Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand this summer's activity. We have finished 11th the last two years. We got richer but not oil-sheikh or russian mafia rich. Job one was stabilizing the club and putting us on track to finish comfortably top half and as high as we can get this season - checked that box with Koeman, who then brought in Williams, Gueye, and Bolasie to help ensure that. Job two was getting in a DOF that can help us pick the right players in the future - which is useful whether you're on a budget or whether you have 100 million pounds to blow through. Job three is getting the new stadium done, which Moshiri is working on.

It's truly preposterous Evertonia thought we could splash all this silly money on whoever we wanted during the summer - that was never realistic. We want to build this thing the right way, and we are well on our way. We will finish no worse than 7th this season with Koeman at the helm. West Ham is already in a shambles, Stoke and Southhamption are a mess - right there are three clubs who finished above us last year.

Spot on, although your claim of no less than 7th could be a bit optimistic 3 games in... there is a long way to go yet!

I saw on a different forum where someone made the point about the aim being to return "back to where we were under Moyes" and how that was a disappointing thought. But people need to be realistic and accept the situation Martinez has put us in. It's hard to take, but in the past 2 seasons we have become a mid table side and are no longer the consistent top 7 side that Moyes made us.

Things change quickly in football and no team is in a position to become complacent and just expect success. Look at Chelsea. Despite their millions they came 6th in 2012 after finishing 1st and 2nd the two seasons before and after winning the league in 2015 they then slipped to 10th. Chelsea have the 2nd richest owner in the league so have a lot better chance of returning to the top quicker than us, and whether we like it or not, they have won everything there is to win in the game since Abramovic turned up whilst our best finish in the PL era was 4th and we've never played a single season in the modern Champions League in that time either.

Probably a tweet from Mosh saying.........
" What a total fanny I've been. BK will soon be shifted out to graze and Elstone will be booted out the door. The waterfront stadium is getting the green light. Mosh"

What we have to realise is, that as Fans, even back in the 'Good old days' - whenever that was. (lets call it pre -sky for the sake of argument) we were the ultimate mushrooms. We got what the Club told the papers and that was it.

It's been a long, long time since we were the main source of income and the crowd mattered to the Club and more importantly to the players. There was a thing back in the day call 'Crowd Bonus' the better the players played, in theory led to the crowds doing up, the more the players got paid pro rata.

The minimum we should expect is when you 'sign up emotionally' as a Fan, you don't get 'Billy's Shilling'. The bare minimum they give you is -

Stick:1; shirty end for the use of.

p.s. For all we know all the tweets are fake...(in fact this should be our default approach - It's all lies until proven otherwise) and Moshiri/The Club is deigning not to comment, thus depriving the whole thing of oxygen.

It's us that are giving this mouth to mouth.

It makes me laugh when I read statements on here from people who think that because EFC are privately owned they do not have to engage with the fans on the future of our football club.
Everton and any other football club for that matter would do well to remember that without the fans they are absolutely nothing, couldn't see any business in the world surviving without customers (term frequently used on here)

We have a rich history and deserve to be told exactly what the future plans are, for our club by Moshiri

'You seldom get what you deserve, but you usually deserve what you get.'

No we don't, the regime can say 'watch this space' as much as they like but i want to see actions, not words.

Tired of big words after 3 years of reading Roberto's bluff every week.

As long as we quietly go on about our business i'm okay with Moshiri.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?

In view of the latest Echo piece where, if I have the gist of it, Moshiri more or less coughs to all the tweets and stuff. you were quite within your rights to demand some sort of clarification, so it would seem I owe you an apology for having a some what undeserved dig at you calls for 'explanations'

So where does it leave 'Us' the whole 'Us'; Moshiri, The Club, everything. Should he make a statement his best statement would be to buy a few more shares and biff out BK and Elstone Then hire a proper negotiator.

In view of the latest Echo piece where, if I have the gist of it, Moshiri more or less coughs to all the tweets and stuff. you were quite within your rights to demand some sort of clarification, so it would seem I owe you an apology for having a some what undeserved dig at you calls for 'explanations'

So where does it leave 'Us' the whole 'Us'; Moshiri, The Club, everything. Should he make a statement his best statement would be to buy a few more shares and biff out BK and Elstone Then hire a proper negotiator.
I'm not sure if the purchase of more shares would alter things. He had effective control and was calling the shots on appointments already: he retained BK, he promoted Elstone and Baxendale, he shoe-horned his man Ryazantsev, he recruited Walsh.

Instead of squirming about in obvious discomfort about how utterly out of his depth he's been this summer as the man in control of a club as opposed to his erstwhile role as a shareholder with zero responsibility at Arsenal, he should be front and centre with (minimum) a mea culpa in this fiasco. Then after that he can tell us how it's never going to happen again. And while he's about it he can give us all some appreciation of what he's trying to do overall and how long approximately he envisages it taking..

He probably won't though. He'll just continue throwing the hired help under the wheels of the bus and carry on as before, disregarding the fact that his reputation is gradually going down the toilet.

I'm not sure if the purchase of more shares would alter things. He had effective control and was calling the shots on appointments already: he retained BK, he promoted Elstone and Baxendale, he shoe-horned his man Ryazantsev, he recruited Walsh.

Instead of squirming about in obvious discomfort about how utterly out of his depth he's been this summer as the man in control of a club as opposed to his erstwhile role as a shareholder with zero responsibility at Arsenal, he should be front and centre with (minimum) a mea culpa in this fiasco. Then after that he can tell us how it's never going to happen again. And while he's about it he can give us all some appreciation of what he's trying to do overall and how long approximately he envisages it taking..

He probably won't though. He'll just continue throwing the hired help under the wheels of the bus and carry on as before, disregarding the fact that his reputation is gradually going down the toilet.
Who's been thrown under a bus then

When you say morning paper's, don't you mean the adult Dandy and Beano
Well, it will be papers like the Sunday Mirror and Express that many will have their view of who or what was to blame for the fiasco window defined by so I'm not sure what the difference is.

Spot on, although your claim of no less than 7th could be a bit optimistic 3 games in... there is a long way to go yet!

I saw on a different forum where someone made the point about the aim being to return "back to where we were under Moyes" and how that was a disappointing thought. But people need to be realistic and accept the situation Martinez has put us in. It's hard to take, but in the past 2 seasons we have become a mid table side and are no longer the consistent top 7 side that Moyes made us.

Things change quickly in football and no team is in a position to become complacent and just expect success. Look at Chelsea. Despite their millions they came 6th in 2012 after finishing 1st and 2nd the two seasons before and after winning the league in 2015 they then slipped to 10th. Chelsea have the 2nd richest owner in the league so have a lot better chance of returning to the top quicker than us, and whether we like it or not, they have won everything there is to win in the game since Abramovic turned up whilst our best finish in the PL era was 4th and we've never played a single season in the modern Champions League in that time either.
Honestly I don't think we have really strengthened the squad that much and I think we will come 8th this year and the only reason not 7th is because of Leicester. Hell Moyes didn't even have City to worry about for a lot of his tenure.

I think we had two poor seasons under Martinez but I don't buy this argument he damaged the club and we first have to get to where we were. That was done the moment we fired Bobby Brown Shoes.

Realistically Rom will go next summer so it's going to be much harder the season after this one to break into the top 4. I really do think this season's summer window was a bit of a wasted opportunity but I felt the same last year and Rom didn't go in the end so you never know.

I hope the statement involves giving me a hundred thousand per annum, life long season tickets and a work permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back