Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated above we wouldn't pay the extra for Brahimi and by all accounts 'financial concerns' stopped the Carvalho deal. And if Bolasie and Gueye were at a lesser clubs so was Sissoko.

If Bolasie and Gueye had the choice of Spurs or us, both would have gone to Spurs as well. We came 11th, them 3rd so have CL footy and are based in London. No brainer for Sissoko.

He will be asset stripping I think.

Stones gone for less that asking price spent less than the money we got from him and kept the TV cash.

Meanwhile next year Lukaku will be sold I suspect for less than 75 mil.

Meanwhile tv money pocketed probably...

Can see a trend here, few phantom bids here and there won't change it.
Nevermind all that mate, tell us what you think about Alternative League tables...

I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand this summer's activity. We have finished 11th the last two years. We got richer but not oil-sheikh or russian mafia rich. Job one was stabilizing the club and putting us on track to finish comfortably top half and as high as we can get this season - checked that box with Koeman, who then brought in Williams, Gueye, and Bolasie to help ensure that. Job two was getting in a DOF that can help us pick the right players in the future - which is useful whether you're on a budget or whether you have 100 million pounds to blow through. Job three is getting the new stadium done, which Moshiri is working on.

It's truly preposterous Evertonia thought we could splash all this silly money on whoever we wanted during the summer - that was never realistic. We want to build this thing the right way, and we are well on our way. We will finish no worse than 7th this season with Koeman at the helm. West Ham is already in a shambles, Stoke and Southhamption are a mess - right there are three clubs who finished above us last year.

You have no idea how a building project of that magnitude works do you?

Yes. Thats why when the club states a new ground within 3 years I find it difficult to believe
In my opinion it could take three years just to identify a suitable site and get an initial agreement

davek, how shall I put this, don't hold your breath. That sort of thing very seldom happens...if at all.

Moshiri has been here 6months, Koeman 2. Early days to run off shrieking with your pinny over your face.

There's no shrieking or stamping of feet or ordering of planes flying banners. This is a thread to reflect on whether the communications opened up thus far by the new regime is sufficient or whether it's way short of where it needs to be. I'm saying in the light of a lame transfer window they need to open up to supporters and tell them what the plan and timeframe is.

The feelgood factor they've surfed on since arriving has evaporated, and I think I'm right to suggest (if the result of this poll so far is any indicator) the majority would like an explanation of what's just happened and the general script they are working to.

There's no shrieking or stamping of feet or ordering of planes flying banners. This is a thread to reflect on whether the communications opened up thus far by the new regime is sufficient or whether it's way short of where it needs to be. I'm saying in the light of a lame transfer window they need to open up to supporters and tell them what the plan and timeframe is.

The feelgood factor they've surfed on since arriving has evaporated, and I think I'm right to suggest (if the result of this poll so far is any indicator) the majority would like an explanation of what's just happened and the general script they are working to.
That's a bit hypocritical from you Dave, didn't you used to question the value of a Martinez out poll on the back of a defeat? Now the final day of the transfer window could be classed as a defeat and you're wading in, so like you used to say, I'll now say, back to back wins V Sunderland and Middlesbrough and this thread goes away.

That's a bit hypocritical from you Dave, didn't you used to question the value of a Martinez out poll on the back of a defeat? Now the final day of the transfer window could be classed as a defeat and you're wading in, so like you used to say, I'll now say, back to back wins V Sunderland and Middlesbrough and this thread goes away.
It's not the poll that matters it's the discussion. Forget the poll if you like. Look at the responses so far. To say people are unhappy with the type of operation being run is an understatement.

Look, if you're happy with what's gone on then this lot are working for you. Most dont see it that way. Dont muddy the waters with other issues from season's past.

It's not the poll that matters it's the discussion. Forget the poll if you like. Look at the responses so far. To say people are unhappy with the type of operation being run is an understatement.

Look, if you're happy with what's gone on then this lot are working for you. Most dont see it that way. Dont muddy the waters with other issues from season's past.
This is based on the mass hysteria of 48 hours ago.

You may very well of answered this, but roughly what sort or points would you like to be made by those in charge in any such message to the fans.

if you've answered don't need to re post I'll search for it.

This is based on the mass hysteria of 48 hours ago.

You may very well of answered this, but roughly what sort or points would you like to be made by those in charge in any such message to the fans.

if you've answered don't need to re post I'll search for it.
I've answered.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?

This is Everton mate, there's never going to be honesty to the fans, so the answer is catagorically no, would you or anyone believe a word of what they said anyway, i find it hard to imagine anyone would

It is clear to me that the stadium is Mosh's top priority and if it comes off i think we would all be happy coz that can then lead to further improvements reguarding our fortunes but that will be years away

For the time being it's gonna be bargain hunting and scrimping and saving as much as we can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back