Dogs

Should be allowed to keep Staffies etc?

• Yes

• No

• Pedigree, chum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure I like the look of Staffies but what do I know? Apparently, Rottweilers are very intelligent but look like they could be pretty heavy types.

The wife’s Guide Dog of 9 years, she was officially retired this week (the dog not the wife). She’s developed some mad gastro condition and she’s not working properly because she’s constantly sick and off her food. Just shy of her 11th birthday. View attachment 257589
Mate I've always considered taking on retired guide dogs....I literally can't put into words how amazing I think they are.

At the minute I've got to 2 very reactive street dogs from Romania so it's not an option,but it's definitely something I want to do in the future.

Got lump in my throat reading you post.

Mate I've always considered taking on retired guide dogs....I literally can't put into words how amazing I think they are.

At the minute I've got to 2 very reactive street dogs from Romania so it's not an option,but it's definitely something I want to do in the future.

Luckily we’re getting to keep her as the wife as opted not to go through the whole emotion journey again. Gonna get trained with a cane instead. I think there might be some mad waiting list for Guide Dogs at the minute. Which isn’t surprising.

Luckily we’re getting to keep her as the wife as opted not to go through the whole emotion journey again. Gonna get trained with a cane instead. I think there might be some mad waiting list for Guide Dogs at the minute. Which isn’t surprising.
Amazing that your keeping her. Hopefully she has relaxing retirement,Also hope your missus is fine going forward 👍

What are yer street dogs like? Big mutants or one of the funny looking little uns?

I've got one which I'm convinced has some Mioritic in him. Tries to guard the garden from the pigeons all day.

The brother in law got a former guide dog a good few years back. The decline from amazingly trained upstanding member of canine society to "I'm eating wtf I like, when I like, and I don't care what anyone says... " was ace. Not sure if that's a 'thing' or just that the B-i-L was a rubbish dog dad?

In other news, our lad had his nuts off last Friday. He'd developed prostatitis, he's still a massive 🔔 end like.

What are yer street dogs like? Big mutants or one of the funny looking little uns?

I've got one which I'm convinced has some Mioritic in him. Tries to guard the garden from the pigeons all day.
One on the left is Dipa he was found in a bin with his sister and the one on the right is Lemon.

We got her first,she was in the terrible state when we got her,Broken leg, cutting on her head,and tail cut off ,she didn't come out of her den we made her for a whole week...not keen on men because of past trauma but she's loved to death now so she's got a happy ending.

Dipa is a lot bigger now than on his picture there we did a DNA test and he's got Ovcharka and Asian Shepard in him means other dogs are problem....Super loyal but very protective.

Utterly adore them both.

1000018278.jpg

Attachments

• 1000018275.webp
    1000018275.webp
    351.2 KB · Views: 1
One on the left is Dipa he was found in a bin with his sister and the one on the right is Lemon.

We got her first,she was in the terrible state when we got her,Broken leg, cutting on her head,and tail cut off ,she didn't come out of her den we made her for a whole week...not keen on men because of past trauma but she's loved to death now so she's got a happy ending.

Dipa is a a lot bigger now than on his picture there we did a DNA test and he's got Ovcharka and Asian Shepard in him means other dogs are problem....Super loyal but very protective.

Utterly adore them both.

View attachment 257676
They look cracking mate. Poor Lemon, loads of them don't get the best of starts in life. Mine is alright with other dogs by and large, very playful. But on occasion he will go berserk to get after another dog. No rhyme or reason to it, just have to playthings by ear.

The brother in law got a former guide dog a good few years back. The decline from amazingly trained upstanding member of canine society to "I'm eating wtf I like, when I like, and I don't care what anyone says... " was ace. Not sure if that's a 'thing' or just that the B-i-L was a rubbish dog dad?

In other news, our lad had his nuts off last Friday. He'd developed prostatitis, he's still a massive 🔔 end like.
They deserve it... they've worked hard for that retirement 🤣

They deserve it... they've worked hard for that retirement 🤣
Ha ha, spot on. He's no longer with us sadly (the dog not the BiL) but something just flipped. He just became the renegade uncle, almost overnight.
Scoffing strangers' butties in Delamere Forest, anything edible on the kitchen tops at home- gone (with or without packaging). Anything on a plate unattended- gone.

He just turned full Ollie Reid, it was sensational.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back