Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My daughter tried to take her life last year. And again on sunday. Went to hospital. Got admitted. Got her sorted for the overdose. Am at my wits end. The mental health team came interviewed her she tells them i cant cope with my head i will probably do this again... Am in a bad place. All the cries for help but they just send her home. With a little fact sheet. ... It really is a shitty world to suffer mentally this world. I was hoping they take her in help her proper but no ! What do you have to do to get proper help ???? You know what boyz. I really envy. All you guys who,s only big nightmare is if we go down !! Atb. Macker

I went through something similar with my teenage son a few years ago. It was a really terrible time for him and the family. Don't forget to look after yourself in all this as it can have a knock on effect. Both myself and my wife really struggled during that period. It might not feel like it, as I couldn't see it myself back then, but hopefully she'll be in a better place in time. If you need anyone to talk to then just drop me a PM as I know I found it useful to talk to people about it at the time. Take care mate. Barm.

Hope you're okay mate.
You won't have done anything to deserve to feel bad, it's just life can be tough sometimes and we have to go through some rough times occasionally that come about sometimes beyond our control.
You've done a difficult thing in reaching out on here, is there a specific subject matter anyone can help you with or give you advice on?
There is such a range of people on here that can help you or if you need to talk just post for a chat there's always someone who will get back to you, you can also use the pm facility if you're not wanting to share your story but please don't suffer for the sake of sending a message.
Please keep posting and let us know you are safe.
Lovely supportive post Larbert, you speak for many of us. Well done

The lowest I’ve ever been. Posting this from my car where I can’t even sleep. I have no idea what I’ve done in life to deserve any of this
I hope you're OK, you haven't done anything to deserve your current situation. As others have said, is there anybody you can talk to. We're all here for you whenever you want.

The lowest I’ve ever been. Posting this from my car where I can’t even sleep. I have no idea what I’ve done in life to deserve any of this
Sorry to hear this mate. I’m glad you posted this here, though, because it shows your instinct is to search for help and/or support, which you’re absolutely entitled to and the good people in this thread will give you in abundance.

Speak out in the thread if you want to unload, alternatively my DMs are always open and I’m sure the same can be said for others.

I went through something similar with my teenage son a few years ago. It was a really terrible time for him and the family. Don't forget to look after yourself in all this as it can have a knock on effect. Both myself and my wife really struggled during that period. It might not feel like it, as I couldn't see it myself back then, but hopefully she'll be in a better place in time. If you need anyone to talk to then just drop me a PM as I know I found it useful to talk to people about it at the time. Take care mate. Barm.
hey! nice one barm.. really appreciate that mate thnx alot .. nsno

Gents, would really appreciate a steer from anyone who has had / has prostate cancer and has been on hormone therapy. Was at oncologist during the week and it is back for second time after I had prostate removed 16 months ago. Told me that with my pathology, I will have it from now on and it is really just an issue of managing it. Reassuring news at 52. Head is in a surprisingly good space but would love to hear a bit of what I can expect.