Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp
I partly agree with this. On one hand, I think much of the time he SHOULD be silent on things. Most fans can pretend they want the truth, but cant handle the actual reality of being updated on the ongoings of the club. Heads would be falling off left and right. .

Its easy to start all this witch hunt on a fan forum like this about whats happened or should have happened in this transfer window ! Unfortunately, despite a good majority of fans who like still want and will defend Kenwright and all his cronies who were untouchable during his so called reign in charge and until Moshiri takes total control and kicks him off of anything to do with club except the " president for life" where he turns up and smiles at camera and has nothing to do with the running or on goings of club and fans smile at him and get autograph as his "one of us" ,the club will always be deemed as a nobody in modern football terms :-( the transfer window has'nt been what everyone wanted as just because we've someone onboard who's apparently minted and fans thought mata, messi and a few world class players could easily be signed did'nt happen :-( but we got a few good safe signings who were better than what we got in :-) alright not spectacular but upgrades on what we had :-) Williams is better currently than Stones and brings leadership and orders others, Gueye has settled well and does what his paid to do and for just over 7 million is a bargain, Bolasie is quick, unpredictable and has'nt done too much wrong despite all the moaning about him as his not a true blue like the muppet Osman who would have been here if Martyinez or moyes were still in charge :-(

The reality is Everton are and are deemed a mdtable uncool media team in media :-( Martinez ( who davek loved and defended ) destroyed the team and thus the fanbase over the last 2 seasons :-( we've a few good players despite media and fans perception of the apparent greatest team we've had in over 20 years :-( we players who blow hot and cold, no true leaders until williams was signed and Koeman who came in and has started to bully and order players to preform or he'll book them out of squad :-)

We're on a 3 or 4 year build here and anyone who thought we'd be all good within 1 year has been sniffing something :-( Hopefully in next few weeks we'll get answers about the stadium :-) the teams doing well if not spectacular and at this stage we need points not snazzy flash football! old school 1 nil boring wins will do and from January or next summer if we're finishing in top 6 or above the "cool" players the fans were calling for might happen :-)

The dreams of a team of Evertonians like Hibbert and Osman cost us the FA Cup v Chelsea and then they bad mouthed us after we released them last season :-(

Ok we sold Stones and purchases seems to have been covered by this and we've no idea what the cost of Koeman, Walsh and getting rid of martinez has costed but its better to risk playing a young player like davis than paying over the odds for a scum mentality player like Sissoko and now its down to Gibson, Mc Carthy, Cleverley to prove their worth their salary to play for Everton :-)

Things are slowly happening at the club and people need to give it time and patience before going all rawk or kardashian on Moshiri thinking they deserve today whats going to take a couple of years to restucture and organise to make us a viable business as thats what every football club is now :-(

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?
What happened that was out of the ordinary? Ateam in the champions league (and in London) gazumps a team not in the champions league and not in London. Its happened to Liverpool on many occaisions. Stop panicking its a project and was never going to happen overnight.

I suspect this is a joke, but you never know.

Of course they owe us something. They owe us a product worth paying for. And in the case of a professional sports team, part of that product is hope that things will get better. This window put a huge damper on that hope. It behooves the ownership to not let that hope fade and, with its loss, to not let people stop paying attention.

Martinez most likely wasn't going to relegate us this year. But sacking him, paying compensation, and pulling in Koeman was an exercise in showing that mediocrity was no longer acceptable. This window swings it back the other way.

To say that the paying customers and the fanbase, which is part of your marketing arm, are owed nothing is simply a poor business model, and one that I would be shocked and horrified if Moshiri were to adopt. It would basically signal that the man is in it for the short term profits since he is paying no mind to re-seeding the fields.

No its not a joke its a self entitlement that is synonymous with modern football.

Nobody forces people to go the match, its a personal choice.

We have broke our transfer record this summer, tried to break it again last night, kept one of our top players and offered a new deal, brought in 6 new players (including the loan) all of which will be picking up wages, brought in a new manager, new coaching staff, new transfer mogul, paid off the existing staff and were seemingly happy to buy more players but none of the ones we wanted were either available, willing to come to us at this time or preferred to go somewhere else.

We signed four first team players during the window,not bit part players but first teamers, all of which in my opinion strengthen the team.

Oh and we have yet to lose a game this season so far. Sitting in 4th place.

What more do people want? A ridiculous signing that wouldnt fit into our team because he was a glamorous panic buy?

The massive spending didnt quite happen according to plan, but so what? We are in a much stronger position then we were at the end of last season.

