Do we now need a clear statement of intent from the new regime?

Do we need a clear statement from the club on our future?

• Yes

Votes: 230 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly a better owner than those Yank sharks who were interested in buying us, the same yanks that people were saying "Let them buy us and then see what they have to say before criticizing them". But it's looking like Moshiri's investment strategy is going to be a lot closer to Kenwright's no investment whatsoever strategy, rather than anything approaching the investment strategy seen at leading clubs.

The simple facts are that there has yet to be any investment, and we didn't start buying until we had sold Stones. There is also absolutely zero talk about how Moshiri is going to invest, he can't even invest through equity at present as he rather conveniently doesn't have enough control of the club and he would need authorisation from other shareholders.

We are six months in and there has been no indication whatsoever about their plans or strategy for the club at all. It's time they let us know what their intentions are, rather than just allowing us all to live in could cuckoo land about non-existent £100million pound transfer war chests.

I don't follow. Not sure if it is the contradiction or the assumptions being passed on as fact.

Except the reports of us looking to put a stadium on the Bramley Moore docks like...

And the photo of him looking at a brochure of an industrial estate in Croxteth. These jarg tabloid reports are full of nonsense and simply not good enough. The club need to let us know what they are going to do, not what they are 'looking to do', and not via a Daily Mirror printing facility in Oldham.

I agree with you Dave, I'm just saying that we need to recognize that we have very little influence in the decision-making of our beloved club and it is the same everywhere as each year we contribute marginally less to the overall operating income of the club. We don't have much leverage to demand anything out of them as sad as it is.

Fans have plenty of power. The fans got Martinez the sack. The fans can hound Moshiri out of the club. Evertonians are just a timid bunch and probably won't bother and instead label any dissenter a kopite because we have some dead weird fans who seem content to stay up.

For me the last part explains the silence. Why give people a stick to beat you with if your outline plans do not come to fruition for any of a myriad reasons beyond your control
It's crazy talk isn't it. The fume has been incredible and that's based off hearsay and BSers, can you imagine if the fan base had actual plans outlined for them and then they didn't meet the targets.

Does any other club do this? Has any other club done this?

It's a very well written first question @davek! I'm not jumping on any train here, but I think some questions were asked of us yesterday and I believe that some questions need answering. I'll not join the multitude ready to condemn them though. I think mistakes were made and they'll hopefully learn. We had some bad luck after all. But that's no excuse I guess. We were told it's a new era so things should be different right now. Let's not burn anyone at the stake just yet though. (Don't mean you personally btw).

It's because it's early days and the die is not yet cast that a demand for clarity is being made. Imo, they have to nail this transfer window right now as a first step back into credit. After that they should explain more fully WTF they have in store for this club.

I kid you not, if the Kopites had endured this then this lot would be on the run by now with no way back. Obviously we;'re made out of sterner stuff...but they better not feel they can take liberties. That wouldn't be wise.

Be more open. Keep us informed. If you don't you'll be reviled. Simple as that.

No statement needed. We are better off than we were when moshiri took over and its only been a few months. Things don't just happen all of the sudden because we want them too, or because the press makes outlandish statements. Give them some time to institute their plan whatever it may be.

I agree with you Dave, I'm just saying that we need to recognize that we have very little influence in the decision-making of our beloved club and it is the same everywhere as each year we contribute marginally less to the overall operating income of the club. We don't have much leverage to demand anything out of them as sad as it is.
Financially less important; but they cant govern with credibility without our goodwill...and bear in mind that a lot of people who own PL clubs do so because their aim is to reinvent themselves as well as eventually take a club through to a profitable sale. Major stock holders dont hold all the cards.

And the photo of him looking at a brochure of an industrial estate in Croxteth. These jarg tabloid reports are full of nonsense and simply not good enough. The club need to let us know what they are going to do, not what they are 'looking to do', and not via a Daily Mirror printing facility in Oldham.

Right, but has anyone said anything about Croxteth since that photo or has all the talk been about the docks instead?

Yeah the club need to let us know what they are going to do, but don't you think it is best for them to wait for something concrete before telling us rather than risk saying we're going to do something and having it fall through on us for whatever reason?

Under-promising and over-delivering is much better than over-promising and under-delivering.

There is no contradiction. The assumption is based on their performance so far as we have nothing else to go on. There has been no investment and we have sold to buy.

Clearly better than those Yank Sharks...Looking like Moshiri’s investment strategy is going to be a lot closer to Kenwrights no investment whatsoever strategy.

Financially less important; but they cant govern with credibility without our goodwill...and bear in mind that a lot of people who own PL clubs do so because their aim is to reinvent themselves as well as eventually take a club through to a profitable sale. Major stock holders dont hold all the cards.

What's to stop them governing with credibility without our good will? Kenwright got away with it for years despite lots of us wanting rid. The club still had to get on with it despite the fan's feelings about the owner.

I find it unlikely at the moment that any PL club owner will not make a profit on the sale of their club as the revenues just keep growing for commercial and TV revenues. These deals are increasing regardless of the fan base for the most part. Kit sponsors aren't paying what they pay because we wear kits with their logo on holidays, they're spending that money because that logo is being broadcast all around the world each weekend.

Thanks mate.

I'm still astounded that a man has come in here to one of the most august football institutions in England (and therefore the world) and given us a couple of glib soundbites and thought that was enough.

Can you imagine any of England's other great football institutions putting up with that? Not a chance he'd have taken over at Arsenal, United, Liverpool or Spurs...clubs who I'd suggest are historically along with us the greatest institutions in English football.

He needs to step up.
You just couldn't wait to start sticking the knife in could you? after all he did get rid of your hero El Fraudo - that for me was enough of a statement. we are at the moment recovering from a disastrous spell of mis - management and "glib soundbites" Leave it alone & get behind the team (as you often told fans to get behind martinez !!) laughable lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back