Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more emphatic on the Peoples Forum:

Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 22.15.47.webp

That's a sensible poll result so far, only 1 in 4 persuaded that Lampard should be sacked...and I doubt it'll be that many in the end.

There's no stomach to launch another managerial search. Fans are sick of it and they want this manager to get it right. We've got to guts this out and stick with a manager for once. Lampard deserves that backing too for getting us over the line when we looked doomed.

We'll get up that table in the next few matches post world cup. I'm surprised given the lack of firepower we have we're not marooned right at the bottom of the table. Richarlison was always going to be a massive loss now that we all know for sure Calvert-Lewin is finished.

A bang average striker in January and some creativity ahead of that midfield or out wide and we'll be fine.
Easier said than done. We don't have any cash to buy anyone half decent.

I can't believe only 26% of people want Lampard out, we're absolute dire, we've conceded 7 against the worst team in the league this past week, most of that starting lineup today were players he brought in and people want to give him more time? Why? We have no pattern of play, no style and we're toothless, we're showing no progress after 10 minths. He's a nice guy granted but if we're going to sack him he needs to be sacked now, get a new manager in in order allow him time to work with the players there and plan for a the transfer window in January, which is massive. Forest are improving, they will have a mini pre-season now and I think will improve, Wolves are not as bad as their league position and are massively missing a proper striker they will improve, we need to act but I think our fans are tired of changing managers but that's not a good enough reason to leave a manager who would not get a job at any other premier league club at the helm of our club, there is no coming back for Frank, which is such a shame as he is a nice guy.
Just shows that majority rules. You are a minority.
The fact that we are fed up changing managers has a bearing on selection.

For sure.

And we are totally devoid of a goal scoring threat right now.
We have to make it a war against Wolves on Boxing Day (forget City away, that's a loss), then we have to have players who can score lined up and into this club for the second half of the season.

IMO we'll need 40 points to stay up. It's all about that...getting those next 26 points and remaining a PL team. We can do that if we all stick together and get a half decent attacker and creative player in January. The midfield has looked good on many occasions and the defense much better than last season. This is not an insurmountable problem - far from it.

Forgetting last season which I believed he could have done better..... the stats are damning.

Premier League
3 wins in 15 Premier League matches.
1 win in the last 7 Premier League Games.
Scored 11, 0.73 per game.
Conceded 17, 1.13 per game.
3 clean sheets in 15, 1 every 5 games.
In 15 League Games we have have taken 157 shots, 52 on target, including 2 games where we failed to register an attempt on target.
In 15 League Games we have had 254 shots against us with 83 of them on target.
We have taken 14 points from a possible 45.
Points per Game is 0.93 which would see us finish the season with 35 points.
All bar Crystal Palace at home the performances have been dreadful, we never look like scoring.

The players appear to have given up, none of them looked like they were fighting for Lampard against Bournemouth.
Lampard buys - Tarkowski, Coady, Onana, Gueye, Garner who I think has or will offer something but also Vinagre, Jakupovic, McNeil & Maupay which is a complete waste of money. As an owner would you trust Lampard with a big budget bringing in the likes of Maupay and McNeil for over £30m? Some U21s could have offered more than them!

I can`t see how he turns it around, I firmly believe the fans kept us last season and I remember him throwing points away and an FA Cup quarter final playing this god awful 5-2-3.... could have been safe much earlier. AND despite adding 8 of his own players we are WORSE.... WORSE than last season.

15 games in last season with Rafael (Who should have never been appointed) we were 12th with 18 points, at the same stage despite being told we are progressing we are 4 points worse off now than we were under Benitez. Again despite getting 8 of HIS players!

Yet some on here want to throw more players and money at him when what he bought is questionable. Not sure how he turns this around, from what I`ve seen we are easily THE worst team in the Premier League, just got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back