Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

A couple of months back I had a bit of a medical scare but thankfully further test results I got today came back benign. Yippeee!!!!

Cheers for all the kind messages posted both on this thread and privately, I very much appreciated it. When I signed up for a football forum I never would have guessed I’d be embraced by such a supportive community, thanks all xxx
is right mate I'm made up for you . Great news .

A couple of months back I had a bit of a medical scare but thankfully further test results I got today came back benign. Yippeee!!!!

Cheers for all the kind messages posted both on this thread and privately, I very much appreciated it. When I signed up for a football forum I never would have guessed I’d be embraced by such a supportive community, thanks all xxx

That's great news. Congrats!

That's great news. Congrats!
Ironically I only posted about it at the time because I got the phone call of the initial results at almost the same time that Robertor posted about his phantom wife's cancer diagnosis and I was trying to be empathic! I probably wouldn't have said anything otherwise - I didn't even tell my real world friends for instance as I didn't want to seem to be overreacting.

And it turned out that speaking about it really helped get over the shock and ease the initial panic, especially as hubby was away on business in Japan at the time so I couldn't talk to him easily.

Just goes to show that every cloud has a silver lining, or in this case even a pathological internet liar like Robertor can prompt a useful discussion lol

A letter from Coral:

Dear Sergei

Unfortunately we are sorry to advise you that we will not be progressing your application further. After careful consideration, we decided that there were other candidates whose key skills and experience better suited the position.

A letter from Coral:

Dear Sergei

Unfortunately we are sorry to advise you that we will not be progressing your application further. After careful consideration, we decided that there were other candidates whose key skills and experience better suited the position.

Keep plugging away mate, onto the next one and keep up the momentum rather than let it dishearten you too much. I appreciate that's easier said than done sometimes but something will definitely come up, just keep looking and keep applying, and as @The Esk suggested maybe try writing to a few potential employers and explain your story, even if you just get called in for an informal chat who knows where it might lead.

Good luck mate.

A letter from Coral:

Dear Sergei

Mate, as @Bungle said just keep.plugging away.

In sales there used to be a saying "a no is one step closer to a yes" meaning when you get knocked back you just have to go on to the next possible opportunity.

I'd really consider writing to a load of CEOs just telling them your story. No harm in trying mate.

Great news
No sorry SUPERB news

Mate, as @Bungle said just keep.plugging away.

In sales there used to be a saying "a no is one step closer to a yes" meaning when you get knocked back you just have to go on to the next possible opportunity.

I'd really consider writing to a load of CEOs just telling them your story. No harm in trying mate.
I have another interview in Liverpool on Monday!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back