Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's right: he wants to have his cake and eat it too it seems to me. He wants to be the silent owner not publicly involved AND wants to make the major decisions. Making major decisions has the responsibility of backing them up in public though.

I have the uneasy feeling he's a man who'll balls up matters and throw underlings under the bus.

I sense he is someone who wants to devolve. He also wants to avoid making major changes too quickly. That's fine (and actually quite a good way to manage) but what it means, is when people let you down you have to act swiftly and decisively otherwise you will be seen as weak.

I think it is far to early to form an opinion. We are winning football matches, and we kept Lukaku. The echo had him sold for most of last season
so its sour grapes really for their lazy ass journalists. If the media and club had focused on the `fight ` to keep Lukaku and ran the story daily we would see this window as a massive success.

For me the stadium is were things will become clearer. If we ass about with a pre planning assessments and 3 or 4 year planning applications
it will be very telling as I think it could be finalised and a clear date given as to the start date of the development
As a club this is what we need, an approval from the Council, funding from Moshiri. and a contractor stating a build start date say June 2017
This would be huge and attract players in the future.
Yep, the stadium is the key. Future announcements need to be decisive. No one is in the mood for another saga of talks about talks with prospective partners etc. if that happens the jigs up.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between Club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?

davek, how shall I put this, don't hold your breath. That sort of thing very seldom happens...if at all.

Moshiri has been here 6months, Koeman 2. Early days to run off shrieking with your pinny over your face.

Another 'statement of intent' from this lot? With their previous?

What's that gonna achieve? They'll do as they please, as per.

Believe nothing until it's done & dusted. And be wary even then.

Yep, the stadium is the key. Future announcements need to be decisive. No one is in the mood for another saga of talks about talks with prospective partners etc. if that happens the jigs up.

Agreed. You buy 49% of a club for 80 mil get it back in a few months from tv money, sell a player for 50 mil get another 25 in your ass pocket
it is a bit of a golden goose! Stadium is balls on the line time !

What do you want this statement of intent to be?

Stop moaning about the transfer window. We tried to buy good players, they didn't want to come/went somewhere else or the clubs tried do us over on a transfer fee.

What do you want him to say? We know he is looking at the stadium issue, we know he wants us in Europe, we know he wants to sign good players.

Give it time and stop being so impatient.

The fella has come in, sacked a useless manager, installed one of the best in the league, convinced our star striker to stay, started moving on plans for a new stadium, installed one of the best DOF. Is that not enough of a statement?

They never tell us nothing. And after that shambles of a window ( ok getting certain players in ) telling our current players that players are coming, I wanna know what moshiris plans are, why we failed on certain targets, why bill kenwright Jon woods and elstone are still in roles. Yearh I know we won't get told but these need answering to an extent.

I'am starting to think Moshiri's has come in with just possibly the stadium in mind and Kenwright will try and run the club on the back of the TV money that comes in.

The transfer window that's just passed still looked like a sell to buy operation and the optimism that was built in true Everton fashion and gone with a whimper.

I've never been one for protest but serious questions need to be answered now.

I hope you haven't nailed, but I fear you might've... but doubt that neither Moshiri or Kenwright will cough to this, nor agree to an Oprah style baring of souls to all and sundry.

The point's probably been made already (okay, I haven't read through the whole 15 pages of this thread) but we've currently got an admittedly bellendish presenter from Sky Sports News claiming to be in direct communication with Farhad Moshiri, even putting statements out on Moshiri's behalf.

The club are probably quite within their rights to ignore the whopper so have made no comment as yet to deny or confirm the authenticity of these quotes. I know numerous people have asked the club for comment but as yet have heard nothing back. It's easy for us fans to dismiss Jim White as a knob and say he's either made up the quotes or he's been had off massively by being fooled by someone claiming to be Moshiri.

In the meantime, because Moshiri has said very little to date through the official club channels, some people are going to take these clams from Jim White as genuine. As such, I think the club needs to come out and clarify one way or the other. In doing this it would probably be a good time to put some sort of statement out to update the fans and outline the vision for the future.

He will be asset stripping I think.

Stones gone for less that asking price spent less than the money we got from him and kept the TV cash.

Meanwhile next year Lukaku will be sold I suspect for less than 75 mil.

Meanwhile tv money pocketed probably...

Can see a trend here, few phantom bids here and there won't change it.

I think it is far to early to form an opinion. We are winning football matches, and we kept Lukaku. The echo had him sold for most of last season
so its sour grapes really for their lazy ass journalists. If the media and club had focused on the `fight ` to keep Lukaku and ran the story daily we would see this window as a massive success.