So again, they owe us nothing. And judging by the levels of fuming when it came to signing Gueye and Valencia (we should get Bony instead! Even if he doesnt fit into our style of play and our manager doesnt rate him!) it would just get thrown back in their faces anyway because modern football fans are weird.

Kirkbride was at it earlier too. Making out that yesterday couldn't be used to "distract from an otherwise successful window".

There will be more of this. Conceding deadline day was a disaster but only doing so by stating the rest of the window was positive as if it were a statement go fact. Then having established the dubious fact attempting to undermine those criticising deadline day as those trying to damage the club and this silence them.
The Echo wilfully misses the point by a country mile. It's all about the whole tone of the regime so far. No direct communication, no clear plan, and no headway made on a stadium or squad investment beyond the old failed method of recycling incoming cash.

If that's the clubs response to their summer of failure then we won't move forward a jot and the mistrust will build. Moshiri needs to be front and centre and explaining the vision.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?

Would you believe a word of the statement after that from White?

What a load of self-important twaddle.

He doesn't have to do anything. It's his toy.

I think you read and believe all this bloggers crap yourself.

I assume you used to curl up on your couch and smile and feel all warm inside when Kenwright used to have his sickly sweet one to ones with the media? Well I for one hope to god that circus doesn't start with Moshiri.

Have you been to the ground this season? The place is buzzing. There is hope and anticipation. It hasn't been like that for years.

Let the man play with his toys for a season and you play with yours. He has been here five minutes and from where I'm standing things have got better and things feel better. Just because it isn't happening at a million miles an hour doesn't mean it's not happening.

I think he should get in the Street End leading a chorus of 'were gonna win the league.'
We have just improved the team over summer, new manager as good as you could hope for and new premises on the way. Until we have rebuilt the profile we are not going to be preferred by players to more glam locations and teams. It needs time.
Three games in and we know the team is improved and we have a manager as good as we can expect? Let's give it a season.

What happened that was out of the ordinary? Ateam in the champions league (and in London) gazumps a team not in the champions league and not in London. Its happened to Liverpool on many occaisions. Stop panicking its a project and was never going to happen overnight.
That's just it, we don't know what the project even is. We don't know what timeframe they have in mind for anything. We don't have any point of location to set our bearings with.

What a load of self-important twaddle.

He doesn't have to do anything. It's his toy.

I think you read and believe all this bloggers crap yourself.

I assume you used to curl up on your couch and smile and feel all warm inside when Kenwright used to have his sickly sweet one to ones with the media? Well I for one hope to god that circus doesn't start with Moshiri.

Have you been to the ground this season? The place is buzzing. There is hope and anticipation. It hasn't been like that for years.

Let the man play with his toys for a season and you play with yours. He has been here five minutes and from where I'm standing things have got better and things feel better. Just because it isn't happening at a million miles an hour doesn't mean it's not happening.
Just let it all go uncommented upon because the rich feller must know what he's doing?

Yeah, it looks like it doesn't it?

Three games in and we know the team is improved and we have a manager as good as we can expect? Let's give it a season.
The fact we can defend better is enough for me as an improvement. Could Everton have attracted a higher profile proven manager? I doubt it.

Dave,
Agree with all you say.
This is not about us demanding to know what is said at board meetings, nor do we care what is written in private contracts and agreements.This is a private company, and so of course, we have no right of passage through any of its private internal workings. We are, however, the club's/company's most valued customers (yes, you could argue TV networks would be considered more important to them than we are - but then, who are the network subscribers?). So, as a valuable part of this whole process, we should expect some respect from the club/LLC we support. Respect means, we are acknowledged, we exist, we are a part of the whole, and therefore we have at least earned the right to some kind of reassurances and statements of intent from the owner. No BS, no default replies, no lying. Just the facts. They could answer simple questions like: Did the transfer window go as they had planned, or were they as deeply disappointed as the fan base? Did they actually go for the rumoured targets? What realistic goals do they have for this season? Are we still on course for a stadium? What is the time frame for the stadium? Who is calling the shots? etc...

Without such dialogue from the club, we are left with a barrage of speculation that, in this fast moving world of social media, can end up hurting the very club that we love.
Spot on mate. And that word "respect" is at the heart of everything.

Don't surf the tide of adulation for 6 months and then walk off in silence when reality bites that it isn't as easy as they thought. Don't allow washed up local politicians to be there patsy in the press to deliver cryptic comments on a new stadium. Don't use friendly hacks in the local and national press to cry a river for them about failed last minute bids in a summer window with 94 days in it.

In short: don't take the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back