Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's early days.

We have made a good start to season but had a disappointing transfer window.

Let's give them some time.

I fully agree with this

Would be nice to hear something, especially about the ground, but I'm willing to be patient at the moment. The window hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some are letting on. We've kept our best player and have brought in some good players on top of that

Yes, we need a better back up striker, but for a first window it's been above average. 6/7 out of 10

I'm not especially worried at the moment, nor do I think we need the board and Moshiri to come out with something ASAP. I'd certainly like them to, of course I would, but at the moment I suggest we just get on with things and back the team. It's still very early and this is going to take time

Moshiri HAS complete control right now...has done since day one.

As far as I'm aware, he owns 49.9% of EFC with the option to increase. Assuming that is still the case it does not give him control, he would need in excess of 75% or thereabouts for control. Maybe you're confusing majority with control, or maybe you know something I don't, entirely possible.

I've been a big critic of Kenwright in the past, but he seems to be getting quite a bit of the blame for this deadline day when it was probably him who got the likes of the premiership deals over the lines this window.

I'm with @davek the blame lies with the new regime, going for top talent and failing.

The fan's won't give Moshiri the time that Bill got, he got spared by a lot for being a blue and one of us.

They will turn on him, like they did with Johnson. Plus, this day and age and the under 30's they have little patience. As for people saying its a private business they don't have to say anything is wrong. This is Everton Football club, the so called people's club. We are the lifeblood of this club, we deserve to know what the intentions of the new regime are.

I've been a big critic of Kenwright in the past, but he seems to be getting quite a bit of the blame for this deadline day when it was probably him who got the likes of the premiership deals over the lines this window.

I'm with @davek the blame lies with the new regime, going for top talent and failing.

The fan's won't give Moshiri the time that Bill got, he got spared by a lot for being a blue and one of us.

They will turn on him, like they did with Johnson. Plus, this day and age and the under 30's they have little patience. As for people saying its a private business they don't have to say anything is wrong. This is Everton Football club, the so called people's club. We are the lifeblood of this club, we deserve to know what the intentions of the new regime are.
Blaming Kenwright for this window is tilting at windmills. It's an absurd and desperate arse covering exercise by people in denial that there is a real problem developing at this club.

The Echo wilfully misses the point by a country mile. It's all about the whole tone of the regime so far. No direct communication, no clear plan, and no headway made on a stadium or squad investment beyond the old failed method of recycling incoming cash.

If that's the clubs response to their summer of failure then we won't move forward a jot and the mistrust will build. Moshiri needs to be front and centre and explaining the vision.

Unfortunately I think the Echo don't think anything has changed and at their core don't think anything ought to change. They are quite happy for it to continue as Kenwright + money as they don't see much wrong with Kenwrights regime. Most of their comments read as they would for any other window with him in charge. There is no acknowledgement that we may be trying to do better.

I can't work out Moshiri. I think he has tried to leave the structure of the club together where possible. He didn't sack Martinez straight away until his position was untenable. He has kept Unsworth in position and much of the old apparatus. That is reasonable enough but I do think the time has come to make the changes. He will never build the club he wants while Kenwright remains in position (as well as Elstone). I don't think he is capable of sitting in the background as a figurehead.

Unfortunately I think the Echo don't think anything has changed and at their core don't think anything ought to change. They are quite happy for it to continue as Kenwright + money as they don't see much wrong with Kenwrights regime. Most of their comments read as they would for any other window with him in charge. There is no acknowledgement that we may be trying to do better.

I can't work out Moshiri. I think he has tried to leave the structure of the club together where possible. He didn't sack Martinez straight away until his position was untenable. He has kept Unsworth in position and much of the old apparatus. That is reasonable enough but I do think the time has come to make the changes. He will never build the club he wants while Kenwright remains in position (as well as Elstone). I don't think he is capable of sitting in the background as a figurehead.
I think that's right: he wants to have his cake and eat it too it seems to me. He wants to be the silent owner not publicly involved AND wants to make the major decisions. Making major decisions has the responsibility of backing them up in public though.

I have the uneasy feeling he's a man who'll balls up matters and throw underlings under the bus.

I think that's right: he wants to have his cake and eat it too it seems to me. He wants to be the silent owner not publicly involved AND wants to make the major decisions. Making major decisions has the responsibility of backing them up in public though.

I have the uneasy feeling he's a man who'll balls up matters and throw underlings under the bus.

Hope he starts with Elstone

Blaming Kenwright for this window is tilting at windmills. It's an absurd and desperate arse covering exercise by people in denial that there is a real problem developing at this club.

I think it is far to early to form an opinion. We are winning football matches, and we kept Lukaku. The echo had him sold for most of last season
so its sour grapes really for their lazy ass journalists. If the media and club had focused on the `fight ` to keep Lukaku and ran the story daily we would see this window as a massive success.

For me the stadium is were things will become clearer. If we ass about with a pre planning assessments and 3 or 4 year planning applications
it will be very telling as I think it could be finalised and a clear date given as to the start date of the development
As a club this is what we need, an approval from the Council, funding from Moshiri. and a contractor stating a build start date say June 2017
This would be huge and attract players in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back