Do Everton need a CB

• Yes - Jagielka/Distin/Stones/Alcaraz aren't good enough

Votes: 296 82.2%
  • No - Knee jerk reaction.

Votes: 64 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
barry as part of a back 5 was going through my head during that game as a "could it be possible thought" but i don't see how mirallas fits into a system with 5 at the back
We dont need to do that. I think Barry would settle Distin down...he's affected by Jagielka's craziness.

We need to buy in of course, but Barry can show he can steady the ship.

besic fills his space in CM.

I think they can get out this slump, but we need to plan for the future or our season could be over before they find form

Need to buy Nastatic and go with Stones partnering distin, sorry to say as he's been a rock for years now, but jaglieka has always been a confidence player who makes up for his lack of pace and height by being sure and full blooded and decisive, all three of which have dissapeared from his game - in fact he's been the polar opposite of this. which leaves a unsure cb lacking pace and height.

Biggest challenge Martinez has faced deciding if it's a temporary slump that he can fix or if it's a genuine decline that is irreversible. Made harder by Moyes appointing him club captain shortly before he left.

All the talk about pushing for top 4, winning a trophy etc can only be achieved if no one in the team is untouchable from being dropped if they go to absolute turd, had too much of that under Moyes with heitenga, Neville, Osman being repeatably selected when letting the side down, something atm Jags is doing through his poor play

Honestly a sad post to have to make and not something i expected doing this early this season...

I would only spend money on a centre half provided he is a player who will come in and be a regular fixture in the first XI.

I just don't see Roberto being so ruthless and axe either of them this early into the season, and I don't want us spending decent fees for a bit part centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back