Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.

The dogs get the blame, but there's a ton of other stuff going on in there about training and breeding practices.

Not gonna lie, I get very anxious if I see one running free if I'm walking my dog.

The dogs get the blame, but there's a ton of other stuff going on in there about training and breeding practices.

Not gonna lie, I get very anxious if I see one running free if I'm walking my dog.
We can't ignore that breeds have (overall) certain characteristics, and as such dog owners should be cautious. However, for me the main impact is the owner.

If the owner is a bellend, the dog will likely become a bellend. Staffies often, yet unfairly, have a bad reputation, but I've known many brilliant examples.

Our dog often plays with a Rottweiler, who is large and imposing. However, after speaking to the owner many times and being around the dog, he's brilliant.

He isn't a concern at all because the owner has brought the dog up well; yes, I'll still have a careful eye from afar, but I'm confident they'll both be fine.

XL Bullys can have characteristics as a breed that will make people wary, but mostly it's the owner. For lots of young, idiotic bucks they are a status symbol.

And, unsurprisingly, because of how they've been bred and trained (or not trained) they appear aggressive - some are even trained to fight and whatnot.

We can't ignore that breeds have (overall) certain characteristics, and as such dog owners should be cautious. However, for me the main impact is the owner.

If the owner is a bellend, the dog will likely become a bellend. Staffies often, yet unfairly, have a bad reputation, but I've known many brilliant examples.

Our dog often plays with a Rottweiler, who is large and imposing. However, after speaking to the owner many times and being around the dog, he's brilliant.

He isn't a concern at all because the owner has brought the dog up well; yes, I'll still have a careful eye from afar, but I'm confident they'll both be fine.

XL Bullys can have characteristics as a breed that will make people wary, but mostly it's the owner. For lots of young, idiotic bucks they are a status symbol.

And, unsurprisingly, because of how they've been bred and trained (or not trained) they appear aggressive - some are even trained to fight and whatnot.
Indeed. Big fan of Rotties and as you say training etc plays a big part.

As for XL bullies I've come across a couple and they've been great and my dog enjoyed a run around with them.

But with respect to both they came running headlong at us when we first met them. Owners were like "it's okay, he's friendly". Thank god they were. It's also lucky my dog isn't given to fear aggression either. That's actually when trouble starts if a dog runs over to another and the reason mine stays on a lead. He's a tit and will run over to any dog given a chance. I have no idea what a strange dog is like, be it on or off lead. They're also unpredictable creatures at times.

Indeed. Big fan of Rotties and as you say training etc plays a big part.

As for XL bullies I've come across a couple and they've been great and my dog enjoyed a run around with them.

But with respect to both they came running headlong at us when we first met them. Owners were like "it's okay, he's friendly". Thank god they were. It's also lucky my dog isn't given to fear aggression either. That's actually when trouble starts if a dog runs over to another and the reason mine stays on a lead. He's a tit and will run over to any dog given a chance. I have no idea what a strange dog is like, be it on or off lead. They're also unpredictable creatures at times.
How do you think we deal quickly and effectively with the XL Bully problem pal?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back