Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacking Lampard, may result in a temporary improvement in form.

Long term, it would make no difference, as the current EFC hierarchy would remain in place.

Abysmal recruitment, both in terms of managers and players would continue.

Lampard has sadly brought this current pressure on himself.

His team selection for the cup game at Bournemouth was akin to criminal negligence, and the result was a foregone conclusion.

We are a club that cannot learn from it's past errors, I am no Marxist, but old Karl had Everton sussed,

View attachment 191349

I actually don't think it would take much to improve on how things are currently going on the pitch to be honest.

In fact, I genuinely believe any other manager in the league would be getting more out of this current squad.

We don't have a top half challenging squad by any means, but we're more than good enough to not be flirting with relegation.

I voted yes, but that is more because that is inevitable between now and Jan 21st and our run of fixtures....

I reckon he needs 9 points from them 5.... Anything less than 5 and we are in the drop zone at just over halfway stage, maybe even bottom.

Dec 26th Wolves H - Minus Coady as he is on loan from Wolves
Dec 31st Man City A
Jan 1st Transfer Window opens
Jan 3rd Brighton H
Jan 14th Southampton H
Jan 21st West Ham A

As we are now and what we`ve seen for the last few games these fixtures could be Lampards last.

Never have Everton bought players ready to come in when the window opens, I dont think we will see signings until the 2nd and 3rd week so those expecting Lampard to have re-inforcements by the January games will be disappointed...

How many points do you think Lampard needs from these to stay in a job?
We need 7 points minimum from that set of fixtures

I`ve not seen anything this season that would lead me to think he can come back from Aus and turn results around, because why hasnt he done that sooner....

Tactical consistency is massive, you know Arsenal are going to play a 4-2-3-1, City will play a 4-1-4-1, Liverpool for the last 6 years has strictly been 4-3-3, Howe went in to Newcastle and gone 4-3-3 and never deviated.... All these teams are doing well consistently....

Lampard - 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1, 5-2-3, 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1. Where is the consistency? Looking at our recent past Ancelotti and Moyes had a set formation even though the tactics inside that changes. The players looked lost against Bournemouth, we played 5 at the back on Tuesday and 4 at the back on Saturday, no wonder they are confused!

These are Lampards call, nobody elses.... If these players are so bad they arent being helped by Lampards Ranieri type tinkering.
And yet we bemoaned Martinez strictly playing a 4-2-3-1. All the time, regardless of situation

I think Lampard is messing with our formations b/c he can't play his preferred 4-3-3 given the players we have. He's trying to find something that works.

Sacking Lampard, may result in a temporary improvement in form.

Long term, it would make no difference, as the current EFC hierarchy would remain in place.

Abysmal recruitment, both in terms of managers and players would continue.

Lampard has sadly brought this current pressure on himself.

His team selection for the cup game at Bournemouth was akin to criminal negligence, and the result was a foregone conclusion.

We are a club that cannot learn from it's past errors, I am no Marxist, but old Karl had Everton sussed,

View attachment 191349
Using your argument no club would ever sack a manager.

I think the recruitment gas been good and even if we doges a new manager I think most of the summer's transfers would be welcomed by a bew manager.

I think we need to realise that bringing in young inexperienced managers will lead to mistakes, errors and poor results, no matter how stellar a playing career they had.

We need to consider this when appointing young managers and ally them with an older more experienced manager for an apprentice period.

I voted yes, but that is more because that is inevitable between now and Jan 21st and our run of fixtures....

I reckon he needs 9 points from them 5.... Anything less than 5 and we are in the drop zone at just over halfway stage, maybe even bottom.

Dec 26th Wolves H - Minus Coady as he is on loan from Wolves
Dec 31st Man City A
Jan 1st Transfer Window opens
Jan 3rd Brighton H
Jan 14th Southampton H
Jan 21st West Ham A

As we are now and what we`ve seen for the last few games these fixtures could be Lampards last.

Never have Everton bought players ready to come in when the window opens, I dont think we will see signings until the 2nd and 3rd week so those expecting Lampard to have re-inforcements by the January games will be disappointed...

How many points do you think Lampard needs from these to stay in a job?
We did sign Myko in December last year but yeah I agree this club is usually a shambles. Looking at it Brighton and Southampton could be the games if we don't win any he could get the tin tack. Grim

I tend to agree we might get a temporary bounce from a new manager but the biggest issue with the team is the lack of effective forwards so we would still have issues regardless of who the manager is. Getting in forwards who can make a difference is bigger to our hopes of avoiding the drop this season than who the manager is for me. The deeper issue is how mismanagement characterises the club at board level. So there's no guarantee we wouldn't be back in the same position next season since this has happened three or four times in recent years the reasons we struggle come from the top down.

