Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Bit of an odd question but has anyone ever had a friend/family member go missing?

A friend of mine went missing on Tuesday, keep coming up with the 'it's fine, he has just gone somewhere and not charged his phone' but the longer if gets, the less likely. He has been on anti-psychotics too, which is also a worry. it's not out of character for him to go to the middle of nowhere to take pics (he's a photographer), but there must be more to it this time

Guess there is only so much I can do as i live in a different city, just feel a bit helpless. Obviously I've spoken to my mates but we're all just at a loss.

Does this help mate?

http://missingpersons.police.uk/en/resources/report-a-missing-person

Bit of an odd question but has anyone ever had a friend/family member go missing?

A friend of mine went missing on Tuesday, keep coming up with the 'it's fine, he has just gone somewhere and not charged his phone' but the longer if gets, the less likely. He has been on anti-psychotics too, which is also a worry. it's not out of character for him to go to the middle of nowhere to take pics (he's a photographer), but there must be more to it this time

Guess there is only so much I can do as i live in a different city, just feel a bit helpless. Obviously I've spoken to my mates but we're all just at a loss.

https://www.gov.uk/report-missing-person

If you have a genuine fear that someone may be in danger you have an obligation to contact the police.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_rescue

He was reported missing on Wednesday.

Good to hear. Just see what the police can find and hopefully he turns up. Sometimes mis-communications can happen.

But imagine you see someone clearly distressed and about to do something stupid.

Would you just walk on?

I wouldn't.

Good to hear. Just see what the police can find and hopefully he turns up. Sometimes mis-communications can happen.

But imagine you see someone clearly distressed and about to do something stupid.

Would you just walk on?

I wouldn't.

It could easily be that he has just got off to London with no phone, it wouldn't be surprising at all, but after a while the optimism starts to fade..

I wouldnt mate, but its hard to know if everyone is the same.

It could easily be that he has just got off to London with no phone, it wouldn't be surprising at all, but after a while the optimism starts to fade..

Its true. We live in a very cold and hard world at times. But there are nieches where that is not the case too.

Hope you hear good news mate. Lots here will be thinking of you and particularly your friend. Hope that helps in a small way.

Words cannot describe how I'm feeling right now. Don't even want to talk about it really.

Here's to hoping tomorrow's a better day.

Good night/evening people of GoT. Hope you're all having a better time :)

Sometimes a good night's sleep can make the world of difference, hope that is the case for you mate x

That's it. Get some sleep and start tomorrow with a sense of positivity :)

That's it. Get some sleep and start tomorrow with a sense of positivity :)
I did (or at least tried), it's really hard for me to, but I try.

Thanks all. And sorry for a random post like that, I just really don't have anyone/anywhere else to vent...

Been thinking about stuff loads recently, I feel a bit better overall than before, but it's still bad. Trying to change things to make myself feel better about, well, myself...

See how it goes then.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back