2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands now gives potential signings a tour of the City and if they don't like it then it's going to be a no from now on just incase Everton fans moan about a player not liking or living in the City

Brands now gives potential signings a tour of the City and if they don't like it then it's going to be a no from now on just incase Everton fans moan about a player not liking or living in the City

....players are in a different financial universe these days, so it’s highly unlikely they’ll live in any city centre. Regardless, for him to say Liverpool is a ‘sad Town’ is not only incorrect, it’s a slight on those who live there, many of who support the club.

....players are in a different financial universe these days, so it’s highly unlikely they’ll live in any city centre. Regardless, for him to say Liverpool is a ‘sad Town’ is not only incorrect, it’s a slight on those who live there, many of who support the club.

Doesn't bother me to be honest

My son was at University in Manchester and lived in some depressing and crime-riddled areas with bars on the windows because students are fair game. He was also mugged at knifepoint. I hated visiting some of the places he lived in.

I am sure it is the same in all major university cities, but there are also wonderful parts of Manchester and Liverpool. Sidibe's comments are ill-informed and prejudicial in this respect.

They're not, they just reflect his experience of the city. It would be I'll informed and prejudicial if he'd never been there.

F0DE1762-051C-4964-9345-DB032A301F0C.webp

I’ve struggled with my conscience for years questioning how I can continue to support a game that pays players wages that would fund 100 nurses.
Wages that have increased exponentially, whilst the rest of society suffered austerity.
In fact, the only thing that kept pace with players wages/agents fees were cuts to social care, closures of psychiatric hospitals & the number of homeless on our streets.

So Sidibe has pointed out that Liverpool is a deprived area. Hard to argue with that. I’ll save my outrage for the above.

It's only a slight if you want it to be one.

Does make me laugh how people get all offended by it yet are happy to have a pop at Manchester in comparison.

They're not, they just reflect his experience of the city. It would be I'll informed and prejudicial if he'd never been there.
They are, I grew up in Liverpool for many years before discovering some of its more attractive areas. He has only been here for a short time and is unlikely to have seen much beyond his routes to work, which are not truly representative of the whole city. Even if he was only talking about the city centre there is a lot to admire about Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back