Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Cheers lads. The responses have helped confirm what I probably already knew; my hardness is not at fault. Alike many here I’m extremely private and independent so seeking help is a challenge but at least, at the very least, I now recognise the problem. This might sound naive but wondering to myself: “If my condition isn’t bad enough to be diagnosed with depression then I can’t imagine how bad a spot you’ve got to be in to qualify” reinforced the reality. Its borderline treacherous how such an illness does not discriminate; no one in a million years would pick me as having, 'tis a bit of a silent killer ay. Thanks for the replies

Just keep posting mate. You've only got to go back over the last few pages to see some real positive stuff getting posted from people who were having a hard time and are starting to come though it now ;)

I am not sure if anyone has seen Kenny Sanson on Jeremy Kyle

This is so sad, but does scream of not getting help early

I hope he beats this addiction
Very interesting stuff.
More to Kenny's problem, obviously, money.. And more importantly, the spunking of it is a very big part of his issues.

was actually feeling quite happy recently till a so called best friend tonight, completely out of the blue started calling me an alchy, piece of sh*t, etc etc, granted he was drunk, or at least some form of "influenced", i didn't kick off back because i'd made a promise to myself to avoid all confrontations when drunk because they never end well in some form or other, but now i've calmed down and sobered up i still think he was bang out of order with what he said considering he's seen me at my lowest, also took personal swipes at my family etc, even writing this is making me wish i decked him. Ha... you go on a nightout after some really positive weeks wanting to have a laugh with your mates and they end up putting you right back to square one again.. w*nker
just needed to let off some steam, this probably a better place than any to do that i suppose.

was actually feeling quite happy recently till a so called best friend tonight, completely out of the blue started calling me an alchy, piece of sh*t, etc etc, granted he was drunk, or at least some form of "influenced", i didn't kick off back because i'd made a promise to myself to avoid all confrontations when drunk because they never end well in some form or other, but now i've calmed down and sobered up i still think he was bang out of order with what he said considering he's seen me at my lowest, also took personal swipes at my family etc, even writing this is making me wish i decked him. Ha... you go on a nightout after some really positive weeks wanting to have a laugh with your mates and they end up putting you right back to square one again.. w*nker
just needed to let off some steam, this probably a better place than any to do that i suppose.
I'd let him know that he got a pass tonight, once sober.

As @Toast said mate, let him know he's been given a walk on this occasion. I'd also ask him if everything is okay too ?.

If this is out of character, I'd wager something is wrong in the background and the ale has brought it out to the surface.

My missus had a mate who used to behave like this every time she got drunk. When she was a sober she wasn't at all like the person she became when she'd had a drink. Turns out she was being treated for long a long term mental health problems and h meds didn't go too well with ale.

I'm not saying your mate is unwell but something must've caused this outburst ?.

Only my thoughts mate ?.

Cheers lads. The responses have helped confirm what I probably already knew; my hardness is not at fault. Alike many here I’m extremely private and independent so seeking help is a challenge but at least, at the very least, I now recognise the problem. This might sound naive but wondering to myself: “If my condition isn’t bad enough to be diagnosed with depression then I can’t imagine how bad a spot you’ve got to be in to qualify” reinforced the reality. Its borderline treacherous how such an illness does not discriminate; no one in a million years would pick me as having, 'tis a bit of a silent killer ay. Thanks for the replies

There's an online test you can do at

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/depression.aspx

It's not meant as a substitute for seeing a professional, but might help ?

I've been really bad lately, but at least I've got tickets to go back home in a few days, for about a month... Don't really feel like talking about it right now, but it's the same old I've mentioned on here, just a bit worse, as insomnia is back (as evident by me writing this at 7:30am).

To all suffering - keep at it, it's the best you can do, and share as much as you can here if you don't have anyone to speak to (obviously try to reach NHS etc, even if I know it seems a monumental task). You've all got support in all of us here, at least!

And don't forget this acronym that I repeat to myself daily - H.O.P.E. - Hold On, Pain Ends.

I've been really bad lately, but at least I've got tickets to go back home in a few days, for about a month... Don't really feel like talking about it right now, but it's the same old I've mentioned on here, just a bit worse, as insomnia is back (as evident by me writing this at 7:30am).

To all suffering - keep at it, it's the best you can do, and share as much as you can here if you don't have anyone to speak to (obviously try to reach NHS etc, even if I know it seems a monumental task). You've all got support in all of us here, at least!

And don't forget this acronym that I repeat to myself daily - H.O.P.E. - Hold On, Pain Ends.
;)

I'd like to be banned, if possible. This forum is becoming bit of a depression trigger, as is Everton fandom in general. I need to switch off for a bit.
I've granted this request as there was no response to PM's sent by @The Esk.

Obviously we do not just want to turn our back on anyone but if Everton (and debating Everton) is triggering bad things for an individual then we can only do what we've been asked to.

Hopefully they'll seek help if it is genuinely required.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back