Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the fact that I would rather see us do a Leicester than a Chelsea (Milwall), it's totally unrealistic to expect us to compete with the wealthiest clubs, apart from the cash, they have recent history and CL football on their side. There is a reason why Liverpool were quiet, they can't attract the top talent and they can't really afford them either, we are in the same boat.

Kenwright will be gone soon and the time to judge Moshiri is when he has complete control, it's easy to wind everyone up after a disappointing transfer window and start pointing fingers, but the fact is that we are in the very early stages of our new dawn and it's far too early for pitchforks.
Moshiri HAS complete control right now...has done since day one.

Lovely another thread and by the prodigal son of GOT demanding answers. Would have been better off demanding answers in the last regime which you fully backed and we might have been in a better position to actually attract players this window

Not sure how I can take you seriously after you were ran outa here last time. I respect people have their opinions but respect people more when they are not blind enough to realize maybe Im wrong about things

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?
Lovely another thread and by the prodigal son of GOT demanding answers. Would have been better off demanding answers in the last regime which you fully backed and we might have been in a better position to actually attract players this window

Not sure how I can take you seriously after you were ran outa here last time. I respect people have their opinions but respect people more when they are not blind enough to realize maybe Im wrong about things

*shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back