Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just got some bad news on our rescue dog we adopted 3 months ago. He's always been nervous and adopted my wife as his new mother but its been getting worse with puberty and he attacked me a couple of times and tried to have a go at some visitors too. Its like he just snaps for 2 minutes and then goes back to normal puppy... no warning, completely unpredictable.

Anyway, he can't stay here after jumping at me again today. Just spoken to the trainer we've been working with who reckons he'll never be able to live with people and be 100% trusted. So 2nd opinion from the vet tomorrow, but it looks like he'll have to be put down.

Even though he bit me hard 2 hours ago, ill still remember that he was asleep on my foot 1 minute before. Absolutely distraught and feel like its my fault.
Have you got any back up from the rescue?

The charity I got my dog from will work with owners on stuff like this, or, if they are too unpredictable take them back and keep them on their farm.

Tragic really, the rescues usually have some terrible trauma or the overseas ones are descended from livestock guardian breeds so are a bit suspicious of strangers / get a bit attached to one person.

Has anyone mentioned dog sitting yet?

One of our best friends (joint) have gone on holiday and left us with their spoilt cockapoo. My dog is cool, theirs is a wonk. Needy AF.
They'd better duty free me right up as a compo.
Also, picking up another dogs eggs?!?!? Made me heave.
Going away in 2 weeks, already stressed about leaving my dog behind. Friend is having him. Not a chance I’d return the favour but not telling her that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back