Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we suffered from the dead wood being involved still, despite their past performances. Elstone in particular should be hoofed out of town.

While Moshiri is not the majority holder, to be fully responsible and dictate things truly on his own terms he needs to up his ante to 50.1%. As it stands currently, whichever 'de facto' situation it is, Kenwright is still there poking his nose in, Elstone and his inept ways still linger like a bad guff and that will take longer to get shut of if they're still around.

Too many years of bad business practice can't be cleared this quickly and it needs time, however a statement on ambition, direction and business plan wouldn't go amiss. Evettonians are a very unforgiving bunch, and while I believe Koeman wouldn't have come without assurances, within the minds of more than a few blues is the thought that Koeman has been had off and he won't last.

It is a bit like deja vu all over again.

Thanks mate.

I'm still astounded that a man has come in here to one of the most august football institutions in England (and therefore the world) and given us a couple of glib soundbites and thought that was enough.

Can you imagine any of England's other great football institutions putting up with that? Not a chance he'd have taken over at Arsenal, United, Liverpool or Spurs...clubs who I'd suggest are historically along with us the greatest institutions in English football.

He needs to step up.
It's funny you say Arsenal because this is almost exactly how Kroenke has operated since he's been there and also where Moshiri came from so he might like that model to a degree

It's obviously too late for a "statement" to make any difference whatsoever. That boat has sailed. What is needed now is an action, and due to having no window to sign playing staff to improve our position, we'll need to see the stadium on the dock signed, sealed and delivered.

Until that happens (if it ever does which, let's be blunt, doesn't exactly appear likely given how Moshiri has performed since arriving - an owner version of Niasse basically), then Moshiri is guilty of being a fraud and/or an incompetent until proven otherwise.

It's because we keep believing things will change. We forgive the lies and we hold hope on new promise.

We need to accept the fact it's all lies to keep us happy, interested and spend money as fans

Nothing will ever change until BK goes. I hope then that Moshiri can change things even though I've lost a bit of time for him of late! I worry he is just a carbon copy of BKs mindset

Dave.
I think you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Everton is privately owned , largely by Moshiri , Kenwright and Jon Woods.
There are other shareholders but the balance of power is held by this group. They decide what happens to the club and how it is run.
They do not have to sit down with anybody, unless they choose to do so.
If, you want to gain their attention then you probably need to organise a mass demonstration out side Goodison to express your displeasure. I am sure they would take not of the unhappiness of twenty or thirty thousand of their supporters gathered together.

regarding the transfer window.
The last days were a disaster, the window itself was solid. The additions of Stekelenburg, Williams, Gueye and Bolasie have strengthened the team substantially.
Strangely, I have always thought Valencia a very good player and am in no way disappointed in his signing. Sometimes it doesn't work out at a club and Koeman must see some potential to have put an option to buy clause in the deal.

I am not disappointed over the loss of Sissoko, I think we probably screwed about 10m more out of Levy for Newcastle than he wanted to play.

My biggest regret is the non signing of a creative midfielder like Brahimi.

It's obviously too late for a "statement" to make any difference whatsoever. That boat has sailed. What is needed now is an action, and due to having no window to sign playing staff to improve our position, we'll need to see the stadium on the dock signed, sealed and delivered.

Until that happens (if it ever does which, let's be blunt, doesn't exactly appear likely given how Moshiri has performed since arriving - an owner version of Niasse basically), then Moshiri is guilty of being a fraud and/or an incompetent until proven otherwise.
The way the stadium issue has gone so far doesn't leave me with much faith in an imminent solution. The photo opportunities and tweets are not the hallmark of serious players.

I think we all know that the transfer window went west on us. There's no polishing this up to try and make it shine. Whether it was explicit or implicit, we were all left with the impression from the snippets the new guard left us that this would be a momentous summer in terms of player trading. And that's where this thread comes in.

The vision of where we are being taken by these people on and off the field remains very vague. There's been no attempt to spell out what the process is here; what the preferred running order is between squad investment and getting things right in terms of a new stadium and commercial improvements generally; what are the short to medium term objectives being set?

I've argued since Moshiri's arrival that we need a lot more detail from him regarding what is to come and what approximate timetable he is working to. If this had been done previously then the shock of the late summer inactivity in the market and the loss of confidence and credibility for him that goes with it could have been avoided. I dont see any lines of communication whatsoever being built up to bridge what the club are thinking and our understanding of it. The vacuum instead is filled by a narrative built up by the msm and well meaning bloggers which are repeated and become established as fact when they really are just wild speculation. Why should we have to put up with that communications hangover from the Kenwright era?

So, do we now need a big sit down between club and fans representatives or even Moshiri with a respected reporter for an in depth interview about what he's thinking?

Given the circumstances now after the transfer window, I'm in agreement with you Dave.

I have always suspected we'd get a statement tied in with the land purchase announcement and possible details of the new stadium but the precise timing of that is difficult to judge. At the latest I had expected that to be before the publication of the Annual accounts in early December, but I'm in agreement that it has to be earlier than that.

I'd like the statement to cover on and off-field activities addressing supporters, shareholders and the wider footballing world. We have a hugely powerful message to deliver in terms of what our progression off-field will be and naturally one would hope on field also. Not only would such a statement satisfy supporters desperate for news, it would provide a framework by which to judge the club's progress and most importantly be a statement of intent to our competitors.

Clarification about that statement that has been published by the presenter of Sky Sports' Deadline Day is needed. I can only deduce that a lack of clarification means it is true, which is sickening. I can't believe we are still coming out with that [Poor language removed]. I honestly thought we had moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back