Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here ya go @chicoazul, one less kid scranner wandering the earth.

Had to put Alex down yesterday, his back (which has always been bad since adopting him as a fully grown adult 7 year old 3 years ago) deteriorated badly over the past month. He'd completely lost the use of his back legs due to his discs compressing and messing with his spinal cord/nerves.
IMG-20231019-WA0006.jpg
We tried him on steroids and physio but he was showing no improvement. Caring for him was a challenge, lifting a 40kg dog (delicately) to take him out to the garden several times a day was good for my belly as I'm usually bone idle.

Sadly, the night before last he deteriorated badly and was crying non stop didn't sleep a wink, heart beating like a train and shallow breaths. Couldn't move him. Went to the vets, got basically a syringe of methadone that went under the tongue and I took him in yesterday.

Sleep well, buddy. We'll miss you.Screenshot_20231110_112823_edit_20892520942132.webp

Had to put Alex down yesterday, his back (which has always been bad since adopting him as a fully grown adult 7 year old 3 years ago) deteriorated badly over the past month. He'd completely lost the use of his back legs due to his discs compressing and messing with his spinal cord/nerves.
View attachment 234622
We tried him on steroids and physio but he was showing no improvement. Caring for him was a challenge, lifting a 40kg dog (delicately) to take him out to the garden several times a day was good for my belly as I'm usually bone idle.

Sadly, the night before last he deteriorated badly and was crying non stop didn't sleep a wink, heart beating like a train and shallow breaths. Couldn't move him. Went to the vets, got basically a syringe of methadone that went under the tongue and I took him in yesterday.

Sleep well, buddy. We'll miss you.View attachment 234627
Sorry for your loss mate.

View attachment 234622

Horrible to read but thanks for bravely sharing, condolences mate.

View attachment 234622

So sorry for your loss x

View attachment 234622

gutted for you mate, its horrid when our furballs leave us

Two dags cuddling near a fire out of picture. Ralph (William Ralph Dean), who was named by his previous owner but kept and amended by us after he ralphed in our van, and who was described by someone who met him recently as a funny looking dog, is some kind of wire haired terrier/[Poor language removed]/mix. Blue (Blue Goodison) is a boxer lab border collie mix. Both are decent dogs when not chewing up the house, digging up the yard, or jumping on guests.

7853FD21-E05F-4149-A694-19166DA84794.jpeg

Two dags cuddling near a fire out of picture. Ralph (William Ralph Dean), who was named by his previous owner but kept and amended by us after he ralphed in our van, and who was described by someone who met him recently as a funny looking dog, is some kind of wire haired terrier/[Poor language removed]/mix. Blue (Blue Goodison) is a boxer lab border collie mix. Both are decent dogs when not chewing up the house, digging up the yard, or jumping on guests.

View attachment 236655
Child scranners. Put to sleep.

View attachment 234622

I'm so sorry to hear this mate. Losing loved ones is so painful :(

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back