Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had a 'big' Rottweiler at 57kg, the biggest ones usually top out at around 60kg.

16 stone is a shade over 100kg! Are you sure there wasn't a small child inside it when it was weighed? 🤨
It was absolutely bloody huge, even for a Rotty.

I've only got the owners word for it's weight though, guess he could've been exaggerating some.

I got a dog today. A rescue dog. Well, a puppy. It was something Id thought about for a while and then this pup came along. 10 weeks old and already subjected to some hideous treatment. First, at birth, he was given the name Cupid. It got worse because the rescue centre saw fit to call him Red. Apparently, from an unconfirmed source, they wanted to call him Chico but decided it was too much.

Now he has been rescued, is starting a new life in a safe, loving environment and will from this day forward be known as Blue.

True story btw.

Attachments

• Red.webp
    Red.webp
    242.9 KB · Views: 24
I got a dog today. A rescue dog. Well, a puppy. It was something Id thought about for a while and then this pup came along. 10 weeks old and already subjected to some hideous treatment. First, at birth, he was given the name Cupid. It got worse because the rescue centre saw fit to call him Red. Apparently, from an unconfirmed source, they wanted to call him Chico but decided it was too much.

Now he has been rescued, is starting a new life in a safe, loving environment and will from this day forward be known as Blue.

True story btw.
What a little cracker.

Thanks for taking him in.

True story btw.
Scranning kids within 12 months.

True story btw.
Great stuff mate and a much better name.

AIDS just affects the gay community
COVID vaccine hysteria
The Earth is flat
Chico has horrible teeth
I'm obese
All your Hispanic fiends are landscapers
Black men are terrible fathers
White people are inherently racist
Everton FC are a small club

FUD; don't be a spreader...
I look forward to your link to a Chihuahua doing the sort of damage a pit bull can manage.

I look forward to your link to a Chihuahua doing the sort of damage a pit bull can manage.

giphy.gif

Just got some bad news on our rescue dog we adopted 3 months ago. He's always been nervous and adopted my wife as his new mother but its been getting worse with puberty and he attacked me a couple of times and tried to have a go at some visitors too. Its like he just snaps for 2 minutes and then goes back to normal puppy... no warning, completely unpredictable.

Anyway, he can't stay here after jumping at me again today. Just spoken to the trainer we've been working with who reckons he'll never be able to live with people and be 100% trusted. So 2nd opinion from the vet tomorrow, but it looks like he'll have to be put down.

Even though he bit me hard 2 hours ago, ill still remember that he was asleep on my foot 1 minute before. Absolutely distraught and feel like its my fault.

Just got some bad news on our rescue dog we adopted 3 months ago. He's always been nervous and adopted my wife as his new mother but its been getting worse with puberty and he attacked me a couple of times and tried to have a go at some visitors too. Its like he just snaps for 2 minutes and then goes back to normal puppy... no warning, completely unpredictable.

Anyway, he can't stay here after jumping at me again today. Just spoken to the trainer we've been working with who reckons he'll never be able to live with people and be 100% trusted. So 2nd opinion from the vet tomorrow, but it looks like he'll have to be put down.

Even though he bit me hard 2 hours ago, ill still remember that he was asleep on my foot 1 minute before. Absolutely distraught and feel like its my fault.
Thats a bummer , but sounds like you know the best, and only, solution is to put him down. Try not to blame yourself.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back