Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got a dog today. A rescue dog. Well, a puppy. It was something Id thought about for a while and then this pup came along. 10 weeks old and already subjected to some hideous treatment. First, at birth, he was given the name Cupid. It got worse because the rescue centre saw fit to call him Red. Apparently, from an unconfirmed source, they wanted to call him Chico but decided it was too much.

Now he has been rescued, is starting a new life in a safe, loving environment and will from this day forward be known as Blue.

True story btw.
About time I gave an update on this lad. Weigh in today, 25.5kg at 5months. Absolute gentleman of a dog, even though he's still very much a pup.

Anyway, he made his first Blue movie the other day. Behave at the back !

Hope you enjoy.

My dogs anal gland has ruptured on Sat. Thought he’s had the wildies and his back end was caked in cack, but when I cleaned him up it wasn’t poo but dried blood ☹️.
Had an open wound about 2cm long.
Seems to be healing ok but trip to the vets no doubt tomorrow.
Showed no signs of discomfort but had been licking his back paw a bit excessively for the last couple of weeks.
Feel terrible for not noticing, used to try to ‘express’ them until about 18m ago but always seems a waste of time.
Poor thing.

My dogs anal gland has ruptured on Sat. Thought he’s had the wildies and his back end was caked in cack, but when I cleaned him up it wasn’t poo but dried blood ☹️.
Had an open wound about 2cm long.
Seems to be healing ok but trip to the vets no doubt tomorrow.
Showed no signs of discomfort but had been licking his back paw a bit excessively for the last couple of weeks.
Feel terrible for not noticing, used to try to ‘express’ them until about 18m ago but always seems a waste of time.
Poor thing.

Hope he recovers soon

If I got any dog it would be a Rottweiler. Lovely lovely animals..
Hate Rotties..their dark eyes make them feel aggressive. Neighbor has two giant ones he had out, leashless, while doing yardwork....they ran towards me one day after we moved in...did the smart thing and stood my ground, didn't want to trigger their chase instinct. They just wanted a meet & greet but it's unnerving to see two of them rushing you like that when you can't make out their intent by their eyes. I don't hate them but you know what I mean. If I had been someone less comfortable around dogs, I don't know how that would've ended...I had to conquer fear in about 2 seconds.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back