Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that's really been bugging me for a while now...
Regardless if the manager or personnel...

We constantly seem to be the worst team I've seen at keeping the ball,
We're so slow at countering ...
Everything just seems slower
This and throw injuries into it. There is just something inherently wrong at the club.

You can't do this until Patterson comes back and even then I'm not sure you're getting enough width from the fullbacks to pull it off.

Also don't think Garner is a #10 at all.
He can play there and did so for Forest for a period last season but I agree it's not his best position, he is better a bit further back with more of the pitch in front of him.

Championship Attack Force at best.
Gray frustrates me constantly, running into defenders...also totally clearing the box with too many crosses, time after time wasting the final ball. Spends a lot of his time apologising to him team-mates!!!
Our £60m man doesn't seem to be getting past too may defenders this year. We relied on him so much last year that it seems unfair of me to expect him to hit the highs every game.......but he must improve quickly. On current form his value will drop game after game.
MAUPAY......I know that he was a panic buy and certainly not Franks first choice but he seems to lack the basic skills...like controlling the ball!!! Don't expect any more than 4 or 5 goals from this Lad. I expected an upgrade from Rondon but swapping a 33yo clapped out banger for a 26yo rusty Renault is hardly going to get the neighbours envious.
We now enter a string of games where points would appear to be achievable in all...........alas I fear that my viewing position from behind the couch may become a permanent feature for match days.

gray and Gordon can’t start together. Too similar and first thought is always to dribble and try to take someone on. I’d put garner in and push iwobi out wide (which is hard because iwobi has been our best player). But it’s not working. We need more threat from other areas, which we had with Patterson, myko and Coleman don’t offer anything going forward.

Yeah Leicester bottom have Vardy Daka Iheanacho, forest have Awoniyi Johnson Dennis,Wolves have Costa Traore Guedes Podence. We have next to nothing

Not gonna lie they don’t look any better than ours when you write it down. That Awoniyi is the worst player I’ve ever seen. I feel a bit better seeing our rivals’ options there tbh.

Im all for giving youth opportunities at lesser clubs to blood them but let three strikers go and have nobody so spunk £15 mill on Maupay beggars belief.

I was always a couple of young ones on the bench to have a run out if leading but I suppose Frank pre emptied the fact we are shoite and that he doesn’t like subs anyway that they are needed.

And it saves on the laundry bill.

I don't think you can separate facets of a team if the rest were of a better standard the number of chances would increase and likely the goals would come. The first choice back 4 seem more effective than previous incarnations but not top drawer so Frank seems to have addressed the issue by bolstering the midfield with non-creative players in Gana and Onana.

So the burden falls on 4 players to both create and score which is radically unbalanced compared to decent teams who attack and defend as a unit.

What is the answer?

Better players I'm afraid, midfielders who can create as well as destroy and a solid, quick defence capable of supporting attacking movement. But the issue is money - we don't have it.

We've only had one coach who threw caution to the wind and went for it from back to front and it was brilliant for a year but loans like Rom and hidden gems like Stones and Barkley happen once in a lifetime. The preferred mode for coaches is defence and Frank is simply following this well-trodden path. It's a bitter pill but we could have peak Drogba up front but in isolation I doubt it would make much difference.

Even a poor attack can score goals if they’re getting good service. We aren’t creating enough chances. It’s like Jelavic, give him tap ins in the area like we did for 6 months and he looked the business. Then Moyes started making him run out wide so Fellaini could score headers and he completely dried up.

DCL has shown he scores when he gets service. At the moment though the service from the midfield, wingers and fullbacks is terrible

Something that's really been bugging me for a while now...
Regardless if the manager or personnel...

We constantly seem to be the worst team I've seen at keeping the ball,
We're so slow at countering ...
Everything just seems slower

We are awful on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.