Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave.
I think you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Everton is privately owned , largely by Moshiri , Kenwright and Jon Woods.
There are other shareholders but the balance of power is held by this group. They decide what happens to the club and how it is run.
They do not have to sit down with anybody, unless they choose to do so.

If, you want to gain their attention then you probably need to organise a mass demonstration out side Goodison to express your displeasure. I am sure they would take not of the unhappiness of twenty or thirty thousand of their supporters gathered together.

regarding the transfer window.
The last days were a disaster, the window itself was solid. The additions of Stekelenburg, Williams, Gueye and Bolasie have strengthened the team substantially.
Strangely, I have always thought Valencia a very good player and am in no way disappointed in his signing. Sometimes it doesn't work out at a club and Koeman must see some potential to have put an option to buy clause in the deal.

I am not disappointed over the loss of Sissoko, I think we probably screwed about 10m more out of Levy for Newcastle than he wanted to play.

My biggest regret is the non signing of a creative midfielder like Brahimi.

It's not my interests that a statement should be given, it's in the new regime's. Privately owned or not, they reign only with the authority we give them. There's a moral economy at play with any football club and if you want to ruin your reputation it can easily be done, regardless of how much stock you own.

There's a requirement at the very least for this debacle in the transfer market to be explained. I'd go further and say they need to come up with a detailed explanation of where we are heading under Mohsiri and Ryazantsev.

Given the circumstances now after the transfer window, I'm in agreement with you Dave.

I have always suspected we'd get a statement tied in with the land purchase announcement and possible details of the new stadium but the precise timing of that is difficult to judge. At the latest I had expected that to be before the publication of the Annual accounts in early December, but I'm in agreement that it has to be earlier than that.

I'd like the statement to cover on and off-field activities addressing supporters, shareholders and the wider footballing world. We have a hugely powerful message to deliver in terms of what our progression off-field will be and naturally one would hope on field also. Not only would such a statement satisfy supporters desperate for news, it would provide a framework by which to judge the club's progress and most importantly be a statement of intent to our competitors.
*applauds*

That would be a much needed step back onside.

I dont think any fan believes we should know the club's business to the nth degree, but what's gone on here since they arrived isn't acceptable...certainly not anymore.

I believe we suffered from the dead wood being involved still, despite their past performances. Elstone in particular should be hoofed out of town.

While Moshiri is not the majority holder, to be fully responsible and dictate things truly on his own terms he needs to up his ante to 50.1%. As it stands currently, whichever 'de facto' situation it is, Kenwright is still there poking his nose in, Elstone and his inept ways still linger like a bad guff and that will take longer to get shut of if they're still around.

Too many years of bad business practice can't be cleared this quickly and it needs time, however a statement on ambition, direction and business plan wouldn't go amiss. Evettonians are a very unforgiving bunch, and while I believe Koeman wouldn't have come without assurances, within the minds of more than a few blues is the thought that Koeman has been had off and he won't last.

It is a bit like deja vu all over again.
Spot on magic.

Obviously there will be a hangover from the incompetency of the past. Maybe the benefit of the doubt might be given to the new lot in that they may be advised to treat us as before - like mushrooms.

Given the circumstances now after the transfer window, I'm in agreement with you Dave.

I have always suspected we'd get a statement tied in with the land purchase announcement and possible details of the new stadium but the precise timing of that is difficult to judge. At the latest I had expected that to be before the publication of the Annual accounts in early December, but I'm in agreement that it has to be earlier than that.

I'd like the statement to cover on and off-field activities addressing supporters, shareholders and the wider footballing world. We have a hugely powerful message to deliver in terms of what our progression off-field will be and naturally one would hope on field also. Not only would such a statement satisfy supporters desperate for news, it would provide a framework by which to judge the club's progress and most importantly be a statement of intent to our competitors.

I'm in agreement as well with @davek

Needs to be a OFFICIAL communication.

I'm looking at whats been said on SSN and frankly am livid.

Wasn't livid before. Am now.

I'am starting to think Moshiri's has come in with just possibly the stadium in mind and Kenwright will try and run the club on the back of the TV money that comes in.

The transfer window that's just passed still looked like a sell to buy operation and the optimism that was built in true Everton fashion and gone with a whimper.

I've never been one for protest but serious questions need to be answered now.

Spot on magic.

Obviously there will be a hangover from the incompetency of the past. Maybe the benefit of the doubt might be given to the new lot in that they may be advised to treat us as before - like mushrooms.

I doubt that would be repeated. I think the new bunch are serious about making money, something Kenwright couldn't achieve, he covered his debts, no more. By this I think their behaviour would be a bit more 'obvious'.