Using your argument no club would ever sack a manager.

I think the recruitment gas been good and even if we doges a new manager I think most of the summer's transfers would be welcomed by a bew manager.

I think we need to realise that bringing in young inexperienced managers will lead to mistakes, errors and poor results, no matter how stellar a playing career they had.

We need to consider this when appointing young managers and ally them with an older more experienced manager for an apprentice period.
But we also struggled when we had experienced managers what we really need is a rebuild over seasons and new owners, where the manager and DOF can turn over the entire squad we have only just started that under Lampard and Thellwell. But I agree the manager in charge of that rebuild needs to have better tactics and patterns of play and to get a minimum level of results too so maybe that does require more experience right now... None of us expected more than mid-table this season it's not too much to ask to see signs of a style of play and an identity after ten months...instead, we have gone backward but I contend as well as whoever the manager is how we are run and the types of player we recruit is also a big part of this perpetual cycle of decline and struggle each season.

Problem with that (I don't disagree btw) is that a fair few of these are new players that have come into the club under his and Thelwell's watch, so why are still talking about this spineless/lazy/mercenary culture that has killed us in recent years? We got rid of a fair bit of the deadwood so just where the hell is it coming from? There can really only be one of/multiple of Pickford/Coleman/Mina/Holgate/Davies/Dom/Keane that can be behind it and how are they having so much influence over the rest of the squad?
It's hard to tell, but we've definitely seen this before. I do like Frank, and changing the manager could just see us set back to where we were 12 months ago. This bunch of players really should be able to perform better, and they can do (palace case and point). Its so frustrating to go in to a game with expectations just to watch us get rail roaded by a second string Bournemouth.

1000007166.png
1000007164.jpg
Bill - Where we're going we won't need no new stadium?

The majority of players know they can get away with poor results, we will just fire the manager. Let them have some skin in the game. Its we all stay up or we all go down. Stick with frank to avoid them getting away with it again.

And Frank is not the 'one' he's just thr current one and I'm tired of looking beyond the players

Problem with that (I don't disagree btw) is that a fair few of these are new players that have come into the club under his and Thelwell's watch, so why are still talking about this spineless/lazy/mercenary culture that has killed us in recent years? We got rid of a fair bit of the deadwood so just where the hell is it coming from? There can really only be one of/multiple of Pickford/Coleman/Mina/Holgate/Davies/Dom/Keane that can be behind it and how are they having so much influence over the rest of the squad?
Agree but it's also on Frank'a tactics and the "club culture" that says certain games aren't winnable and that going out of the cup is fine and losing most away games is acceptable. It comes from the top it's part of (along with shocking recruitment that doesn't look to buy players to fit the way we play) why regardless of players or manager we come back here.

I don't want Frank Lampard sacked at all - for many reasons. But I really don't think he could have too many complaints if he was. He knows its a results game. His are, generally, poor. So far. So, if he was sacked, I wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't be particularly disappointed. By the same token, I certainly wouldn't be on here nailing my colours to his mast and defending his right to pocket however many millions it is he earns from Everton every year. I mean, I understand the yearning for stability, but constantly losing is stability too - and it's not one I am happy to settle for.

In general, I think Frank's failing at the job. He wasn't tasked with European football. He was asked to get us to about 12th and comfortable - no relegation battle. As it is, he might yet get us 12th, but it does look like we'll have to go through another wringer to get there. I don't think that has to be the case. I think he is not getting enough out of the limited players he has. We should not be hammered twice in four days by Bournemouth in any era - and certainly not at a time when they have a caretaker manager who may not even get their job full time. So, for these reasons, his position is in some jeopardy. Tim Cahill's latest comments seem to hint as much. While he is favourite to hold on to the job for now (we are not cut adrift), the World Cup will provide Moshiri with other possibilities. If something tempts him, he could well pounce. And even if Frank makes it through to the end of December, he's got to start winning matches.

My honest opinion is that he's not up to the job. Most managers aren't. Could we do better? We very well might. But, you know, the board is the bigger issue. So a new manager is really just another shiny human shield for these charlatans.

What will happen is last min loss to wolves, 4-0 against city and then they’ll fire him. Stick your mortgage on it.

Should have been told to stay at home instead or travelling to Australia.

This is the Board that sold digne and then fired Rafael a day or so later.

Status
Not open for further replies.