Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

ok going to make a fool of myself. everyone has to read my moans. just feeling so down today feeling like that stuff that comes out of your backside. (been warned about inapropriate language.) and what do I do? feel depressed so decide to drink . only good side about drinking is I can vent.

I took the warning off though remember!! Take it easy mate.

but this is what I like about this forum I can just get my feelings out no one has to pacify me or advise me or anything I can just say what I feel and maybe there is no reply but I can just get everything out by typing and that helps me.

ok going to make a fool of myself. everyone has to read my moans. just feeling so down today feeling like that stuff that comes out of your backside. (been warned about inapropriate language.) and what do I do? feel depressed so decide to drink . only good side about drinking is I can vent.

i can understand where you are coming from. Been there myself once before at a younger age, without realising at the time. Talk out loud about it will sound like childish and silly feel sorry for me stuff so i wont go there lol

To be honest i htink it is better to get whats in your head out to other people. I'm sure im not the only one on here who would be happy to listen, even if, as you say you want to vent. Perhaps some of us can offer a bit of help and advice if you want to, but yeah, vent and get the thoughts into words if you dont want to speak to someone out loud.

outside the big world we do like to think we are the centre of the universe.i am the taid. (granddad for you non welsh heathens) I should be the provider benefactor philosopher clown fun guy to be with. but i'm struggling with all that.but I have to deal with the big world as well. struggling with trying to combine the two.

outside the big world we do like to think we are the centre of the universe.i am the taid. (granddad for you non welsh heathens) I should be the provider benefactor philosopher clown fun guy to be with. but i'm struggling with all that.but I have to deal with the big world as well. struggling with trying to combine the two.

I think being the Taid is deep down inside of you mate and when you stop to really take it in you may find peace in that fact. My in law is a very long story in all honesty! but i can see that the little bit of time he take sout to be a grandad makes him happier than he may be for the rest of the day. He probably feels a lot like yourself in that regard but doesn't talk about it to anyone.

Forget about the big world out there and find your peace in where you keep it. Can't talk about zen and ying and yang and all that but the hardest and most rewarding thing to do when you feel like that is to find it and let the big world turn around that.

On the basis of not knowing you or anyhting you are/have been through i would say sometimes you dont need to combine the two sides of you if the worlds do not need to clash at any point. some people can seperate themselves from who they are and who they want to be, and some seperate themselves into different lives. If you feel that it is difficult to combine the two, perhaps take stock in where you could draw the line in the two worlds.

all i ask from my inlaw when it comes to being the taid is to simply enjoy his grandkids company, make them happy from them to be around. If you achieve that then most of the battle as the taid is already won. You put a smile on their faces and you are already their favourite person in the world. Everyhting else can fall in line after that.

Hope none of that sounds patronising mate, just trying to think out loud in regards to your thoughts. thats why half the explanations i type dont make sense, just type whats in my head and hope it comes out the same lol

I think being the Taid is deep down inside of you mate and when you stop to really take it in you may find peace in that fact. My in law is a very long story in all honesty! but i can see that the little bit of time he take sout to be a grandad makes him happier than he may be for the rest of the day. He probably feels a lot like yourself in that regard but doesn't talk about it to anyone.

Forget about the big world out there and find your peace in where you keep it. Can't talk about zen and ying and yang and all that but the hardest and most rewarding thing to do when you feel like that is to find it and let the big world turn around that.

On the basis of not knowing you or anyhting you are/have been through i would say sometimes you dont need to combine the two sides of you if the worlds do not need to clash at any point. some people can seperate themselves from who they are and who they want to be, and some seperate themselves into different lives. If you feel that it is difficult to combine the two, perhaps take stock in where you could draw the line in the two worlds.

all i ask from my inlaw when it comes to being the taid is to simply enjoy his grandkids company, make them happy from them to be around. If you achieve that then most of the battle as the taid is already won. You put a smile on their faces and you are already their favourite person in the world. Everyhting else can fall in line after that.

Hope none of that sounds patronising mate, just trying to think out loud in regards to your thoughts. thats why half the explanations i type dont make sense, just type whats in my head and hope it comes out the same lol
I do understand most of what you say. the grand kids aside if it is a non starter they are young 2-10 so I don't involve them ( ok in my posts I do but I hope you know what I mean) but as you say I do my best for them. it's the adults I struggle with.i don't think their concern has changed since I,ve been given the all clear. it's just been me and my frame of mind. I can't see into their minds but I just feel they think i'm ok and I think i'm not. and all the problems they going thru I DO accept but sometimes tmes wish they would appreciate what im going through. selfish I know but we all are at times

Have a chat with your local GP mate? They won't judge you at all and will do everything possible to help. If it's an on going thing, I would try and get it sorted asap. Be careful with the drink as well, may make you feel a bit more depressed. Good luck (Y) x

Have a chat with your local GP mate? They won't judge you at all and will do everything possible to help. If it's an on going thing, I would try and get it sorted asap. Be careful with the drink as well, may make you feel a bit more depressed. Good luck (Y) x
gps councillors etc involved. I know all that. but with this forum I can just unload. just being on here means I can say what I feel. and the drink I understand. but sometimes needs must.

gps councillors etc involved. I know all that. but with this forum I can just unload. just being on here means I can say what I feel. and the drink I understand. but sometimes needs must.

That's great then mate, glad you're able to find help and unload on here. If you ever need someone to talk to PM me at anytime. I mighn't reply right away, but I'm usually on here a few times a day, so it shouldn't be too long. That goes for anybody as well (Y).

I find it extremely difficult to talk about to be honest and as a person who has always tried to help other people through their problems i think i can help myself.
is hard to understand other peoples problems we just know our own. but I find this forum allows us to vent our own personal one if we want professional advise we go to those places. here is a place we can just unload and vent.

I find it extremely difficult to talk about to be honest and as a person who has always tried to help other people through their problems i think i can help myself.

Hmmm. Don't know your situation, mate but I know some professional, highly trained counsellors who struggle with their own demons. Not always possible to help oneself I think.

And some of the times I've helped others have been at times when I'm feeling at the end of my tether. Reason is, I think, that I can focus away from my own problems and am welcoming of other people's difficulties if I'm up to my arms in ****

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back