Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the point has been made previously, but until Moshiri gains complete control I would not expect to see too much change. The acid test will be the stadium, in the meantime I'm ok with developments on the field, the market was/is massively inflated and there's no point in blowing the bank on mediocrity.

I think some good intent and intelligent planning was demonstrated in the cost and determination to bring in Koeman and Walsh, it's early days and anyone looking to undermine our position before we've got started is deluded.

That why we bought walsh in so we don't pay for over price players. It's was to early for Koeman and walsh to work out exactly what they need and find the solution. I would judge these two in the transfer market after the next summer, not in Jan as no one sells their best players then.

You have to remember when things are not going well for the club Kenwright goes into hiding. We'll have to wait until we win our next 3 matches to hear from him again.

This isn't a meltdown thread. It's pretty conservative in tone and what's being demanded. It's simply this: tell us where we're going and tell us how you see us getting there.

It's something that at any major club in this league would have been issuing to its fans when there was a takeover of this magnitude. But instead we have nada, zip, nowt, nothing...and if that's not good enough for other top clubs it's not good enough for us neither.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/03/11/message-from-farhad-moshiri

Will provide additional funds for transfers
Retain key players
Stadium is mentioned

What world do some people live in on here? Expecting them to give a detailed timeline of what they intend to do to keep a load of knee jerking unstable fans on the message boards content lol. Do you want a day by day review of what the board has done and what their plans are for the coming week as well?

The most worrying thing for me at the moment is the Jim White/Moshiri stuff. Especially the James McCarthy "statement". No idea why the club sanctioned that if it's true or why they haven't denied it given the hysterical fanbase we seem to have.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?
He doesn't need to answer to anyone.

His actions will speak loudly soon enough..

Watch this space.

Apart from the fact that I would rather see us do a Leicester than a Chelsea (Milwall), it's totally unrealistic to expect us to compete with the wealthiest clubs, apart from the cash, they have recent history and CL football on their side. There is a reason why Liverpool were quiet, they can't attract the top talent and they can't really afford them either, we are in the same boat.

Kenwright will be gone soon and the time to judge Moshiri is when he has complete control, it's easy to wind everyone up after a disappointing transfer window and start pointing fingers, but the fact is that we are in the very early stages of our new dawn and it's far too early for pitchforks.

And what to you expect them to say? 'We're downsizing the club in the desire to become the best local club in the North West Counties League'. No. It'll be the usual statement of every new board that comes into a football club that they want to bring the glory days back to X and that European football is on the agenda. It's trite garbage that just serves to give fans wet dreams and sooner or later is used to beat a board to death with.

Also, your statements are so full of entitlement that it's simply mind blowing. You're using the Royal 'we' to describe how the club should get your willy hard by releasing a statement about how great we're going to be. It's clearly an utter whinge about how the transfer window didn't pan out how you wanted because we don't have a team off FIFA. Journalists are 'patsys' because their heads are rolling on the floor because they dare to look at things objectively and have a different opinion to the one in Champions League back to back winners addled brain.

Truthfully, if you can't see what work is obviously being done in the background then you may be a bit dense. We've brought in an Academy Director who seems to talk a good game, we've brought in a new sporting director who will undoubtedly take time to implement his own systems so that all of our scouts are singing off the same hymn sheet. It's the ground work to a better club.

If you to be honest and admit this thread was a desperate cry for attention it's alright man.
Jesus wept.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/03/11/message-from-farhad-moshiri

Will provide additional funds for transfers
Retain key players
Stadium is mentioned

What world do some people live in on here? Expecting them to give a detailed timeline of what they intend to do to keep a load of knee jerking unstable fans on the message boards content lol. Do you want a day by day review of what the board has done and what their plans are for the coming week as well?

The most worrying thing for me at the moment is the Jim White/Moshiri stuff. Especially the James McCarthy "statement". No idea why the club sanctioned that if it's true or why they haven't denied it given the hysterical fanbase we seem to have.

"Will provide additional funds for transfers" = they provided nothing and instead raked in £3M.

"Retain key players" = one 'key' player they wanted retained was sold to provide the summer's transfer pot.

"Stadium is mentioned" = stadium is mentioned via a photo op with Liverpool's mayor and a tweet from him - that's that 'clarified'.

...then you wonder what the point of the thread is.

Unreal.

If you're happy with what's gone on so far, great. Four out of five Evertonians on here aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back