Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I did (or at least tried), it's really hard for me to, but I try.

Thanks all. And sorry for a random post like that, I just really don't have anyone/anywhere else to vent...

Been thinking about stuff loads recently, I feel a bit better overall than before, but it's still bad. Trying to change things to make myself feel better about, well, myself...

See how it goes then.

Lad come and play ArcheAge with me, its utterly grim, GRIM.

I did (or at least tried), it's really hard for me to, but I try.

Thanks all. And sorry for a random post like that, I just really don't have anyone/anywhere else to vent...

Been thinking about stuff loads recently, I feel a bit better overall than before, but it's still bad. Trying to change things to make myself feel better about, well, myself...

See how it goes then.
That is what the thread is for mate and given all the different timezones there is usually someone else online willing to listen.

Hope today is a bit better than yesterday x

Try not to let one bad day bleed into the next.
I try mate, kind of a "treat every day like a new start" kind of thing. Plus I try to do anything I can to, uhm, "keep it interesting" for myself, like even simple things can be done better than yesterday, and so on.
That is what the thread is for mate and given all the different timezones there is usually someone else online willing to listen.

Hope today is a bit better than yesterday x
Still a massive thank you to all though! x

I sometimes feel better saying/reading things here than actually talking to people, as I'm weird like that.

Anyway, sort of to go on and literally say I've done the thing I just said I don't like doing - one of my bestest mates (who also had/has mental issues like me, and even worse) is back in town right now and we spent literally the whole night just having a (number of) drink(s), a "real talk" thing and [Poor language removed] about in some random simulator etc computer games during the rest of the time, so loads of laughter and, well, talking happened. Very therapeutic to be honest, and I figured out something for me because he pushed me a bit; a moment of clarity if you will - I should stop to trust people with happiness, as much as I can. I don't mean just be a [Poor language removed] to everyone, I mean to not trust everyone with all of my happiness - yeah, life is sometimes happy, sad, etc etc, basically life is life, but I shouldn't get too wound up by someone who's done something in the past, even if in some cases "the past" is a few days ago. Forgive, forget, move on kind of thing. I know it is the most clichéd thing I've written here, but I feel it true, you know...

I know these are kind of the "ramblings of a mad man" here ffs, but it somehow makes perfect sense to me right now lol and I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing I needed at this point in time - a swift kick up the arse, really.

Hope everyone else is doing as well as possible! :)
If not - keep your heads up lads/lasses, better times will come for all of us. I know it's hard, but they will.

Ninja edit: This might be one of my most positive posts here ever. I'm not sure. Just feel kind of good to be alive for a change. It's weird in a good way lol

I try mate, kind of a "treat every day like a new start" kind of thing. Plus I try to do anything I can to, uhm, "keep it interesting" for myself, like even simple things can be done better than yesterday, and so on.

Still a massive thank you to all though! x

I sometimes feel better saying/reading things here than actually talking to people, as I'm weird like that.

Anyway, sort of to go on and literally say I've done the thing I just said I don't like doing - one of my bestest mates (who also had/has mental issues like me, and even worse) is back in town right now and we spent literally the whole night just having a (number of) drink(s), a "real talk" thing and [Poor language removed] about in some random simulator etc computer games during the rest of the time, so loads of laughter and, well, talking happened. Very therapeutic to be honest, and I figured out something for me because he pushed me a bit; a moment of clarity if you will - I should stop to trust people with happiness, as much as I can. I don't mean just be a [Poor language removed] to everyone, I mean to not trust everyone with all of my happiness - yeah, life is sometimes happy, sad, etc etc, basically life is life, but I shouldn't get too wound up by someone who's done something in the past, even if in some cases "the past" is a few days ago. Forgive, forget, move on kind of thing. I know it is the most clichéd thing I've written here, but I feel it true, you know...

I know these are kind of the "ramblings of a mad man" here ffs, but it somehow makes perfect sense to me right now lol and I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing I needed at this point in time - a swift kick up the arse, really.

Hope everyone else is doing as well as possible! :)
If not - keep your heads up lads/lasses, better times will come for all of us. I know it's hard, but they will.

Ninja edit: This might be one of my most positive posts here ever. I'm not sure. Just feel kind of good to be alive for a change. It's weird in a good way lol
Sounds like an excellent chat mate, some people never quite grasp that bit in bold - the letting go of past bitterness and anger is so important in being able to enjoy the here and now.

Also if you get into a dark place in the future you'll be able to look back on that post and see that your mood significantly improved within 48hours and hopefully that will give you some hope to ride out the rough patch.

Starting my new job tomorrow, really looking forward to it. I'm of course nervous but a good type of nervous. I've feel as if I've been waiting to feel the way I do now for a long time.

Just thinking about the future used scared me to death, I was terrified that I'd never get anywhere and always feel rubbish forever. In the past 18 months or so though I've came a long way mentally. There's definitely been some bumps along the way but I've managed to climb over them and get to this point where I feel so positive about my life moving forward when only two years ago I was seriously contemplating suicide. I never want to go back to that place where I was and now I have genuine believe that I never will.

For anyone who feels as if they're currently in that place, I just want to say that things WILL get better, I promise you. Just be patient and stay strong, you will get a break go your way eventually and you will feel happy again. God bless.

Starting my new job tomorrow, really looking forward to it. I'm of course nervous but a good type of nervous. I've feel as if I've been waiting to feel the way I do now for a long time.

Just thinking about the future used scared me to death, I was terrified that I'd never get anywhere and always feel rubbish forever. In the past 18 months or so though I've came a long way mentally. There's definitely been some bumps along the way but I've managed to climb over them and get to this point where I feel so positive about my life moving forward when only two years ago I was seriously contemplating suicide. I never want to go back to that place where I was and now I have genuine believe that I never will.

For anyone who feels as if they're currently in that place, I just want to say that things WILL get better, I promise you. Just be patient and stay strong, you will get a break go your way eventually and you will feel happy again. God bless.
Thank you, mate.
I am so happy for you.

Removing people from your life that mean(t) so much? How do you do it?

You have to acknowledge, totally, both in your head and in your heart, that keeping them in your life is just making things worse.

It's not always possible to remove someone from your life ( for example, they're family, or the mother / father of your kids ), but, as much as it's a cliche, it's true that sometimes you just have to move on.

You have to acknowledge, totally, both in your head and in your heart, that keeping them in your life is just making things worse.

It's not always possible to remove someone from your life ( for example, they're family, or the mother / father of your kids ), but, as much as it's a cliche, it's true that sometimes you just have to move on.

Brings up the other cliche of Time Heals All, I suppose?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back