Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They owe us nothing.
I suspect this is a joke, but you never know.

Of course they owe us something. They owe us a product worth paying for. And in the case of a professional sports team, part of that product is hope that things will get better. This window put a huge damper on that hope. It behooves the ownership to not let that hope fade and, with its loss, to not let people stop paying attention.

Martinez most likely wasn't going to relegate us this year. But sacking him, paying compensation, and pulling in Koeman was an exercise in showing that mediocrity was no longer acceptable. This window swings it back the other way.

To say that the paying customers and the fanbase, which is part of your marketing arm, are owed nothing is simply a poor business model, and one that I would be shocked and horrified if Moshiri were to adopt. It would basically signal that the man is in it for the short term profits since he is paying no mind to re-seeding the fields.

If Rom is banging in goals and doesn't get hurt we'll be fine. The defense looks sorted and we don't have a mistake prone CB partnered with a mistake prone CB (Stones-Mori) flanked by a LB/RB who are way to far upfield. Gana, Holgate and Stek all look good. We have pace to play counter against sides who will play a high line against us like Spurs and Liverpool. We have wingers who can also chip in with goals (Gerard, Kev) and wingers who can cross (Bolasie) who can also help Rom out.

For all the whinging about Kone and Valencia, I've always thought Valencia looked decent at WH and Kone has started the season pretty well. Plus Sissoko sucks and him not coming here is addition by substraction, we are better off going after a PO'ed Demeble in the spring.

Be more open. Keep us informed. If you don't you'll be reviled. Simple as that

I'd tweak that a bit as follows.

"Be more open. Keep us informed. If you don't then you can only be judged by actions verifiable in the public domain. Even if you're confident that your actions will speak louder than words, communicating with the fanbase regularly can do no harm"

I'd tweak that a bit as follows.

"Be more open. Keep us informed. If you don't then you can only be judged by actions verifiable in the public domain. Even if you're confident that your actions will speak louder than words, communicating with the fanbase regularly can do no harm"
I have wondered a bit about the idea that 'actions speak louder than words'. I mean...not really? Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's a football thing (it certainly is among some sectors of the fanbase), but it seems to me that the club should be all on a single, lockstepped message to raise brand recognition and customer satisfaction.

Currently it seems our messaging is, 'Big things will happen at some point, maybe, but you probably didn't hear it officially.' It breeds distrust and, when days go like yesterday, contempt.

I think the loss of Alan Meyers did terrible damage to EFC, the have been secretive and unapproachable since he was sacked.

I've always felt our marketing department was incredibly weak, and it certainly does not seem like Moshiri has addressed that yet. A good marketing department proactively deals with this kind of thing and can keep people happy even during troubled waters. Presently, troubled waters make the support feel like it may be a hurricane, because we have absolutely no guidance, no assurances, and no communication with the club.

The actions are louder than words approach was a shot at the moon - to work everything has to go to plan.

Yes, actually, I think it's time.

'Actions speak louder than words'. Ok, fair enough, but the actions (while totally fine) weren't exactly mindblowing. We have all this speculation, and have for months, but very little to show for it (Koeman being an exception...and Williams). Moshiri's reputation among the fanbase is probably not as steady as it was a week ago. He should make a statement outlining his intent for the club. Not necessarily promises or explanations, a simple statement comforting the fans would go far, I suspect.

Our PR/marketing does not seem to have improved even one iota since he's taken over. That worries me.
The only time our PR improved was when Alan Myers took over but that was soon shut down. Nothing is going to improve until Elstone goes and we get someone in who's adept at dealing with foreign clubs.

Be more open otherwise your family will be trolled on twitter and you will be called everything under the sun to your niece on social media

Everton fans, demanding a sense of entitlement because they want it

The only time our PR improved was when Alan Myers took over but that was soon shut down. Nothing is going to improve until Elstone goes and we get someone in who's adept at dealing with foreign clubs.
Hah!

I feel the same. Myers was brilliant, and along with a fairly good season on the pitch, made following Everton super fun that year. An absolute shame he got sacked.

Hah!

I feel the same. Myers was brilliant, and along with a fairly good season on the pitch, made following Everton super fun that year. An absolute shame he got sacked.
Yeah he was doing an excellent job and was bringing a lot of disgruntled fans back on board. Elstone is the main problem at the club and he needs to go, we need a top experienced CEO to get a grip of things.

I have wondered a bit about the idea that 'actions speak louder than words'. I mean...not really? Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe it's a football thing (it certainly is among some sectors of the fanbase), but it seems to me that the club should be all on a single, lockstepped message to raise brand recognition and customer satisfaction.

Currently it seems our messaging is, 'Big things will happen at some point, maybe, but you probably didn't hear it officially.' It breeds distrust and, when days go like yesterday, contempt.

I think the loss of Alan Meyers did terrible damage to EFC, the have been secretive and unapproachable since he was sacked.

I've always felt our marketing department was incredibly weak, and it certainly does not seem like Moshiri has addressed that yet. A good marketing department proactively deals with this kind of thing and can keep people happy even during troubled waters. Presently, troubled waters make the support feel like it may be a hurricane, because we have absolutely no guidance, no assurances, and no communication with the club.

The actions are louder than words approach was a shot at the moon - to work everything has to go to plan.

Different culture mate.

If we'd spent 40 or 50 million yesterday then no-one would bat an eyelid about the lack of communication.

If that was followed up by a brief statement on the plans for a stadium saying what's ( presumably ) already been achieved and some words on what might happen next then we'd all be happy bunnies.

I do agree with your basic point though, it's very easy to cause distrust by not communicating effectively.

Statement of intent was binning Martinez, taking Koeman and Walsh, and buying the land for the new stadium.

We did have a pretty decent window when you take the whole summer into account. Not that long ago people were saying this is the besy squad we've had since the 80s, and we've strengthened it. Maybe a bit thin on squad depth but maybe we'll pull a Leicester and be very fortunate with injuries. Knock on wood.

What's to stop them governing with credibility without our good will? Kenwright got away with it for years despite lots of us wanting rid. The club still had to get on with it despite the fan's feelings about the owner.

I find it unlikely at the moment that any PL club owner will not make a profit on the sale of their club as the revenues just keep growing for commercial and TV revenues. These deals are increasing regardless of the fan base for the most part. Kit sponsors aren't paying what they pay because we wear kits with their logo on holidays, they're spending that money because that logo is being broadcast all around the world each weekend.
No mate, the majority stuck with Kenwright and gave him a lot of credibility as an owner doing as best he could. He was local and trusted.

You just couldn't wait to start sticking the knife in could you? after all he did get rid of your hero El Fraudo - that for me was enough of a statement. we are at the moment recovering from a disastrous spell of mis - management and "glib soundbites" Leave it alone & get behind the team (as you often told fans to get behind martinez !!) laughable lad
That's not worthy of a serious response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back