Dave.
I think you are suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Everton is privately owned , largely by Moshiri , Kenwright and Jon Woods.
There are other shareholders but the balance of power is held by this group. They decide what happens to the club and how it is run.
They do not have to sit down with anybody, unless they choose to do so.
If, you want to gain their attention then you probably need to organise a mass demonstration out side Goodison to express your displeasure. I am sure they would take not of the unhappiness of twenty or thirty thousand of their supporters gathered together.

regarding the transfer window.
The last days were a disaster, the window itself was solid. The additions of Stekelenburg, Williams, Gueye and Bolasie have strengthened the team substantially.
Strangely, I have always thought Valencia a very good player and am in no way disappointed in his signing. Sometimes it doesn't work out at a club and Koeman must see some potential to have put an option to buy clause in the deal.

I am not disappointed over the loss of Sissoko, I think we probably screwed about 10m more out of Levy for Newcastle than he wanted to play.

My biggest regret is the non signing of a creative midfielder like Brahimi.
Thanks for that, saved me from typing it, as I agree with every word, except the last sentence as I still have no clue about him.

The club don't have to do anything and nor should they, how would it go exactly? Would they act like Aston Villas new owner? Should they play down expectation?

It's utterly ridiculous to suggest that the owners are going to talk us through their game plan, their short and long term strategy.

Moshiri has been here 6 months, he's improved the squad, he's putting a new dress on the old lady, the new stadium issue is progressing and by far and away the best thing he has done is got shut of Martinez and his 'staff' and replaced them with Koeman.

That's a sign of the man and his aspirations, it was clear as day that he knew it was an issue that needed sorting and he did it, from that cringey interview post Chelsea and the look he gave Kenwright after his 'what a manager' line to the day he pulled the trigger, he then set out for his number 1 target and got him.

Did I mention we are 6 months in.

To all the pissypant bedwetters labelling the window as bad or any words on the negative side of it, because of yesterday. Give your heads a wobble.

It's been a solid window and the lack of a striker is the only real sour point.

Kenwright got 16 years, Martinez got 24 months of dross yet this guy is being questioned and having demands of transparency put upon him, inside 6 months? LOL

Get a grip.

Thanks for that, saved me from typing it, as I agree with every word, except the last sentence as I still have no clue about him.

The club don't have to do anything and nor should they, how would it go exactly? Would they act like Aston Villas new owner? Should they play down expectation?

It's utterly ridiculous to suggest that the owners are going to talk us through their game plan, their short and long term strategy.

Moshiri has been here 6 months, he's improved the squad, he's putting a new dress on the old lady, the new stadium issue is progressing and by far and away the best thing he has done is got shut of Martinez and his 'staff' and replaced them with Koeman.

That's a sign of the man and his aspirations, it was clear as day that he knew it was an issue that needed sorting and he did it, from that cringey interview post Chelsea and the look he gave Kenwright after his 'what a manager' line to the day he pulled the trigger, he then set out for his number 1 target and got him.

Did I mention we are 6 months in.

To all the pissypant bedwetters labelling the window as bad or any words on the negative side of it, because of yesterday. Give your heads a wobble.

It's been a solid window and the lack of a striker is the only real sour point.

Kenwright got 16 years, Martinez got 24 months of dross yet this guy is being questioned and having demands of transparency put upon him, inside 6 months? LOL

Get a grip.
This ^^^ is what a decade and a half of Kenwright/Dunford/Wyness/Ross/Elstone gets you. A serf mentality that accepts anything without a word of contradiction.

Don't think it is really necessary at the moment. Whatever happened over this summer that prevented us from bringing in players I genuinely believe had nothing to do with money not being available but is the fault of the staff involved of finding the talent and negotiating the deals. Things definitely seem to be moving forward with a waterfront stadium as well so I don't see any reason to criticize him at the moment.

It's not my interests that a statement should be given, it's in the new regime's. Privately owned or not, they reign only with the authority we give them. There's a moral economy at play with any football club and if you want to ruin your reputation it can easily be done, regardless of how much stock you own.

That's not true at all anymore Dave. In fact with the level of the TV deals now they could essentially still operate with an empty stadium each match all season and still not make a loss.

Our impact on the balance sheet as fans has dwindled and whatever influence we had amongst the board has dwindled with it.

You demanded a statement prior to the window, I said wait till the window ends.

Well David, you have the floor.
It's not me who should take to the floor mate, it's the club.

They have left a huge vacuum after this summer. Fill it or have someone else do it for you who will tell another and a different story about what's happening to us.

Their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back