Do Everton need a CB

• Yes - Jagielka/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz aren't good enough

Votes: 296 82.2%
  • No - Knee jerk reaction.

Votes: 64 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
as soon as we sold duffy we needed to buy another one. i'm now starting to think we may need to buy an actual starter rather than a backup.

but stones with distin for WBA and give jags some rest and then re-assess is what i'd go with regarding starting CB's.

and stones and distin for both derby games, both united games, both city games and the returning games of chelsea and arsenal and both spurs games.

jagielka just never plays well against the better strikers in the league.

Got to plan for the future. Distin and Jags were always going to decline. It's happening now. Be pro-active and go and get someone. 23-25 year old who will partner stones for the future. Distin is coming to the end of his career and needs to be a cameo player.

If you're going to play possession and technical football you need one cb that will be good on the ball.

JS20590494.jpg

Lol

I don't know if we "need" to, but we can't afford to risk not bringing one in. Alcaraz has proven to be poor when he's appeared, and whilst Jags/Distin may be just having a blip, it's not a blip we can afford to gamble on from now until January.

Forget all of this "Not a Martinez CB" lets get a 6 foot 6 monster who smashes strikers and doesn't take any prisoners,and who can actually header a ball. Even when he was good Jags came across as abit poncey.

take our eyes off welbeck and cleverley and look at centre back. i'm fairly sure martinez would have been looking to add one if he was happy to let duffy go tbh, especially we browning seamingly on his way out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back