Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Mate, I was 32k under in 2008 on loans and credit cards.

Call Stepchange, you need to speak with them. I couldn't recommend this enough.

I am now completely debt free as I received a lump sum recently which enabled me to clear the remaining balance a I was down to the last 6K.

But for 8 years I was with them, it was managed and it released a lot of the stress and anxiety.

Hope it helps.
Stepchange are superb

Thanks everyone - didn’t expect such a response and I have taken all advice on board and working on it as we speak :coffee: hopefully in time it will be me helping someone in this situation out!

And cannot explain how accurate it is that debt dictates your life and relationships! It’s just not worth me feeling like this over money!

Unfortunately I’m passed being able to borrow from the bank anymore as they’ve ‘helped’ twice with further loans and now I cannot get anything ‘more’ - even though it isn’t more because it’s consolidation of existing debt but they just say no...

Once again thanks to everyone who has took time out to help me! I haven’t even been on here long. :)

Thanks everyone - didn’t expect such a response and I have taken all advice on board and working on it as we speak :coffee: hopefully in time it will be me helping someone in this situation out!

And cannot explain how accurate it is that debt dictates your life and relationships! It’s just not worth me feeling like this over money!

Unfortunately I’m passed being able to borrow from the bank anymore as they’ve ‘helped’ twice with further loans and now I cannot get anything ‘more’ - even though it isn’t more because it’s consolidation of existing debt but they just say no...

Once again thanks to everyone who has took time out to help me! I haven’t even been on here long. :)

I can assure you that if you tackle it head on, take the "it's only money" approach and realise it cannot kill you and is something you are still in charge of, you will get to grips with it easier.

I owed the RBS 25K, they used to call me asking if I wanted to top my loan up! I just thought to myself, they played the game, they take their pain! I will pay it back as and when I can without skinning myself. They went bust on the taxpayer for billions FFS! I wasn't going to let them bully me! If big businesses are allowed to make mistakes, then so are we!

As long as you offer something, you will be OK, Stepchange will sort you out kidda. Good luck with it all and pm me if you need any help or advice.

Mate, as a few have said, there is tons of help out there. Stepchange I will endorse. And the legals and that mean that if you get the steer from them or Citizens Advice, will make the situation totally manageable. Believe me. Been there.

I can 100% guarantee that once you get the wheels in motion, you will be so, so relieved. Good luck, and have a nice evening, and a stress free kip.

Its virtual money, and they cant do squat if you play the game.

Still paying Northern Rock £1 pm for some loan from eons ago.

Mate, as a few have said, there is tons of help out there. Stepchange I will endorse. And the legals and that mean that if you get the steer from them or Citizens Advice, will make the situation totally manageable. Believe me. Been there.

I can 100% guarantee that once you get the wheels in motion, you will be so, so relieved. Good luck, and have a nice evening, and a stress free kip.

Its virtual money, and they cant do squat if you play the game.

Still paying Northern Rock £1 pm for some loan from eons ago.
I had a debt relief order coming up to 6 years ago in march , my credit rating is average untill then , then it be wiped clean on my credit rating , we was going to lose everything really stressed at that time it was one of the best things ive done to get out of trouble

I had a debt relief order coming up to 6 years ago in march , my credit rating is average untill then , then it be wiped clean on my credit rating , we was going to lose everything really stressed at that time it was one of the best things ive done to get out of trouble

I did one of these also, got nearly £15k of debt id accrued travelling the world in my early 20s written off for the cost of the £90 application fee, could'nt get any credit for 6 years but got around that by getting cards in my bird's and ma's names and now im credit worthy again and much more sensible these days.

I did one of these also, got nearly £15k of debt id accrued travelling the world in my early 20s written off for the cost of the £90 application fee, could'nt get any credit for 6 years but got around that by getting cards in my bird's and ma's names and now im credit worthy again and much more sensible these days.
Same here mate much more sensible now, only 5 months left now anyroad

Hi mate,

You say that you weren't sure whether you communicated your feelings well, but I'd say the opposite.

You've described txt book depression - the periods of feeling ok and the periods of crippling lows.

The reason Doctor asked those question, is that she's trying to get a "handle " on where you are on the scale of despression.

( there's a medical term for it, but can't remember what it is )

She's obviously on the ball, as a lot of Doctors seem to ignore the anxiety that can come with depression, which in itself can be as bad and sometimes worse.

Did she talk about or offer antidepressants, as that's normally the starting point in treatment ?.

Her advice about your University support services is spot on too, as they will be able to help you re counselling much much quicker than the NHS.

One of the hardest things with depression / anxiety is understanding and admitting you have it.

It took me years getting to grips with it and intially I felt the same as you mate, like I was drifting.

Counselling was the key for me mate, as it helped me understand what depression / anxiety is and how to manage it.

You're meeting with the Doctor was very positive mate and my advice to you, would be to access the Uni support services as quickly as you can.

There will be many many students using this facility for a variety of reasons, so you've got nothing to fear from them mate.

Keep up posted x

No medication yet. She said she gets some people who come in and ask for it when they're having a hard time when there's very little the medicine can do to help. I guess that's why she wants me to do this self-assessment form and return it in a few weeks.

No medication yet. She said she gets some people who come in and ask for it when they're having a hard time when there's very little the medicine can do to help. I guess that's why she wants me to do this self-assessment form and return it in a few weeks.

She sounds like a good GP mate, as some hand them out like sweets.

Stick with it and make sure you hook up with the right people at Uni.

As she said, things wil happen quicker with them.

Two more cigarette burns on my arm. Thanks, Everton.

I'm beginning to wonder if football really is for me. I take losses so badly and it wasn't helped by the fact that last night I had flashbacks to my rape when I was 18.

Two more cigarette burns on my arm. Thanks, Everton.

I'm beginning to wonder if football really is for me. I take losses so badly and it wasn't helped by the fact that last night I had flashbacks to my rape when I was 18.

F'in hell mate.

Is there no one there with you ?.

If not get some one round or go to a mates / family.

It's only a game of footy mate, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back