and you will willingly help them.

Take care.

Woolv sorry your continuing to experience them thoughts. " they usually pass quickly ..." should not be minimised. What your saying is killing yourself - however fleeting - is an " option " your considering to release you of your problems. I may be wrong but I genuinely feel your self medicating using drugs? and or alcohol in order to cope with something that is deeply engrained in your thoughts. To be able to address the the latter you must be able to address the former. I believe therapeutic interventions like therapy will help you face the reasons for your occasional suicidal ideation. Once you have a better understanding you can, with help, address them.

The self medicating is stopping / blocking you getting to the bottom of your problems. Seek help from loved ones, friends and health professionals to address your " unhelpful behaviours " . Once your able to face up to your problems with a clear head, YOU WILL have a better outlook to life. Can I close by gently asking you if you are able to do some volunteering. In my humble opinion, your self esteem must be at rock bottom, and having someone say to you " thank you for helping me, I feel much better now " gives you - it gives me - a fantastic feeling. You have worth woolv, you have value, and I guarantee there are people out there who need help and support from someone just like you. So once you get back on your feet buddy and are able to, consider giving to people. It feels great.

If you ever feel the need to talk , or need a chat, please DM me and I shall try to give you some support. Take care and remember, you can come through this and yes, at some point in your life, people are going to need and depend on you and you will willingly help them.

Take care.
Brilliant buddy, its a blessing having you on here mate. ?

Amazing, he appeared to be loving life, always laughing and joking (i never noticed anything not right about him)... it just goes to show that you have to talk about it or see a Doctor as people may not even realize you are suffering.
" Have to talk about it......", this 1000%. One of my students asked me over the weekend what I thought was the most important thing in mental health? My immediate reaction " communication ". It is so so important. People make so many assumptions about mental health. " I thought she was ok " " I just never knew " " he was laughing and joking when I seen him last ". Something as simple as pulling someone to one side and sensitively asking " are you ok, how's your mental health " How many times have we all heard " I feel so much better after getting it off my chest ". There are signs we can all look for. Change in personal hygiene, change in usual behaviour, anger, people being sullen. With females, when they wear long sleeved clothing all the time, losing / putting on weight. Just asking someone " you ok ? " Can allow people to get all out and yes, to show someone that actually, there are people who care. Let's not assume people, we / I have done it before. Let's be pro active in enquiring about someone's well being. Sorry if I'm staying the obvious folks.

I’ve just posted elsewhere but there really are some brilliant threads on this site and the people who are there to listen and to post I hope realise how important they are .

I probably wish either it’d have been here or rather if it was I’d known about it a lot of years ago as honestly it’s genuinely warming to read .
Good post Harry, let me tell you EVERYONE OF US have something to offer.

Hey mate, I hope you are ok and try to stay strong and please try and speak to someone if you can even if it it's just the Samaritans. I have been an addict previously and had issues with both drugs and drink and lost count the amount of times I ended up in A+E after trying to end things. PLEASE if you ever need to talk to someone don't hesitate to give me a pm. I understand what you are going through and how hard it can be to break the cycle, I'm here if you need me.

Good news.. (well sort of)..

For me: I believe I have been diagnosed (or at any rate, it's been suggested and I agree) that I suffer from RSD - Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria - an extreme emotional sensitivity and pain triggered by the perception that a person has been rejected or criticized by important people in their life. It may also be triggered by a sense of falling short—failing to meet their own high standards or others’ expectations.

Maybe other people have something of this and I'm bringing it to your attention because I think it helps a great deal to understand and conquer these things. Not knowing is much worse.

Another Area you might want to explore is Attachment Theory: the concept that are personality type is determined by early experiences with one's primary caregiver (usually mother/parent but not necessarily) and how this impacts upon one's life relationships.

I know some of this is either irrelevant or perhaps old news but there is a rich mine of personal experience you can perhaps relate to and go "oh, yes, that's me" - and, who knows, maybe a little learning might help.