For me the stadium is were things will become clearer. If we ass about with a pre planning assessments and 3 or 4 year planning applications
it will be very telling as I think it could be finalised and a clear date given as to the start date of the development
As a club this is what we need, an approval from the Council, funding from Moshiri. and a contractor stating a build start date say June 2017
This would be huge and attract players in the future.
You have no idea how a building project of that magnitude works do you?

"Will provide additional funds for transfers" = they provided nothing and instead raked in £3M.

"Retain key players" = one 'key' player they wanted retained was sold to provide the summer's transfer pot.

"Stadium is mentioned" = stadium is mentioned via a photo op with Liverpool's mayor and a tweet from him - that's that 'clarified'.

...then you wonder what the point of the thread is.

Unreal.

If you're happy with what's gone on so far, great. Four out of five Evertonians on here aren't.

Whilst it's disappointing that we didn't strengthen more, particularly with a big name signing, perhaps those in charge didn't think it was worth wasting money on players that wouldn't considerably improve us given the fees involved? There were a lot of reports of various bids, but it seems that for some of the better players we weren't able to bring them in for one simple reason. We have been a lower midtable side for the past 2 seasons with no European football to offer and our reputation in English Football is not particularly high at present. Perez went to Arsenal, Witsel clearly didn't want to come and our final throw of the dice saw Sissoko understandably go to Spurs for CL football.

The "key" player mentioned also handed in a transfer request last season and has given us a £44m profit despite not actually being that great a defender at this moment in time. He has all the potential but his performances on the pitch were not reflecting it. He made numerous errors last season at the back and didn't get chosen for England either. Would the 18 year old Rooney have been left out of the England team at the time? We have replaced him with a far better defender currently in Williams.

The stadium is obviously progressing and will likely be announced at some point in the coming months.

There are some very sensitive people on these forums who have seriously lost it. Need to be kept informed day to day about what the board is doing. Some claiming that if we move to SC it will be the final straw, demanding transfers then whinging when we bring in Bolasie for a high fee. The hysteria on social media with abuse of players, the board the club too.

All because they chose not to waste their money at this moment in time. We replaced the clueless manager we had and replaced him with a big name and have now made our best start to a campaign in 10 years. And people on here are crying like we're the most hard done to fanbase in English Football.

Whilst it's disappointing that we didn't strengthen more, particularly with a big name signing, perhaps those in charge didn't think it was worth wasting money on players that wouldn't considerably improve us given the fees involved? There were a lot of reports of various bids, but it seems that for some of the better players we weren't able to bring them in for one simple reason. We have been a lower midtable side for the past 2 seasons with no European football to offer and our reputation in English Football is not particularly high at present. Perez went to Arsenal, Witsel clearly didn't want to come and our final throw of the dice saw Sissoko understandably go to Spurs for CL football.

The "key" player mentioned also handed in a transfer request last season and has given us a £44m profit despite not actually being that great a defender at this moment in time. He has all the potential but his performances on the pitch were not reflecting it. He made numerous errors last season at the back and didn't get chosen for England either. Would the 18 year old Rooney have been left out of the England team at the time? We have replaced him with a far better defender currently in Williams.

The stadium is obviously progressing and will likely be announced at some point in the coming months.

There are some very sensitive people on these forums who have seriously lost it. Need to be kept informed day to day about what the board is doing. Some claiming that if we move to SC it will be the final straw, demanding transfers then whinging when we bring in Bolasie for a high fee. The hysteria on social media with abuse of players, the board the club too.

All because they chose not to waste their money at this moment in time. We replaced the clueless manager we had and replaced him with a big name and have now made our best start to a campaign in 10 years. And people on here are crying like we're the most hard done to fanbase in English Football.
Lack of ambition in this post. If you're not marching on Goodison tomorrow early before the game with a pitch fork in hand while a plane flies over telling Moshiri to get out then you Aren't a proper fan.

All this talk of 'no one wants to come to us we aren't big enough' does not explain how we with minimum fuss were able to bring in the Wales captain who nearly led his team to the brink of Euro glory, a born and bred south Londoner with ties to Palace and London (isn't the perceived wisdom we struggle to compete with London in player attractiveness?), and were able to snap up Gueye from Villa for a reasonable fee within a week of selling Stones? Those 3 are not and were not 'unsought' after players.

The answer is clear, we were and still are in sell to buy mode.

Post those purchases we had enough money or should I say were prepared only to account for a loan deal with West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back